Why do I watch stuff like this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2016, 10:15 PM
RE: Why do I watch stuff like this?
Sometimes I rewatch the movie to practice my drawing. What do you think?

[Image: the-funny-side-of-titanic-2001001257-mar...00x450.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
18-04-2016, 10:28 PM
One of my earliest experiences with seeing boobies. Thank you, Titanic! Your sinking was not totally in vain.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
19-04-2016, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2016 12:44 AM by dancefortwo.)
Well, I watched the whole thing. Is it weird that I liked this better than the movie? There was no dumb soundtrack to distract from the drama.

Ok. Now lets see what other idiot thing I can watch.

Edit: Apparently the Titanic real time video is being promoted as a possible video game, for those who are interested is such things...... of which I am not.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-04-2016, 03:23 AM
I just watched it too. Couldn't help it. Skipped the boring parts though.

Scarier than the movie.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
19-04-2016, 03:43 AM
TLDW. Synopsis?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
19-04-2016, 05:18 AM
the part where the lifeboat falls into the water upside down and kills someone is the definition of an epic fail.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
19-04-2016, 07:20 AM
(19-04-2016 05:18 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  the part where the lifeboat falls into the water upside down and kills someone is the definition of an epic fail.

Right? I thought the same.

However, you gotta admit that not everyone can stay calm and collected while facing their impending death. The crew knew they'd go down with the ship. The passengers knew there weren't enough lifeboats. It must have been chaos up there.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
19-04-2016, 07:27 AM
(19-04-2016 07:20 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 05:18 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  the part where the lifeboat falls into the water upside down and kills someone is the definition of an epic fail.

Right? I thought the same.

However, you gotta admit that not everyone can stay calm and collected while facing their impending death. The crew knew they'd go down with the ship. The passengers knew there weren't enough lifeboats. It must have been chaos up there.

oh for sure. ive no doubt that id lose my mind in the same situation. those views inside the ship showing the rooms filling with water were creepy as hell. drowning in a metal tomb is on my list of ways i definitely dont want to die.
19-04-2016, 08:35 AM
(19-04-2016 03:43 AM)cactus Wrote:  TLDW. Synopsis?

There should be a setting on the lower sidebar, the wheel thingy, and you can click on that and turn it up to twice the speed.

It was creepy that people in the lifeboats could hear the sound of the Titanic sinking well below the surface. And the screams, 1500 people were screaming and then they were silent. I don't know how anyone could get over an experience like that but somehow most of them went on with their lives.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-04-2016, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2016 05:34 PM by cactus.)
[Image: if-the-titanic-sank-today1.jpg]
I skipped around to the parts listed in the video description.
The near miss with the lifeboats legitimately had me on the edge of my seat. This game deserves an Oscar. This simulation alone is more exciting than 100 Kate Winslet titties.

It's hard to even imagine the scope of this game. They have so much completed, and yet they still have all that character animation and voice acting to do. How does this even possible? Ohmy

Also, when most games have huge explosions and breakage going on, the designers know pretty much where the player will be, so they can get away with faking some of the tiny details. However, this sounds like it will be free-roam right up until the end, so I could swan dive off the top right as the ship is taking a nose dive, just like I would in real life Cool

Just the last minute alone seems like it would take up 50% of the game entire animation budget. I'm willing to bet the ending will just be a choice between 3 or 4 pre-rendered cutscenes, or at least cutaways to a distant 3rd person camera where they can simulate the 1500 people onboard with some cheap particle effects or something. Otherwise, dear fucking god what an achievement in real-time animation Gasp

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post