Why do US democrats still advocate slavery (literally)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2015, 06:43 PM
RE: Why do US democrats still advocate slavery (literally)?
(27-12-2015 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh dear Jesus Fuck Frankie. The evangelical fundies have far more in common with ISIS. Believe in Jesus or you're a terrorist and we're gonna make you register as such and get a star and crescent tattoo on your forehead. Why you got to be so obviously divisive? You just like to be an asshole, don't you?

I've never heard of any evangelical who says you HAVE to support their church and cannot flee. That is uniquely a democratic position, one which @EvolutionKills just re-iterated, that if you're born there, you're in for life and shouldn't be allowed to just leave.

Frankly, THAT shared way of thinking, even more than the violence is what makes ISIS, so horrific. If they said, we're establishing Sharia law within this geographic border, if you're fine with it, stay, if not, leave, I wouldn't find them so offensive. Every community sets up standards that those who choose to live in it must abide by. What makes ISIS offensive is that which they share with US democrats: the firm belief that they have the right to force their ways on you no matter what and you cannot just leave if you find their rules oppressive.

As far as being an asshole, and Chas in particular, when I first proposed the only difference between us was the use of force he could have (a) not responded, (b) acknowledged it, © come up with an example that didn't fit that mold, etc. Instead he says "how dare you tell me what I believe", so I naturally challenge him to tell me one belief he has that doesn't fit the mold. And he can't. He just says stuff like "fuck off", showing he doesn't even know what he believes and can't defend those believes. Yes, it's mildly entertaining for a couple days. I had the flu and hence was couped up for a couple days and tired of watching TV so decided to rile up Chas a bit. A guilty pleasure. I'm feeling better now and ready to get back to serious stuff. This is an anonymous internet forum, I don't see why people get incensed over posts. We're all just killing time, and I'm sure this isn't the way we act in real life. In real life, we don't discuss politics or religion--certainly not with friends.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2015, 06:53 PM
(27-12-2015 05:44 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 05:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  You left the U.S.A. Why are you still whining? Consider

Because the #1 reason I left was that I didn't want to be part of a terrorist society that invades, loots and kills innocent people on the other side of the planet. But you club-wielding neanderthals insist (like EvolutionKills just did) that even though I want nothing to do with this and never set foot on US soil and have no intention of ever returning, I must still continue to fund your barbaric war effort or else you'll send your thugs over to haul me back to the US at gunpoint and lock me up for trying to escape.

Believe me, it's more frustrating when you've left the US and simply want to escape and get away from those war-mongering barbarians in the Democratic party, and they insist that no matter where you go on the planet, you cannot ever escape and they will hunt you down if you don't report to them everything you do every moment of the day that is of economic interest. I am forced at gunpoint to support a killing machine that slaughters millions of innocent people, overthrows peaceful modern democracies to put in place dictators who let them loot and plunder.

Did someone say Democrats? I thought they said liberals. Consider

Quote:Besides, this post was prompted by the other thread trying to rewrite history and claim democrats opposed slavery and the republicans supported it, when every history book will tell you it's the exact opposite. Where's your fact checking then? When I said that Iran was a modern democracy before the US overthrew them, and that an Iranian physicist first calculated the speed of light and invented the laser, you "fact checked" me and dismissed my entire argument because I didn't call him a "co-inventor" and didn't specify that he was the first to "accurately" measure the speed of light since others had previously approximated it. You nitpick absurd little trivia that has nothing to do with the point I'm making in the name of fact checking, and then those who share your political review can completely rewrite history, like reversing the sides in the civil war, and your fact-checking doesn't notice.

No, I did not dismiss your argument, I said that your playing fast and loose with the truth weakens your credibility.

You are simply wrong about 'an Iranian physivist' being the first to measure the speed of light. The only part you got correct was the fact that he was Iranian. He and his associates were not the first to measure the speed of light. He was not educated in physics at the University of Tehran, and so on.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-12-2015, 06:57 PM
(27-12-2015 06:43 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh dear Jesus Fuck Frankie. The evangelical fundies have far more in common with ISIS. Believe in Jesus or you're a terrorist and we're gonna make you register as such and get a star and crescent tattoo on your forehead. Why you got to be so obviously divisive? You just like to be an asshole, don't you?

I've never heard of any evangelical who says you HAVE to support their church and cannot flee.

Oh for the love of dear God Frankie. Waco? Jonestown? Heaven's Gate? .... don't worry about the koolaid, the koolaid it's God.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-12-2015, 07:17 PM
(27-12-2015 06:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 06:43 PM)frankksj Wrote:  I've never heard of any evangelical who says you HAVE to support their church and cannot flee.

Oh for the love of dear God Frankie. Waco? Jonestown? Heaven's Gate? .... don't worry about the koolaid, the koolaid it's God.

I looked up all those religions on wikipedia, and I can find no reference anywhere suggesting that, if you were born into that religion, as an adult you were never allowed to leave and they used force to make everyone remain in the church. Do you have any citations to back that up?

AFAIK, that mentality is unique to ISIS, North Korea and the US Democratic party.
27-12-2015, 07:22 PM
(27-12-2015 07:17 PM)frankksj Wrote:  AFAIK, that mentality is unique to ISIS, North Korea and the US Democratic party.

[Image: Citation_needed.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-12-2015, 07:24 PM
(27-12-2015 07:17 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 06:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh for the love of dear God Frankie. Waco? Jonestown? Heaven's Gate? .... don't worry about the koolaid, the koolaid it's God.

I looked up all those religions on wikipedia, and I can find no reference anywhere suggesting that, if you were born into that religion, as an adult you were never allowed to leave and they used force to make everyone remain in the church. Do you have any citations to back that up?

AFAIK, that mentality is unique to ISIS, North Korea and the US Democratic party.

I got more than a few gallons of eat my ass. Eat my ass Frankie, eat my ass.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-12-2015, 07:27 PM
(27-12-2015 07:17 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 06:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh for the love of dear God Frankie. Waco? Jonestown? Heaven's Gate? .... don't worry about the koolaid, the koolaid it's God.

Seriously? Every man woman and child among them all wanted that kool-aid, you think?
Didn't somebody just give Chas guff over nitpicking?

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
27-12-2015, 08:29 PM
So funny. One asks for a citation from frank and he disappears. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Yes, living in Canada as a U.S. citizen, I do have to file taxes in both the U.S. and Canada. No, I don't actually end up paying much. You only get double taxed on income above like 100,000 (I don't feel like looking up the exact number), and wherever I file 2nd, whether it's the U.S. or Canada, anything I've already paid in the other country is deductible.

It's a pain in the ass, sure, but far from crippling. And even living abroad, by virtue of being a U.S. citizen you create an expense. Few countries don't try to recuperate at least some of that expense, it isn't just the U.S.

And if you're in another country as something other than a tourist, you are likely on a path that ultimately leads to citizenship, if you choose that route. The U.S. is not impeding my Canadian citizenship process in any way, and I'm still on reserve status with the U.S. military.

You don't like the U.S. I get it, whatever. But you've become delusional in regards to your belief that the U.S. actually gives a shit about you wanting to leave. It doesn't. Unless you've got a warrant out or something, in which case the background check almost all countries require for immigration regardless of where you're coming from could put a wrench in your plans.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
27-12-2015, 10:05 PM
(27-12-2015 07:17 PM)frankksj Wrote:  I looked up all those religions on wikipedia, and I can find no reference anywhere suggesting that, if you were born into that religion, as an adult you were never allowed to leave and they used force to make everyone remain in the church. Do you have any citations to back that up?

Almost all of them fucking died,you fucking idiot. Fuck off Frankie, you're just boring me now.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post