Why do americans score so low on Accepting evolution as a fact

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2014, 04:33 PM
RE: Why do americans score so low on Accepting evolution as a fact
Uhhh I dunno, but If Americans came from Europe why is there still Europe?

don't believe everything you think
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2014, 12:44 AM
in the comments there an idiot named Simon whose going against that video, me and a few rational people are dealing with him, he posts bullshit links and is trying to market books it seems

I decided to try something
I asked him to come to the thinking atheist since he keeps claiming about bullshit evidence, I already knew he wouldn't but asked him to see what excuse he'd come up with Big Grin
15-09-2014, 01:06 AM
(14-09-2014 02:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's very embarrassing to be an American sometimes.Sadcryface

I know, right?

Imagine an atheist politician saying, "I am atheist; all you good atheists and others out there vote for me."

I'm afraid it's systemic.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
15-09-2014, 07:15 AM
They got the american jesus!!!
15-09-2014, 07:41 AM
(14-09-2014 02:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's very embarrassing to be an American sometimes.Sadcryface

its more embarrassing ot think that america is the current supper power after seeing all this
15-09-2014, 10:40 AM
(15-09-2014 12:44 AM)Ace Wrote:  in the comments there an idiot named Simon whose going against that video, me and a few rational people are dealing with him, he posts bullshit links and is trying to market books it seems

I decided to try something
I asked him to come to the thinking atheist since he keeps claiming about bullshit evidence, I already knew he wouldn't but asked him to see what excuse he'd come up with Big Grin

I've been reading the comments and saw the Simon posts. He copies and pasts super long crap from creationist sites. I replied to something he claimed regarding the Shroud of Turin crap. I donno why I reply to idiots like that but sometimes I can't help myself. I just want to slap some sense into them. Beat_stick

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Are we talking about two extremists in this thread or tens of millions of reasonably educated Americans who say creation is true? What kinds of numbers are accepted, and what percentage of them have bachelor's degrees or beyond from secular colleges?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like The Q Continuum's post
15-09-2014, 12:52 PM
(14-09-2014 10:10 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Evolution must be false because the bible is the word of god and god created humans silly, so evolution must be wrong. Of course the bible says nothing about how to build a skyscraper or proper medical surgery techniques or how we can feed millions of starving children. I'm going to pray now and not think about all the horrific things in the world, like evolution. It confuses my simple brain. Tell me Jesus. Explain to me why these atheist future bbq inhabitants want me to throw away all you've taught me to hate, in favor of a meaningless world where most things have real and rational answers. They can't explain the warmth I feel in my warm blooded body when I think about you or sex or furry kittens. My great grandfather wasn't a monkey. Very hairy for sure, but not a monkey. I'll do anything you want jesus, just send me sign. Ding

A text message saying I'm on my way. It says it's from my brother, but it's really a sign from jesus.

Thank you, I'll never accept evolution

Bowing

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Because america is the fucking stupid kid of the countries.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-09-2014, 03:07 PM
(15-09-2014 02:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Because america is the fucking stupid kid of the countries.

It's also because America doesn't have much regard for highly intelligent people. We tend to elect people who, even if they are educated, don't throw their knowledge around too much. Politicians need to seem like a regular guy, or gal who pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, not by getting A's in college. The people we admire are not scientists but celebrities or sports stars and their IQ is the least important thing we care about.

The other thing, and it's related to my first paragraph, is that we don't pay teachers very much. And teachers now have an added burden. They are there not only to teach but to fix every social problem that comes down the pike because we don't have the social safety net available that other countries have set up. My husband is a teacher with many years of training and education behind him. He graduated from USC in Los Angeles with a Masters and keeps taking classes to upgrade his knowledge. If he had gone into any other field he would have made far more money and had much less stress and frustration.

There is a history of teachers in the USA being underpaid females who were spinsters and couldn't find any other way to make a living and this idiot attitude has trickled down throughout several generations.

My father was also a teacher and in his later years traveled to Europe. When someone from another country discovered that he was a teacher they treated him with such respect. He had never experienced this before, he was quite amazed. So it's no wonder that Americans don't know about evolution we have such a sad attitude towards educated people from the get go. It drives me nuts.

Rant over.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post