Why do atheists become atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-01-2015, 11:02 AM
RE: Why do atheists become atheists?
(22-01-2015 10:24 AM)Free Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 10:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, goody. We have The One True Atheist™ here to show us all how it's done.

Prove you have evidence to support your silly little sub 7.0 position and we can talk.

If you can't do that, then it is intellectually dishonest of you to even try to defend your stupid position.

That makes you no fucking better than a theist.

Drinking Beverage

You are the one making the claim: you claim no gods exist. You have not proved it.

You are as foolish and wrong-headed as Heywood Jahblome at his worst.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2015, 11:34 AM
(22-01-2015 11:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 10:24 AM)Free Wrote:  Prove you have evidence to support your silly little sub 7.0 position and we can talk.

If you can't do that, then it is intellectually dishonest of you to even try to defend your stupid position.

That makes you no fucking better than a theist.

Drinking Beverage

You are the one making the claim: you claim no gods exist. You have not proved it.

You do understand that you are employing the logical fallacy of shifting the burden of proof when you insist that I can't prove God doesn't exist, right?

This demonstrates theistic characteristics, and is identical to the theists argument.

I am not obligated to even respond to your fallacious logic, let alone provide any evidence.

You have the Burden of Proof, now prove your reasoning with evidence as to why you are not 7.0.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
22-01-2015, 11:47 AM
(22-01-2015 11:34 AM)Free Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 11:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are the one making the claim: you claim no gods exist. You have not proved it.

You do understand that you are employing the logical fallacy of shifting the burden of proof when you insist that I can't prove God doesn't exist, right?

This demonstrates theistic characteristics, and is identical to the theists argument.

I am not obligated to even respond to your fallacious logic, let alone provide any evidence.

You have the Burden of Proof, now prove your reasoning with evidence as to why you are not 7.0.

Big Grin

From your link you are trying to use to make your points.
Quote: "Apologists have the burden of proof for the existence of god since they are making a knowledge claim"

You are making a knowledge claim by stating you know god doesn't exist. The burden of proof is on both 1 and 7 positions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
(22-01-2015 11:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are the one making the claim: you claim no gods exist. You have not proved it.

Big Grin

You can continue believing this, but you are claiming knowledge you do not have.

You are making a claim - prove it or just shut the fuck up.

Big Grin

But a theist is making a positive claim of absolute knowledge, correct? That's why we atheists say, "We don't believe you. Prove it."
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
22-01-2015, 11:52 AM
(22-01-2015 11:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 11:34 AM)Free Wrote:  You do understand that you are employing the logical fallacy of shifting the burden of proof when you insist that I can't prove God doesn't exist, right?

Big Grin

From your link you are trying to use to make your points.
Quote: "Apologists have the burden of proof for the existence of god since they are making a knowledge claim"

You are making a knowledge claim by stating you know god doesn't exist. The burden of proof is on both 1 and 7 positions.

Yes, and I showed the reasoning and evidence to support my claim, which no one here has disputed in any way. Not that i am in any way obligated to prove that position, since the burden of proof is always upon anyone making a claim of the existence of God, or possible existence.

Therefore, unless you actually address my reasoning and evidence- which not one of you has- it remains undisputed. Merely asserting that my position isn't correct is meaningless unless you successfully demonstrate why.

And none of you have. Not a single one.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
22-01-2015, 11:53 AM
(22-01-2015 11:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 11:34 AM)Free Wrote:  You do understand that you are employing the logical fallacy of shifting the burden of proof when you insist that I can't prove God doesn't exist, right?

Big Grin

You can continue believing this, but you are claiming knowledge you do not have.

The knowledge I have is that God does not exist. The reason I have this knowledge is that there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Big Grin

22-01-2015, 11:54 AM
(22-01-2015 11:53 AM)Free Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 11:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  You can continue believing this, but you are claiming knowledge you do not have.

The knowledge I have is that God does not exist. The reason I have this knowledge is that there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Big Grin

That is fallacious reasoning. You do not understand what proof is.

22-01-2015, 11:58 AM
(22-01-2015 11:47 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  

Big Grin

But a theist is making a positive claim of absolute knowledge, correct? That's why we atheists say, "We don't believe you. Prove it."

The claim of absolute knowledge exists also if you say that certainly no gods exist. But I don't think anyone of us holds absolute knowledge, right?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
22-01-2015, 11:59 AM
(22-01-2015 11:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 11:53 AM)Free Wrote:  The knowledge I have is that God does not exist. The reason I have this knowledge is that there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Big Grin

That is fallacious reasoning. You do not understand what proof is.

No, you don't, because you use logical fallacies in your arguments, so it is no mystery why you don't understand what evidence actually is, or what the lack of evidence demonstrates.

Big Grin