Why do atheists become atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
25-01-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: Why do atheists become atheists?
(25-01-2015 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 09:28 AM)Free Wrote:  Again, all you ever do on these forums is assert your opinion without ever explaining it or backing it up with any kind of logical argument.

Like WitchSabrina says, you do this trolling bullshit all the time, and yes, it is annoying.

Back up your assertions, or fuck off. And I mean that most sincerely.

Big Grin

I am simply denying your unfounded assertions. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

Sure you are, without explaining why they are unfounded. This means you have said absolutely nothing.

Quote:You consistently twist definitions to suit your presuppositional stances.

And without explanation you haven't demonstrated how or why. Again, you have said absolutely nothing. You've anchored it to squat.

Quote:Oh, and where did WitchSabrina say that? Consider

Look up to HERE.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2015, 10:00 AM
(25-01-2015 09:49 AM)Free Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  I am simply denying your unfounded assertions. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

Sure you are, without explaining why they are unfounded. This means you have said absolutely nothing.

Your claim that by saying one lacks knowledge implies that that one believes there is knowledge to be had is illogical. You cannot derive that.

Quote:
Quote:You consistently twist definitions to suit your presuppositional stances.

And without explanation you haven't demonstrated how or why. Again, you have said absolutely nothing. You've anchored it to squat.

When you utterly misconstrue a definition I suppose I should restate the definition in terms you will understand? It's impossible to know what terms you will understand since you tend to misinterpret so many simple definitions, e.g. agnostic.

Quote:
Quote:Oh, and where did WitchSabrina say that? Consider

Look up to HERE.

She didn't say what you are claiming she said.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-01-2015, 10:04 AM
(25-01-2015 10:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 09:49 AM)Free Wrote:  Sure you are, without explaining why they are unfounded. This means you have said absolutely nothing.

Your claim that by saying one lacks knowledge implies that that one believes there is knowledge to be had is illogical. You cannot derive that.

And around and around we go again.

You have asserted, but provided no reasoning, no logic, no evidence to anchor your assertions to.

Again, you've said nothing.

Quote:
Quote:And without explanation you haven't demonstrated how or why. Again, you have said absolutely nothing. You've anchored it to squat.

When you utterly misconstrue a definition I suppose I should restate the definition in terms you will understand? It's impossible to know what terms you will understand since you tend to misinterpret so many simple definitions, e.g. agnostic.

And again you have said nothing. You've proven nothing. Reasoned nothing. Applied no logic.

Your assertions are all baseless.

Quote:
Quote:Look up to HERE.

She didn't say what you are claiming she said.

Since she is responding to my comments to you, she is agreeing with what I said about how you cut off parts of a discussion to misrepresent the actual position.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
25-01-2015, 10:14 AM
(25-01-2015 10:04 AM)Free Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 10:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your claim that by saying one lacks knowledge implies that that one believes there is knowledge to be had is illogical. You cannot derive that.

And around and around we go again.

You have asserted, but provided no reasoning, no logic, no evidence to anchor your assertions to.

I have said that you are wrong in the very basis of your argument. You make an illogical conclusion about lack of knowledge.

Quote:
Quote:When you utterly misconstrue a definition I suppose I should restate the definition in terms you will understand? It's impossible to know what terms you will understand since you tend to misinterpret so many simple definitions, e.g. agnostic.

And again you have said nothing. You've proven nothing. Reasoned nothing. Applied no logic.

I have said that you are wrong in the very basis of your argument. The core of your argument is invalidly asserting that the claim of lack of knowledge means that the claimant asserts there is knowledge to be had. That is absurd.

Quote:
Quote:She didn't say what you are claiming she said.

Since she is responding to my comments to you, she is agreeing with what I said about how you cut off parts of a discussion to misrepresent the actual position.

Maybe you should let her clarify that, instead of you doing more misinterpreting.

25-01-2015, 10:21 AM
(25-01-2015 10:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 10:04 AM)Free Wrote:  And around and around we go again.

I have said that you are wrong in the very basis of your argument. You make an illogical conclusion about lack of knowledge.

Oh! I get it it! Because you said it, by golly it must be true!

Right?

Quote:
Quote:And again you have said nothing. You've proven nothing. Reasoned nothing. Applied no logic.

I have said that you are wrong in the very basis of your argument. The core of your argument is invalidly asserting that the claim of lack of knowledge means that the claimant asserts there is knowledge to be had. That is absurd.

Again, because you said it, by golly it must be true!

Right?

Let me know when you make the conscious connection to reality and can anchor your assertions to something demonstrable.

I can wait.

Drinking Beverage

25-01-2015, 10:24 AM
(25-01-2015 10:21 AM)Free Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 10:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  I have said that you are wrong in the very basis of your argument. You make an illogical conclusion about lack of knowledge.

Oh! I get it it! Because you said it, by golly it must be true!

Right?

Quote:I have said that you are wrong in the very basis of your argument. The core of your argument is invalidly asserting that the claim of lack of knowledge means that the claimant asserts there is knowledge to be had. That is absurd.

Right?

Let me know when you make the conscious connection to reality and can anchor your assertions to something demonstrable.

I can wait.

Drinking Beverage

The entire basis of your argument is unsupported and illogical assertion.

25-01-2015, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2015 10:37 AM by Free.)
(25-01-2015 10:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 10:21 AM)Free Wrote:  Oh! I get it it! Because you said it, by golly it must be true!

Right?

Right?

I can wait.

Drinking Beverage

The entire basis of your argument is unsupported and illogical assertion.

By golly that MUST be true!

Hence, since I assert that you're so full of shit it is literally coming out your ears, then by golly that MUST be true too!

After all, if mere assertions can dictate what the truth is, I guess we are both correct!

Bowing

25-01-2015, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2015 12:57 PM by WitchSabrina.)
(25-01-2015 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 09:28 AM)Free Wrote:  Again, all you ever do on these forums is assert your opinion without ever explaining it or backing it up with any kind of logical argument.

Like WitchSabrina says, you do this trolling bullshit all the time, and yes, it is annoying.

Back up your assertions, or fuck off. And I mean that most sincerely.

Big Grin

I am simply denying your unfounded assertions. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

You consistently twist definitions to suit your presuppositional stances.

Oh, and where did WitchSabrina say that? Consider

What I meant towards Stevil is that I've seen him make a case for God before....
He seems to always assert that becsuse WE cannot prove gods non existance that leaves room FOR such.
You cannot prove a negative. That's been said here 1000 times.
This thread is no different.

Free I am with you in theory....
but always pay attention to Chas's logic. He's pretty infallible.

always always follow the logic.

example:
If I say "unicorns do not exist"....I. cannot prove that. You'd be asking me to prove a negative.
IF someone else says "well you can't prove they don't exist then they might"
they're essentially saying they believe in the possibility OF unicorn existence.....aka the positive.
The burden of proof lies with them for asserting a positive.
A positive assertion may be proved. A negative one cannot possibly be proven.

that's all I can say on the subject.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
25-01-2015, 01:02 PM
(25-01-2015 09:16 AM)Free Wrote:  Agnostic:

"A person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, such as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience."

Hence, a true agnostic is one who determines that there is knowledge in existence...
How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

Your application of logic and comprehension is appalling.
25-01-2015, 01:04 PM
(25-01-2015 09:48 AM)bencandide Wrote:  To all cool or not so cool debater of this highly sophisticated branch of the thread:
There is nothing sophisticated about this branch of the thread. It is currently focused on lunacy and illogical inference.