Why do atheists become atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
02-02-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: Why do atheists become atheists?
(02-02-2015 05:14 PM)bencandide Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 04:42 PM)Free Wrote:  Sarcasm noted.

However, was there ever any kind of religious influence in your life?

Are you sincere with that question?
If yes, you get a sincere answer: yes, and I mentioned that several times - during childhood and school time. Taking lessons in religion had been obligatory all over my country when I went to school.
If not, I could draw the conclusion that there is a little bit of humor left hidden behind your history books. Because: it is difficult to find somebody (except kids like Kaspar Hauser) who did not get into connection with any kind of religious influenza.

What I am saying is that there is evidence of cognitive dissonance in your posts, indicating that you are still "coming out" in regards to atheism. The religious influences in your life are very obvious.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Why do atheists become atheists?
(02-02-2015 05:36 PM)Free Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 05:14 PM)bencandide Wrote:  Are you sincere with that question?
If yes, you get a sincere answer: yes, and I mentioned that several times - during childhood and school time. Taking lessons in religion had been obligatory all over my country when I went to school.
If not, I could draw the conclusion that there is a little bit of humor left hidden behind your history books. Because: it is difficult to find somebody (except kids like Kaspar Hauser) who did not get into connection with any kind of religious influenza.

What I am saying is that there is evidence of cognitive dissonance in your posts, indicating that you are still "coming out" in regards to atheism. The religious influences in your life are very obvious.

Dear Free, if you would know me, we could both laugh about your statement concerning cognitive dissonance, really, and than drink a good bottle of wine together, to get more consonance.
Using words like ┬┤pray┬┤ and so on was done deliberately - I just liked to tease you.

Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
Thomas Paine
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply