Why do atheists deny this knock-down argument against atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2014, 05:55 AM
RE: Why do atheists deny this knock-down argument against atheism?
(28-09-2014 05:07 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Don't feed the trolls. No person so stupid would be capable of registering for a forum on the internet.

Unless OP is 13 years old. Either way there is no point in replying.

Wow, where have you been grmanyt? I remember seeing you post when I first came here two years ago. Great to see you back.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2014, 06:17 AM
(16-09-2014 09:12 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 05:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  KJV, the christian apologists have modified the bible to alleviate these painful scriptures. Here do a comparison here...

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/numbers/23-22.html

You can type in the scripture, click the box and select which bible you want to look at. KJV is the oldest version, thus the truest to original. They figured out it was hard to explain away unicorns so they changed it to ox etc...

I thought it must be a different version. I have the new king James. Now I wonder what the original (Hebrew?) was.

Edit: I looked up the Hebrew, which is רְאֵם. It translates to "oryx" or "buffalo," which I had no idea what an oryx was so I had to look that up, too. It's an endangered antelope that looks like this:

[Image: 320px-Oryx_gazella_in_the_Kgalagadi_Tran...rk_002.jpg]

Not exactly a unicorn..

at least it has something in common with religion..................... their both endangered but only one of them is worth keeping alive
28-09-2014, 10:06 AM
You have to be joking. This proves nothing. God said ask anything in my name and it will be done for you. He is a liar. There are many lies in the Bible