Why do atheists deny this knock-down argument against atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2014, 01:50 PM
RE: Why do atheists deny this knock-down argument against atheism?
(16-09-2014 09:57 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  This post is the word of Can_of_Beans
Can_of_Beans cannot lie (this post says so)
Can_of_Beans exists (this post says so)
Can_of_Beans is god (this post says so)

Banana_zorro Checkmate Christians! Banana_zorro

If you want to demonstrate your love for me, cash, credit cards, checks, money orders, wire transfers and ACH payments all work fine.

What? No burnt offerings? Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2014, 02:01 PM
(16-09-2014 01:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  What? No burnt offerings? Shocking

That aroma isn't pleasing to everyone. Only certain types like that.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
16-09-2014, 02:43 PM
(16-09-2014 01:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 09:57 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  This post is the word of Can_of_Beans
Can_of_Beans cannot lie (this post says so)
Can_of_Beans exists (this post says so)
Can_of_Beans is god (this post says so)

Banana_zorro Checkmate Christians! Banana_zorro

If you want to demonstrate your love for me, cash, credit cards, checks, money orders, wire transfers and ACH payments all work fine.

What? No burnt offerings? Shocking

Absolutely not! Angry

I prefer my offerings medium rare.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
16-09-2014, 02:46 PM
(16-09-2014 02:43 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 01:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  What? No burnt offerings? Shocking

Absolutely not! Angry

You make a meaty argument. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
16-09-2014, 03:19 PM
(16-09-2014 02:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 02:43 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Absolutely not! Angry

You make a meaty argument. Drinking Beverage

There could be a lot of money at steak.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
16-09-2014, 03:24 PM
(15-09-2014 06:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-09-2014 06:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  We deny it because of this. It's circular logic. You can't say that the bible is god's word.... As proven by the bible.

Not only is it circular with the premises assuming the conclusion, every one of the premises is unsound so there's no reason to even consider its validity.

(15-09-2014 05:34 PM)KittensForChrist Wrote:  This logically proves God without a shadow of doubt. It's even published in The Astronomical Journal, which proves that the argument is true and factual. It is impossible to disprove it because the conclusion logically follows the premises.

I don't think you know what a logical proof requires.

(15-09-2014 05:34 PM)KittensForChrist Wrote:  Will atheists be honest and renounce their atheism before it's too late? You all just hate God anyways, you aren't even atheists because everyone knows God exists.

But I love the One True God, the One True Lord and Savior. His name is Bob.

(15-09-2014 05:34 PM)KittensForChrist Wrote:  If you don't repent, you will die!

If I do repent I will die!

(15-09-2014 05:34 PM)KittensForChrist Wrote:  Read Revelations and be very afraid, this is what will happen to you if you don't repent!

It's already happened to me. Just required the proper combination of hallucinogens and psychedelics.

"But I love the One True God, the One True Lord and Savior. His name is Bob."

Another Dylan fan! I thought we'd almost died out.
16-09-2014, 03:29 PM
(16-09-2014 03:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 02:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  You make a meaty argument. Drinking Beverage

There could be a lot of money at steak.

Not to mention the fate of your soul. I can assure you that an eternity in my hell would be just offal.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
16-09-2014, 03:32 PM
(16-09-2014 03:29 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 03:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  There could be a lot of money at steak.

Not to mention the fate of your soul. I can assure you that an eternity in my hell would be just offal.

Facepalm Big Grin
16-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Post #69

What do I win?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-09-2014, 03:44 PM
(15-09-2014 05:34 PM)KittensForChrist Wrote:  p: The Bible is God's word.*
q: The Bible says that God cannot lie.**
h: The Bible says that God exists.***
i: God cannot lie.
j: God exists.

[(p∧q⇒i)∧h]⇒j

* Proven by 2 Timothy 3:16.
** Proven by Numbers 23:19.
*** Proven by John 3:16.

This logically proves God without a shadow of doubt. It's even published in The Astronomical Journal, which proves that the argument is true and factual. It is impossible to disprove it because the conclusion logically follows the premises.

Will atheists be honest and renounce their atheism before it's too late? You all just hate God anyways, you aren't even atheists because everyone knows God exists. You're just mad because something bad happened to you, like the professor in that God's Not Dead movie. That movie has a very accurate depiction of atheism and disproves evolution "theory" and the Big Bang "theory" by proving that God exists by giving quotes by the greatest atheists showing they are unsure.

If you don't repent, you will die! Read Revelations and be very afraid, this is what will happen to you if you don't repent!

Welcome!

I would like to examine that. But first here are a few issues I need addressed, perhaps you can help me see the light...

No one who wrote of jesus (biblical or non christian) knew jesus. The resurrection story was an interpolation. The OT was written by Judaen priests not Moses (fictional person by the way, just like Noah, adam and eve etc)...so lets see since there is ZERO evidence to substantiate jesus of nazareth was performing miracles like benny hinn on a world tour, AND no one wrote of any of these alleged miraculous events AT THE TIME of jesus, and we can trace the fabrication right back to its inception, creation and assimilation....why should we believe in your mythical hero again? Consider

Consider this:

1)An un evidenced, unverifiable God possesses certain presupposed attributes as found in religious propaganda, folklore and literature

2)It is impossible for any presupposed un evidenced entity to attain any verifiable attributes without the intervention of a creative entity

3) Overwhelming evidence indicates that humans create and compose propaganda, folklore and literature having to do with all gods.

Therefore a creative entity superior to all presupposed gods exists, and that entity is man.

Here, i will give you a small gift:

my favorite interpolation is the Mark (16:1-20) resurrection myth. The verses 9-20 are not found in the earlier manuscripts, and are therefore considered later additions (interpolation) by some well meaning christian who sought to further the legend. So the gospel of Mark ended without anyone seeing the resurrected jesus, or any of the cool stuff about snake handling, drinking poison etc....and think about that particular strain of christianity that dances around with the snakes, because it is in the "scripture"...no actually that was more fabrication after the fact..priceless. Of course I won't go on about who actually wrote Mark, I don't want to dismantle your faith too fast.

Enter a debate with me, I believe you have the potential to actually learn about your religion, and perhaps shake off the delusion, and I am here to help! Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post