Why do christians think bits of the OT don't apply to them?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2017, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 05:50 AM by Celestial_Wonder.)
RE: Why do christians think bits of the OT don't apply to them?
(10-03-2017 05:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 04:24 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  No Silly Deity, they are similar, and stop it, just because you don't like something doesn't mean its not true. Humans react the same way to all negative outside influences that contradict their own opinions, 'atheists' or people of 'science' are no different.

Only with atheists you get a lot more 'smug' thanks to Richard Dawkins leaving an impression on an entire generation of young impressionable youths. Or from watching to much House.

Well, you're a dipshit. Not only that, but you're a terribly unimaginative one too.

There is a large and very important distinction behind actual scientific theories, their ramifications and extrapolations (neither of your two examples were legit theories, they are hypothesis at best), and a supposedly divine directive from the creator of the universe dictating human behavior on Earth laid out in ancient text. But I think you know that already. You're not really so stupid as to not understand the distinction.

Unfortunately for you and your purposely contrarian shenanigans, you are nowhere close to being even half as clever as you think you are.

2/10 - Try Harder Drinking Beverage

Oh please, as if the big bang 'theory' is anything more than a hypothesis. FYI Consensus doesn't mean its right! Otherwise the Christians would win by a landslide.

Ramifications and extrapolations, but does it make sense? And what evidence is there to support it? Having just one thing IE Red shift (which its own relationship to the 'big bang' is generally questioned) for which to base your theory off of is just as bad as basing your belief in a god because of the bible.

And then there's the cosmic microwave background, I mean seriously, not even going to try and study alternatives. Just jump right on that big bang bandwagon. A lot of science today is actually confirmation bias. CMB everyone must be the big bang! No other explanation will be accepted or viewed upon without bias!

(10-03-2017 05:39 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 04:24 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  No Silly Deity, they are similar, and stop it, just because you don't like something doesn't mean its not true. Humans react the same way to all negative outside influences that contradict their own opinions, 'atheists' or people of 'science' are no different.

Only with atheists you get a lot more 'smug' thanks to Richard Dawkins leaving an impression on an entire generation of young impressionable youths. Or from watching to much House.

Atheism is a lack of beliefs in a god or gods. That's it.

Don't start claiming your argument is not a strawman when it clearly is. I didn't make any statements or claims about science or the Big Bang Theory.

Religion and science are not equivalents. Religions are faith-based and are by definition irrational. Science is based on empirical evidence and reason.

Now, how about answering my question?

Of course you didn't, why look at your own faults before looking at the faults of others? That just wouldn't make any sense at all now would it?

The fact of the matter is that most people will choose A) the option that pleases them the most B) the option that allows them to be part of the 'group' they will likely not choose the answer C) which is an option that may not be pleasing and does not allow them to be part of a large recognized group.

Most people choose both A and B because it can be a multiple choice.

For example, most people here are not conspiracy theorists, and quite so conspiracy theorists here are by and large banned for not conforming to the status quo. Conspiracy theories do not please people even those who believe in them, and they are not 'officially recognized' by the governments but are rather scoffed, ridiculed, and mocked. Why any government would ever do that is beyond me (sarcasm) Yet despite this there are a HUGE amount of conspiracy theorists, they only lack leadership, otherwise they could easily topple government, that is how vast their numberes are. Especially for the 9/11 conspiracy.

And yet here you are, not believing in anything that displeases you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2017, 05:49 AM
(10-03-2017 03:42 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Why do...?

Italics mine.

They're dickheads.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-03-2017, 06:17 AM
(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The fact of the matter is that most people will choose A) the option that pleases them the most B) the option that allows them to be part of the 'group' they will likely not choose the answer C) which is an option that may not be pleasing and does not allow them to be part of a large recognized group.

For example, most people here are not conspiracy theorists, and quite so conspiracy theorists here are by and large banned for not conforming to the status quo. Conspiracy theories do not please people even those who believe in them, and they are not 'officially recognized' by the governments but are rather scoffed, ridiculed, and mocked. Why any government would ever do that is beyond me (sarcasm) Yet despite this there are a HUGE amount of conspiracy theorists, they only lack leadership, otherwise they could easily topple government, that is how vast their numberes are. Especially for the 9/11 conspiracy.

So you're saying the christianity is a conspiracy theory that lots of people have bought into?

(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  And yet here you are, not believing in anything that displeases you.

What do you know about my beliefs? Nothing. Don't presume.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
10-03-2017, 06:40 AM
(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 05:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, you're a dipshit. Not only that, but you're a terribly unimaginative one too.

There is a large and very important distinction behind actual scientific theories, their ramifications and extrapolations (neither of your two examples were legit theories, they are hypothesis at best), and a supposedly divine directive from the creator of the universe dictating human behavior on Earth laid out in ancient text. But I think you know that already. You're not really so stupid as to not understand the distinction.

Unfortunately for you and your purposely contrarian shenanigans, you are nowhere close to being even half as clever as you think you are.

2/10 - Try Harder Drinking Beverage

Oh please, as if the big bang 'theory' is anything more than a hypothesis. FYI Consensus doesn't mean its right! Otherwise the Christians would win by a landslide.

Ramifications and extrapolations, but does it make sense? And what evidence is there to support it? Having just one thing IE Red shift (which its own relationship to the 'big bang' is generally questioned) for which to base your theory off of is just as bad as basing your belief in a god because of the bible.

And then there's the cosmic microwave background, I mean seriously, not even going to try and study alternatives. Just jump right on that big bang bandwagon. A lot of science today is actually confirmation bias. CMB everyone must be the big bang! No other explanation will be accepted or viewed upon without bias!

(10-03-2017 05:39 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Atheism is a lack of beliefs in a god or gods. That's it.

Don't start claiming your argument is not a strawman when it clearly is. I didn't make any statements or claims about science or the Big Bang Theory.

Religion and science are not equivalents. Religions are faith-based and are by definition irrational. Science is based on empirical evidence and reason.

Now, how about answering my question?

Of course you didn't, why look at your own faults before looking at the faults of others? That just wouldn't make any sense at all now would it?

The fact of the matter is that most people will choose A) the option that pleases them the most B) the option that allows them to be part of the 'group' they will likely not choose the answer C) which is an option that may not be pleasing and does not allow them to be part of a large recognized group.

And yet here you are, not believing in anything that displeases you.

One more "well, you do it too" adolescent response.
[+] 3 users Like kemo boy's post
10-03-2017, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 06:49 AM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(10-03-2017 06:17 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  So you're saying the christianity is a conspiracy theory that lots of people have bought into?

Well I wasn't meaning that but... given the definition of conspiracy and the origins of messianic era of judaism... so... yes. Jesus was after all executed for crimes of Sedition.

Seditious conspiracy is a crime that is committed when two or more persons conspire to forcibly: a. destroy or overthrow the U.S. government; b. create obstacles or prevent the execution of U.S. laws; c. oppose the authority of the U.S. government; or d. unlawfully possess or take property that belong to the nation.

After the Romans stomped their rebellion it probably came more of an 'afterlife' thing. IE we got our asses kicked.

(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  And yet here you are, not believing in anything that displeases you.

What do you know about my beliefs? Nothing. Don't presume.
[/quote]

Oh I am going to presume that you are like me, and that I am like every other human on this planet. We're nothing special, and we're both subject to the same propaganda and mostly the same outside influences, or at least we are subject to outside influences which have a similar effect on our way of thinking.

So in my presumption that you are a human being, you are already in error, as am I. I know that there are things which I believe which are not true, I just do not know which things they are, but that does not stop me from trying to rectify that judgment and learn what is and what is not true. You stopped believing in a god, a thing which is likely not true, congratulations... you aren't done yet and you and I will NEVER be done.

(10-03-2017 06:40 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  One more "well, you do it too" adolescent response.

More like. 'You're not any better'

That's one thing i've observed ESPECIALLY here. Is that people REALLY love to put themselves above others, superior to the inferior minds of the other members of their species.
10-03-2017, 06:47 AM
(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Oh please, as if the big bang 'theory' is anything more than a hypothesis.

Hahahahahahahaha!

No.

(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  FYI Consensus doesn't mean its right! Otherwise the Christians would win by a landslide.

Evidence is our best indicator. You already know this.

(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Ramifications and extrapolations, but does it make sense? And what evidence is there to support it? Having just one thing IE Red shift (which its own relationship to the 'big bang' is generally questioned) for which to base your theory off of is just as bad as basing your belief in a god because of the bible.

Wow, that's a nice strawman you have there. It would be a shame if other people didn't fall for it...

(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  And then there's the cosmic microwave background, I mean seriously, not even going to try and study alternatives. Just jump right on that big bang bandwagon. A lot of science today is actually confirmation bias. CMB everyone must be the big bang! No other explanation will be accepted or viewed upon without bias!

Aw, look at you, trying to be all contrarian and shit. Too bad you're not at all clever.

0/10 - Try harder dipshit.

[Image: bbc.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2017, 06:48 AM
(10-03-2017 06:46 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Oh I am going to presume that you are like me, and that I am like every other human on this planet. We're nothing special, and we're both subject to the same propaganda and mostly the same outside influences, or at least we are subject to outside influences which have a similar effect on our way of thinking.

So in my presumption that you are a human being, you are already in error, as am I. I know that there are things which I believe which are not true, I just do not know which things they are, but that does not stop me from trying to rectify that judgment and learn what is and what is not true. You stopped believing in a god, a thing which is likely not true, congratulations... you aren't done yet and you and I will NEVER be done.

What does any of this obfuscation have to do with my question?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
10-03-2017, 06:49 AM
(10-03-2017 06:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Oh please, as if the big bang 'theory' is anything more than a hypothesis.

Hahahahahahahaha!

No.

(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  FYI Consensus doesn't mean its right! Otherwise the Christians would win by a landslide.

Evidence is our best indicator. You already know this.

(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Ramifications and extrapolations, but does it make sense? And what evidence is there to support it? Having just one thing IE Red shift (which its own relationship to the 'big bang' is generally questioned) for which to base your theory off of is just as bad as basing your belief in a god because of the bible.

Wow, that's a nice strawman you have there. It would be a shame if other people didn't fall for it...

(10-03-2017 05:40 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  And then there's the cosmic microwave background, I mean seriously, not even going to try and study alternatives. Just jump right on that big bang bandwagon. A lot of science today is actually confirmation bias. CMB everyone must be the big bang! No other explanation will be accepted or viewed upon without bias!

Aw, look at you, trying to be all contrarian and shit. Too bad you're not at all clever.

0/10 - Try harder dipshit.

[Image: bbc.jpg]

Bigger bait? Didn't you respond to it? Admittedly your response wasn't in any intelligible manner, but it still garnered a response from you. So obviously it touched a nerve somewhere.
10-03-2017, 06:50 AM
CW is like a fart in a crowded lift.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-03-2017, 07:04 AM
(10-03-2017 06:48 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  What does any of this obfuscation have to do with my question?

What is your question if not an instrument in which to stroke your own ego?