Why do comment sections degenerate into irrelevant political mudslinging ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Why do comment sections degenerate into irrelevant political mudslinging ?
(26-06-2015 10:19 PM)The Drake Wrote:  What's the first thing you see in this picture ?

The pool. Tongue

As to why things go off topic? I have no idea. I was talking to my nephew about Australian rules football the other day....

[Image: 2732025710_5cc5365a0b_b.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2015, 10:25 PM
(26-06-2015 09:47 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 09:41 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I see what you're doing. Let's not. I want to know why people derail threads about cute puppies.

Maybe they were denied cute puppies as a child, and as a result they lash out at the sight of them now.

You kill me...And yet, there may be some truth to that.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
[+] 2 users Like The Drake's post
26-06-2015, 10:27 PM
(26-06-2015 10:16 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I get the irony. It's not just YOUTUBE though. It's every article. EVERY ARTICLE. EVERY VIDEO. Almost everything that has a comment section.

Don't get me wrong. I think all comments should remain anonymous and I don't think any should be banned. I'm just wondering WHY some people are so obsessed with politics that they have to leave a political comment on a video about cute puppies !!!

because comment sections are ephemeral by nature. You post something, probably something inciting in hopes of garnering some sort of reaction, and then you leave and move on to a new audience on another video or article. Rinse and repeat.
Forums, on the other hand, are usually where people go when they want to join a community, and have real, ongoing discussions. Of course, there are outliers. Some people just like to troll, no matter where they are.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
26-06-2015, 10:34 PM
(26-06-2015 10:27 PM)cactus Wrote:  because comment sections are ephemeral by nature. You post something, probably something inciting in hopes of garnering some sort of reaction, and then you leave and move onto a new audience on another video or article. Rinse and repeat.
Forums, on the other hand, are usually where people go when they want to join a community, and have real, ongoing discussions. Of course, there are outliers. Some people just like to troll, no matter where they are.

I think it is simply out of one's control. Conversations can and do take strange and sometimes interesting turns. People interpret things differently as well. You may not get the answer you desire or even understand, but to another it makes sense.

It should be obvious with this being an atheist forum and we see religious nutters everyday bending over backwards to justify their inane and often evil beliefs.

[Image: pope-sunday.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
26-06-2015, 10:48 PM
(26-06-2015 10:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 10:19 PM)The Drake Wrote:  What's the first thing you see in this picture ?

The pool. Tongue

As to why things go off topic? I have no idea. I was talking to my nephew about Australian rules football the other day....

I saw the girl first...then the dog (hope everything came out OK). And now you're mentioning Aussie FB. Topics that have nothing to do with this thread...but we're talking about them. I guess my question is more about people taking ANY subject, and making it political. That is annoying.

26-06-2015, 11:04 PM
(26-06-2015 10:48 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 10:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  The pool. Tongue

I saw the girl first...then the dog (hope everything came out OK). And now you're mentioning Aussie FB. Topics that have nothing to do with this thread...but we're talking about them. I guess my question is more about people taking ANY subject, and making it political. That is annoying.

My post above is on topic. But I think the rest of my comments are as well. As I said, we cannot control what happens. Look at the 9/11 thread as an example. Some idiot going on about conspiracies, others asking for proof, avoids the question of proof and carries on.

By the way, did you hear the one about the advertisement for an oboe player? No? Nobody else did either.

Smile

Banjo.
26-06-2015, 11:07 PM
(26-06-2015 10:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 10:27 PM)cactus Wrote:  because comment sections are ephemeral by nature. You post something, probably something inciting in hopes of garnering some sort of reaction, and then you leave and move onto a new audience on another video or article. Rinse and repeat.

I understand. I think most of us want to see a reaction from "The Other Side". I'll readily admit that I like to see the chaos it creates...and hope that someone will respond...Wait...am I getting a lecture ?

I think it is simply out of one's control. Conversations can and do take strange and sometimes interesting turns. People interpret things differently as well. You may not get the answer you desire or even understand, but to another it makes sense.

It should be obvious with this being an atheist forum and we see religious nutters everyday bending over backwards to justify their inane and often evil beliefs.

26-06-2015, 11:11 PM
(26-06-2015 10:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Jesus turtle

26-06-2015, 11:14 PM
[Image: 587827-ned-kelly-graphic.jpg]

Banjo.
26-06-2015, 11:16 PM
(26-06-2015 11:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 10:48 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I saw the girl first...then the dog (hope everything came out OK). And now you're mentioning Aussie FB. Topics that have nothing to do with this thread...but we're talking about them. I guess my question is more about people taking ANY subject, and making it political. That is annoying.

My post above is on topic. But I think the rest of my comments are as well. As I said, we cannot control what happens. Look at the 9/11 thread as an example. Some idiot going on about conspiracies, others asking for proof, avoids the question of proof and carries on.

By the way, did you hear the one about the advertisement for an oboe player? No? Nobody else did either.

Smile

Sorry. I answered the one about the Oboe player. I start tomorrow.