Why do forums exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: Why do forums exist?
Ah and I feel the need to clarify why I put your name beside political.
I was more referencing your desires to discuss things army related even when coated with philosophy all I see is politics. It's tricky I'll give you that.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Go to the Philosophy and Politics Forums and count how many threads I started over military matters during my presence at TTA, as compared to the total Philosophical and Ethical threads.
Q.E.D. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
01-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Thing is you can call a monkey a horse but it does not make it so.
You always seem to have an agenda an that reeks I politics to me.
Let's agree to disagree.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2012, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 10:50 AM by Zat.)
(01-03-2012 10:43 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You always seem to have an agenda an that reeks I politics to me.
Let's agree to disagree.

Yes, I always have an agenda: discovering and telling the truth the clearest and most honest way I am capable of.

Agreeing to disagree with you is perfectly acceptable to me.

I just noticed your new Avatar: the mask is finally off the evil clown? Big Grin
01-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm not clear on this anymore. I wish I knew the answer to this. I have been confused by this for awhile. I hope people can be wiser and learn something from a forum. If all it is , is fighting over what you think and wont listen to reason why be on a forum. Then all you are is a troll. That should make the moderators remove you from the site. I haven't seen that here yet.
[+] 3 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
01-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Zat, if I may, shouldn't the correct plural be Fora?

(I sure hope Stark sees this question. Big Grin)

[Image: scarjo_popcorn.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-03-2012, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 12:29 PM by Zat.)
Since the original title of the thread “Why do forums exist” was invoked, I would like to answer a different question: “What could forums be good for”?

The obvious answers, many have already offered was: community, sharing, learning, etc.

These are all very good and legitimate reasons.

However, there are other potential reasons we can think of.

The Internet is a powerful tool for social change and dissemination of information. Only those who are not concerned with the fate of the human species, the direction it is going and the massive, unspeakable injustice affecting the lives of billions on this planet, can be indifferent to this opportunity and potential goal.

Yes, I confess, in this sense I do have an agenda.

My agenda is to help people think outside the box that the mainstream media have locked them in and realize that there are sources of information, not yet silenced, that they can tap into and consider every issue from more than one angle – the angle of their rulers and exploiters.

It is not my future, which is almost over, that I am worried about – it is yours and your children and grandchildren that are facing a possibly very bleak future.

I am not very optimistic about accomplishing anything here, but I have nothing to lose, I might as well do the best I can.

Open, HONEST, clear and logical communication between human beings is the main key for any hope for the planet and the species.

I am sure I will have several of you sneer at this post, regardless how sincere, clear and logical I attempted to be.

Others may actually believe that I am neither a fool, nor a liar, enjoying some kind of perverse pleasure out of confrontation.

As Marilyn Monroe said when she was accused of wearing falsies: “those who know me better -- know better”. Smile

One can only hope.
01-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Unless those 'few' who control the worlds wealth are eradicated I don't see the future looking any more positive as they also control the media (although you'd probably have others step up to the plate anyway). They are the manipulators and will do anything to retain their hold on the world and its people for their own means.
Sad but, I think, true Sad

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
01-03-2012, 07:19 PM
(29-02-2012 07:30 PM)Zat Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 07:28 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  My zeros are worth more than your ones because I can divide by zero.

That will turn you into an infinite.

An infinite what -- I wonder? TongueBig Grin

How about infinite number of possibilities? You never know what I will do next, or what i'm capable of!

(29-02-2012 07:30 PM)Zat Wrote:  PS. I will just settle to be THE ONE! Wink
You are just ONE of THE ONE's in an ocean of ONE's, but I digress. Big Grin

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
01-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Oh dear! Rolleyes