Why do males have nipples ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Why do males have nipples ?
What do creationists say about why males having nipples? Was this unnecessary part of the male form part of God's design or did he make an oops? The fact that embryos follow a 'female template' and the Y chromosome brings about the change in males seems to scream EVOLUTION !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2011, 08:00 AM
RE: Why do males have nipples ?
Well, see, Adam originally had them just for decoration, so when Eve was cloned off him, she had them by default. God figured, what the hay, give those cute little buttons a function: milk-production for her; a ring-anchor and control-device for him.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 4 users Like Peterkin's post
31-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Nipples are all of god's great plan... after all, we wouldn't have purple nurples otherwise...

I mean just imagine a world without for a second...

Terrifying I know...

Thankfully God is always one step ahead!

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
31-08-2011, 10:23 AM
. . . .

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

31-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Here is a creationist explanation:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...ve-nipples

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2011, 11:11 AM
(31-08-2011 10:54 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Here is a creationist explanation:

Outstanding. Exactly what I would have expected. She starts out by implying how silly evolutionary theory is but the "man in the sky" idea seems completely rational. Then throws in the only thing that really matters which is Science. And of course ends with see, that proves God wanted nipples.
31-08-2011, 11:46 AM
I brought this up in an argument I should have walked away from 5 minutes in.

The creationist side step remark was, " For my wife to play with".

I heard, "I don't fucking know".

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post
31-08-2011, 04:05 PM
(31-08-2011 10:54 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Here is a creationist explanation:

Pure hogwash. Evolutionists do not claim that male nipples are vestigial organs. They think that about the appendix, the coccyx, and roughly 80 other things in the human body but male nipples do not make the list. I think (but am not 100% sure of this) the evolutionary explanation for male nipples has to do with human embryology. I believer our "default" sex is female and the one chromosome from dad makes us male. But, we start with female sex organs and kind of go from there.

Tell me theophilus, do you ever take the time to actually study science and try to learn what it is you object to? You are relying on sites that are just giving you wrong scientific explanations. Do you ever wonder why that is?

How do you explain 80+ examples of human vestigiality with creationism? Don't you even wonder about that?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
31-08-2011, 09:14 PM
The funniest thing about the article was the original question, where the poor mom, whose son is "struggling with the 'fiery darts' thrown at him in public school," doesn't know how to answer the nipple question except to say that men were created in the image of God.

So now we can add one more to the list of God's attributes: omniscient, omnipotent, morally perfect, has nipples.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
10-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Frat party titty twisters.

Every time you say you don't believe, Jesus rips the wings off a fairy. - SkepticalParenting.com