Why do people believe the fake science of microwaves being bad for you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Why do people believe the fake science of microwaves being bad for you
(17-11-2013 07:12 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I am seriously going to quit facebook If I have to see people post this bs.

http://foodbabe.com/2012/07/30/why-its-t...microwave/

And don't get me started on GMOs.

Same reason people don't vaccinate their kids. Unfounded fear/ignorance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 03:48 PM
(17-11-2013 08:47 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Holy fuck.

Well, I guess nobody better tell them that all point-to-point wireless communication uses microwave bands. And just a couple things they might use themselves. Like, all wi-fi and cell networks.

Oh don't worry, they're already on to those dangerous wifi signals Laughat
http://www.emfields.org/news/20130521-wi...banned.asp

I say ftw and stick my face right up to the glass to watch my dinner cook hehe why else is there a window there! Lola

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
17-11-2013, 03:57 PM
(17-11-2013 03:47 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 07:12 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I am seriously going to quit facebook If I have to see people post this bs.

http://foodbabe.com/2012/07/30/why-its-t...microwave/

And don't get me started on GMOs.

Same reason people don't vaccinate their kids. Exploitation of fear/ignorance by those with an agenda.

Fixt Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-11-2013, 04:08 PM
(17-11-2013 03:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 03:47 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Same reason people don't vaccinate their kids. Exploitation of fear/ignorance by those with an agenda.

Fixt Drinking Beverage

I agree. But why? What would anyone have to gain from spending time spreading this kind of misinformation? What is the agenda?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-11-2013, 04:13 PM
(17-11-2013 04:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 03:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fixt Drinking Beverage

I agree. But why? What would anyone have to gain from spending time spreading this kind of misinformation? What is the agenda?

Didn't someone pay Andrew Wakefield to fudge his test results? Who was that?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
17-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I'd bet it had to do with parents wanting an answer for why they have to suffer the heartache of raising a child with autism. Wanting someone to blame, not matter how irrational?

17-11-2013, 04:22 PM
(17-11-2013 04:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 03:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fixt Drinking Beverage

Money. Fame. Just look at the originator of the anti-vax movement despite him having been disbarred he makes tons of money (more than he would ever have as just a doctor) writing books and giving speeches all claiming that "Big Pharmacy" is behind everything from weight gain to autism. When you trace it back there is always a sales pitch included at the end of the theory. Homeopathy, crystals, a new "Ultra Diet" book. Always a sales pitch and again and again we see There's a sucker born every minute.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-11-2013, 06:12 PM
(17-11-2013 04:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 04:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I agree. But why? What would anyone have to gain from spending time spreading this kind of misinformation? What is the agenda?

Money. Fame. Just look at the originator of the anti-vax movement despite him having been disbarred he makes tons of money (more than he would ever have as just a doctor) writing books and giving speeches all claiming that "Big Pharmacy" is behind everything from weight gain to autism. When you trace it back there is always a sales pitch included at the end of the theory. Homeopathy, crystals, a new "Ultra Diet" book. Always a sales pitch and again and again we see There's a sucker born every minute.

True dat

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Easy question with an easy answer. Its a conspiracy!
They don't trust science or the people who fund the research and the results of the research.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
22-11-2013, 10:21 PM
I recently heard a woman say "This is completely true. My baby daughter used to cry all the time. Then our nanny stopped warming her bottles up in the microwave and, just like that, she stopped crying. That was all the proof I needed."

My nose is still bruised from the face-palm, but the bandage and gauze are gone now, so, that's good.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post