Why do people believe the fake science of microwaves being bad for you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Why do people believe the fake science of microwaves being bad for you
(22-11-2013 10:21 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I recently heard a woman say "This is completely true. My baby daughter used to cry all the time. Then our nanny stopped warming her bottles up in the microwave and, just like that, she stopped crying. That was all the proof I needed."

My nose is still bruised from the face-palm, but the bandage and gauze are gone now, so, that's good.
you must aim higher!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
22-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Fundamental scientific ignorance will be the downfall of our society.

Makes me wish I had lower moral standards. Scamming idiots is a huge market. More power to the people with few enough scruples to exploit it.

"Microwaves r EVOL. I know cuz SCIENCE. You can believe me, I'm a quantum scientician. Anyone says otherwise it's the Man trying to lie to you."

Yep. I could clean up in that market.

Weeping

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
22-11-2013, 11:35 PM
(22-11-2013 10:30 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 10:21 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I recently heard a woman say "This is completely true. My baby daughter used to cry all the time. Then our nanny stopped warming her bottles up in the microwave and, just like that, she stopped crying. That was all the proof I needed."

My nose is still bruised from the face-palm, but the bandage and gauze are gone now, so, that's good.
you must aim higher!

Yea I know it's called facepalm, but it should be more like forehead palm. Try not to break your nose next time Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
22-11-2013, 11:54 PM
That 3rd one is lame; just don't heat your food in the wrapper or plastic - use a fucking glass or ceramic dish. How hard is that to figure out?

As for radiation... got news for all those people who splurged on those totally gorgeous, trendy granite countertops ... oh yea... Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-11-2013, 04:30 AM
(22-11-2013 11:54 PM)kim Wrote:  That 3rd one is lame; just don't heat your food in the wrapper or plastic - use a fucking glass or ceramic dish. How hard is that to figure out?

As for radiation... got news for all those people who splurged on those totally gorgeous, trendy granite countertops ... oh yea... Drinking Beverage

Yabut, it's natural.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-11-2013, 06:11 AM
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that people are quite busy. They hear that something has been found to be harmful and they don't necessarily have the time to do the homework on every claim. Combine that with a cynical view of corporate greed and indifference to the public good topped with a big scoop of sensationalist news media and you have a ripe environment for conspiracy theories.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
24-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Originally, Microwave Ovens were known as "Radar Ranges".

Now...I figure anything developed to kill soldiers (i.e., Radar) could not possibly be good for the children. Think of the children!

[Image: 1968-amana-radar-range.jpg]
25-11-2013, 07:38 AM
I believe they changed it from "radarrange" to "microwave" bacause radarange was just too confusing for some people.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost