Why do people hate athesits do much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Why do people hate athesits do much?
Polls say that people do not trust atheists. One poll suggests that atheists are the most despised and most distrusted minority.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistbigot...sHated.htm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Why do people hate athesits do much?
(22-06-2013 09:56 PM)theword Wrote:  Polls say that people do not trust atheists. One poll suggests that atheists are the most despised and most distrusted minority.

You're like that white guy in the sixties, goes to the black part of town just to call everybody a nigger...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 19 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-06-2013, 10:03 PM
(22-06-2013 10:01 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-06-2013 09:56 PM)theword Wrote:  Polls say that people do not trust atheists. One poll suggests that atheists are the most despised and most distrusted minority.

You're like that white guy in the sixties, goes to the black part of town just to call everybody a nigger...

Perfection HoC! Bowing

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-06-2013, 10:07 PM
[attachment=1443]

We call 'em like we see 'em.

Its interesting that most religious people preach love but don't practice it as you point out.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. - Mahatma Gandhi

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-06-2013, 10:08 PM
I think that atheists are definitely misunderstood by people, and that can often lead to hatred. I've been told I'm an atheist out of rebellion, out of a superiority complex, etc., when really, religion just isn't my cup of tea. I don't care what other people worship, be it Jesus or Muhammad or Satan or me (which would be so cool).

I think these generalizations placed on atheists can make it easier to digest what is essentially a rejection of the most popular fairy tale on Earth.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
[+] 2 users Like jkshrout's post
22-06-2013, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 12:12 AM by Bucky Ball.)

Not *people*.
Americans, dummy.
Americans only trust people to do the right thing if mommy or Big Daddy is watching, because that's how THEY think and do things.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...e-distrust
It's called "discrimination".

Do YOU only do the right thing if someone is watching, Wordy ?

So you actually think American trust priest/pedophiles more ? Or militant Mislims ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discriminat...t_atheists
You are just full of jokes today.

Everyone used to hate Christians. Did that stop them ?

Stick to the Walking Seashells. Tongue

Actually I think this kid is an atheist-in-the-making.
Slowly, in the last few weeks, he's run through/down all the arguments he's heard, or has himself.
He knows he doesn't really believe any more, and is using us as sounding boards, sort of arguing it out with himself.
A bit immature, but, that's life. There's something "not so stridently mean" about his stuff, (as opposed to those who should know better, ..like Egor or his evil son David).
My intuition is almost never wrong. Time will tell. I think he's just afraid of what he's becoming.
Kind of like Mother Teresa. She was a secret atheist for years. She said ""That which I see within myself, I dare not name".
Prolly just a confused kid out in the middle of the Bible Belt with nothing but fundies all around. THAT would be a scary place to be.
He's not preaching. Just repeating all the bs he's been fed, to see what we will do with it.

18 hours here ?
Nah.
Just too weird. Somethings up.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-06-2013, 10:20 PM
(22-06-2013 10:01 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

That's right...this guy is a Troll.
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
22-06-2013, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2013 10:45 PM by ShirubaDangan.)

At one point, a large amount of American's despised Women having equal rights and the same with African Americans. Does that mean it is right?

Atheists are simply misunderstood like those with a different sexual orientation then the norm. Muslims are hated as well and they have a belief in God but with the horrific terrorist attacks that people link with Islam it has hurt their community as well. It usually is a multitude of reasons why people dislike or mistrust those who are different. Although I believe despite any period in our history we will always find someone to hate. Next it might be newborn babies or dolphins but the usual reason why is because a strong lack of understanding of those people who are different.

Of course I believe the video above to be a bit extreme but I agree with it in the beginning.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
23-06-2013, 05:42 AM
In a further study (that hasn't been completed yet), americans were asked
"Which group would you want someone to call when you are extremely sick and in pain, but not dying" ?

"Doctors" 89%
"Veterinarian" 05%
"Athletic Guy at the gym" 03%
"Scuba instructor" 02%
"Priests" 01%

If you had your choice of what kind of Doctor you would like to have handle your medical needs, which would you pick ?

A doctor who understands biology and medicine
A witch doctor
A doctor who only uses religious remedies found in the bible.
A priest who believes he is a doctor with healing hands.

Why do people hate Priests so much ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
23-06-2013, 06:07 AM
The reason is: spelling.
[+] 4 users Like devilsadvoc8's post