Why do people hate athesits do much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2013, 08:22 AM
RE: Why do people hate athesits do much?
(25-06-2013 08:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 07:44 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No response for me? Drinking Beverage

You're a poopyhead. There ya go. A response. Big Grin

Checkmate poopyheads. Ohmy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-06-2013, 08:53 AM
(22-06-2013 09:56 PM)theword Wrote:  Polls say that people do not trust atheists. One poll suggests that atheists are the most despised and most distrusted minority.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistbigot...sHated.htm

And that proves absolutely nothing about whether atheists are trustworthy or not. Public opinion does not always reflect reality. Why would it? Drinking Beverage

(And that doesn't even account for how unreliable and bullshit those "polls" probably are)

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes MrAttacus's post
25-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Also: Atheism has nothing to prove because it hasn't claimed anything. It is as simple as that.

But of course, nothing any of us say will ever get through to you will it?

Because you already think you've won. You think you don't need to prove anything because your beliefs are just so obviously true.

You're smug and confident because you think you already know we are all going to be tortured to death over and over forever after we die for not seeing what's so obvious to you.

You're so certain because you feel like god is right there next to you like a good buddy. You are so sure because you think that you're only sane and safe just as long as you keep making sweet love to Jesus.

You'll show us when we've died, won't you? Then we'll all see just how right you were, while you're in heaven laughing it up with everyone you love that died. Isn't that right?

Guess what? You don't know shit.

You're deluded and you're never going to heaven, you'll never see your loved ones again, no one is going to hell, there will be no justice for the people you don't like, you'll always have doubt and never be certain; that's why you so desperately have to reinforce your beliefs over and over.

Because they are just that fucking ridiculous and pathetic.

Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
25-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Atticus, who the fuck are you arguing with? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
25-06-2013, 09:13 AM
(25-06-2013 09:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Atticus, who the fuck are you arguing with? Tongue

TheTroll...I mean, TheWord...who never responds anyway. Laugh out load

25-06-2013, 09:57 AM
(25-06-2013 09:13 AM)MrAttacus Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 09:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Atticus, who the fuck are you arguing with? Tongue

TheTroll...I mean, TheWord...who never responds anyway. Laugh out load

Why, that's irrational. Big Grin

I was thinking if instead you were making generalized arguments for the studio audience, using the pronoun "one" would be preferable to the specific "you." Undecided

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-06-2013, 10:44 AM
(25-06-2013 09:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 09:13 AM)MrAttacus Wrote:  TheTroll...I mean, TheWord...who never responds anyway. Laugh out load

Why, that's irrational. Big Grin

Well, as the saying goes: "Fight fire with fire..." Wink

houseofcantor Wrote:I was thinking if instead you were making generalized arguments for the studio audience, using the pronoun "one" would be preferable to the specific "you." Undecided

Good thing I wasn't then Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes MrAttacus's post
25-06-2013, 01:40 PM
(22-06-2013 09:56 PM)theword Wrote:  Polls say that people do not trust atheists. One poll suggests that atheists are the most despised and most distrusted minority.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistbigot...sHated.htm

What kind of poll about despised and distrusted minorities doesn't even include trolls in the poll choices...

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Reltizik:

"Well, several causes.", etc.

Love the post! But I wonder how effective it will be! After all, you've thought about and taken time to explain your argument. And you've used multi syllable words! This can be a challenge for the "Rationally Impaired". So, I suggest that you start calling them names! They love that! It makes them feel you are as dumb as they are! They will respond! . . .

Damn! The devil stepped in an made me start causing trouble again! . . . The light grows dim . . . I slip back into my hole . . . I gotta go! Gotta play a Led Zeppelin album backwards!
26-06-2013, 02:38 PM
What's the word around these parts? No word? Not surprising... Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley