Why do people hate athesits do much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: Why do people hate athesits do much?
(23-06-2013 07:50 AM)theword Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 07:41 AM)cjs Wrote:  Are you kidding me?You still think atheism needs proof? It is a lack of belief, nothing more. Take a course in Logic 101. The burden of proof is not on atheists. How many times are we going to have to point this out to the latest theist troll who comes on our board to insult and convert us (which by the way does not work)?
How many times are you going to post without reading the previous posts or at least putting it in context?
Here is what I responded to: "People hate atheists because they make sense and because atheism pulls the rug out from under their whole belief system and the way their lives are lived."

What rug? How is atheist pulling the rug out. This is a claim by you- the moronic atheist. You have no basis... nothing. So, yes, you made a claim, now back it up...

I did read the entire thread and do not appreciate being called a moron. You're a rude, condescending, insulting jerk, but somehow that's ok with Jebus? You do not make anyone want to listen to you, and you certainly are not selling Christianity.

Godless in the Magnolia State
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like cjs's post
23-06-2013, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 08:10 AM by Full Circle.)
(22-06-2013 10:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-06-2013 09:56 PM)theword Wrote:  Polls say that people do not trust atheists. One poll suggests that atheists are the most despised and most distrusted minority.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistbigot...sHated.htm

Not *people*.
Americans, dummy.
Americans only trust people to do the right thing if mommy or Big Daddy is watching, because that's how THEY think and do things.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...e-distrust
It's called "discrimination".

Do YOU only do the right thing if someone is watching, Wordy ?

So you actually think American trust priest/pedophiles more ? Or militant Mislims ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discriminat...t_atheists
You are just full of jokes today.

Everyone used to hate Christians. Did that stop them ?

Stick to the Walking Seashells. Tongue

Actually I think this kid is an atheist-in-the-making.
Slowly, in the last few weeks, he's run through/down all the arguments he's heard, or has himself.
He knows he doesn't really believe any more, and is using us as sounding boards, sort of arguing it out with himself.
A bit immature, but, that's life. There's something "not so stridently mean" about his stuff, (as opposed to those who should know better, ..like Egor or his evil son David).
My intuition is almost never wrong. Time will tell. I think he's just afraid of what he's becoming.
Kind of like Mother Teresa. She was a secret atheist for years. She said ""That which I see within myself, I dare not name".
Prolly just a confused kid out in the middle of the Bible Belt with nothing but fundies all around. THAT would be a scary place to be.
He's not preaching. Just repeating all the bs he's been fed, to see what we will do with it.

18 hours here ?
Nah.
Just too weird. Somethings up.

You're probably right Bucky. People get really aggressive and confrontational as their whole belief system crumbles around them just like theword's is right now. The closer to home it hits the more he'll denounce and attack the messenger.

The funny thing is that he won't go away because deep down he wants to be just like us, free of religious baggage. He certainly isn't here trying to convert anyone with his posts, they're too simple and belligerent.

Detoxification/deconversion has it's process. Welcome to atheism EXword!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-06-2013, 08:06 AM
(23-06-2013 08:00 AM)theword Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 07:56 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  [Image: 5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg]
What is the difference between me getting on the internet and slamming atheists and you getting on the internet and slamming Christians?
It's called hypocrisy and atheists are hypocrites.

I don't go to Christian forums and slam Christians.

That's the difference.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 9 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
23-06-2013, 08:11 AM
What Tartarus said.

23-06-2013, 08:16 AM
(23-06-2013 07:58 AM)theword Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 07:53 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Why do you not answer my question? If you hate atheists and science so much why did you buy a computer and get the internet? Do you not know it was invented by a gay atheist?
Because it's a stupid question(s).

Ahh so no answer then. Probably never thought of all the things in your life that were invented by atheists, that you claim to hate. Once you get over this self-hatred and move on from your indoctrination I suggest the NOVA series for some basic science and wonder at the natural world, you'll find it is infinitely better than the bronze age fairy tales you had shoved down your throat.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-06-2013, 08:20 AM
(23-06-2013 07:09 AM)theword Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 06:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  People hate atheists because they make sense and because atheism pulls the rug out from under their whole belief system and the way their lives are lived.

Who wants to know that their life is built on a lie? No one.
Are you kidding me? Atheism has no proof what so ever. Atheists have no leg to stand on. Believe me, the last thing that Christianity has to be concerned with is atheism.

So, why are you here? Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-06-2013, 08:27 AM
(23-06-2013 08:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 08:00 AM)theword Wrote:  What is the difference between me getting on the internet and slamming atheists and you getting on the internet and slamming Christians?

Some dude named Jebus tole ya "Judge not, lest ye be judged".
Do you ever plan on doing what he said, or studying your Babble,
WordWhoCouldNotFigureOutHowSeaShellsWalkedUpTheMountain ?
It's Sunday morning. Why are you not in church ? YOU wouldn't be a hypocrite now would you ?
Fine, then judge me....
There are seashells on mountaintops....
There are other services besides Sunday AM

have you ever thought of stand up comedy?
23-06-2013, 08:30 AM
(23-06-2013 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 07:09 AM)theword Wrote:  Are you kidding me? Atheism has no proof what so ever. Atheists have no leg to stand on. Believe me, the last thing that Christianity has to be concerned with is atheism.

So, why are you here? Dodgy
Comic entertainment
23-06-2013, 08:38 AM
(23-06-2013 08:00 AM)theword Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 07:56 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  [Image: 5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg]
What is the difference between me getting on the internet and slamming atheists and you getting on the internet and slamming Christians?

You clearly do not know the definition of that word.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-06-2013, 08:38 AM
He isn't here to teach us spelling since I don't even know what an "athesit" is.