Why do people hate athesits do much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 08:39 AM
RE: Why do people hate athesits do much?
(23-06-2013 08:27 AM)theword Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 08:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Some dude named Jebus tole ya "Judge not, lest ye be judged".
Do you ever plan on doing what he said, or studying your Babble,
WordWhoCouldNotFigureOutHowSeaShellsWalkedUpTheMountain ?
It's Sunday morning. Why are you not in church ? YOU wouldn't be a hypocrite now would you ?
Fine, then judge me....
There are seashells on mountaintops....
There are other services besides Sunday AM

have you ever thought of stand up comedy?

Yes, there are seashells on mountaintops. If you learned some geology you would understand why.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 09:11 AM
(23-06-2013 08:30 AM)theword Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So, why are you here? Dodgy
Comic entertainment

Try being funny or at least fun.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-06-2013, 09:32 AM
(23-06-2013 08:38 AM)cjs Wrote:  He isn't here to teach us spelling since I don't even know what an "athesit" is.

[attachment=1444]

Maybe spelling is no longer required at Creationist divinity school?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
23-06-2013, 09:39 AM
(23-06-2013 08:30 AM)theword Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So, why are you here? Dodgy
Comic entertainment
Nah, I see it as you trying to satisfy your sadist needs. You're upset at not getting satisfaction out of it like you wanted.

Very lather rinse repeat of you. Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
23-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Study: Atheists distrusted as much as rapists

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/reli...51777612/1

And you wonder why nobody listens to you people.
23-06-2013, 11:56 AM
(23-06-2013 11:46 AM)theword Wrote:  Study: Atheists distrusted as much as rapists

You're funny in an idiotic, trolling way.

How is that seashells on the mountain tops research going for you? Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-06-2013, 12:03 PM
(23-06-2013 11:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 11:46 AM)theword Wrote:  Study: Atheists distrusted as much as rapists

You're funny in an idiotic, trolling way.

How is that seashells on the mountain tops research going for you? Drinking Beverage

I liked that article, "This amazing study of 2 sports bars worth of people asked an idiotic question with 3 answers that don't make any sense." Checkmate Atheist! Had you replaced Atheist with any other moniker that would have lost as well just due to the question being so idiotic and a lack of real choices. So far thelie has linked 1 article that states that the prejudice is based off of vague social fears and not reality and a study that is so fundamentally flawed as to be statistically useless.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-06-2013, 12:04 PM
theword Wrote:Study: Atheists distrusted as much as rapists

Yes, atheists are distrusted because most of the people taking the poll are ignorant of what atheism is and who atheists are, very much like you. They think of atheists as the monsters that Fox News conjures up, or the kind of people they read about in fictional stories shared in Christian Facebook groups - the kind who are trying to destroy Christmas, who single out Christians at university and mock them... the kind who are fabrications created by Christians who are afraid of the threat free thinking poses to their religion.

People don't trust Sikhs either, because they wear turbans that, as most Americans "know", are a symbol of jihadi Muslims.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 2 users Like Elesjei's post
23-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Well I might tell thewordless that if that same survey was taken where I live (the San Francisco Bay Area) the results would be very much different. Because most of the country has been brainwashed for many decades and responds thus when querried means absofuckinglutly nothing.

There is also a difference between knowledge and trust. In much of the country the unthinking don't realize that a person they know and trust is in fact an atheist but is afraid to make that known.

As someone pointed out above and as something I learned many years ago the specifics of surveys can guide the results. In the abstract people can be afraid of what they are taught to be afraid of. In the specific results can be much different.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
23-06-2013, 12:40 PM
(23-06-2013 12:06 PM)JAH Wrote:  Well I might tell thewordless that if that same survey was taken where I live (the San Francisco Bay Area) the results would be very much different. Because most of the country has been brainwashed for many decades and responds thus when querried means absofuckinglutly nothing.

There is also a difference between knowledge and trust. In much of the country the unthinking don't realize that a person they know and trust is in fact an atheist but is afraid to make that known.

As someone pointed out above and as something I learned many years ago the specifics of surveys can guide the results. In the abstract people can be afraid of what they are taught to be afraid of. In the specific results can be much different.
Of course the results would be different. How many homosexual atheists are in San Fran? A rapist/atheist would probably be applauded in that poll.