Why do people hate athesits do much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: Why do people hate athesits do much?
(23-06-2013 12:04 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  People don't trust Sikhs either, because they wear turbans that, as most Americans "know", are a symbol of jihadi Muslims.

I know and I love Sikhs! They are so kind and accepting; they don't give a hoot about what anyone believes and they certainly don't care that anyone doesn't believe something. Lack of faith has nothing to do with having a faith - the concept is an individual part of the self. Sikhs know this as much as atheists know this.

I'd rather sit for 10 hours in a cramped bus full of random Sikhs, than have to endure a single hour out in the open with a few of the christee fundamentalists that I'm actually acquainted with.

Not to generalize but Wordy's behavior only informs everyone that the average fundamentalist christees' self-righteous indignation alone, is enough to make them as a group or even individually, simply loathsome to be around.

Maybe there should be a study of "why people hate christees" so much. I'll bet what they say about each other might be an eye opener... at least for them. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
23-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Actually quite a few homosexuals are theist. I would suspect as in the general population more so than atheist.

It is exemplar of how you have been brainwashed that you easily equate sexual orientation with rape.
23-06-2013, 12:51 PM
(23-06-2013 12:40 PM)theword Wrote:  Of course the results would be different. How many homosexual atheists are in San Fran? A rapist/atheist would probably be applauded in that poll.

Gee, I wonder why the word cunt is coming to mind. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Re: Why do people hate athesits do much?
I got quite the chuckle out of the "seashells on mountaintops" bit.

Atheists criticise the bible and the religious discrimination/bigotry/anti-intellectualism going on in the world today. People don't like to be criticised. They would probably agree with most all of the criticisms but since somewhere along the way the term "christian" became so inclusive that the denominations within were glossed over. Giving a reactionary public that is too lazy to look at the argument from all sides, a reason to side with fundamentalists and evangelicals.

Hell, they almost elected a Mormon because he just called himself a Christian. How many would have laughed at him to his face to hear him explain his magic underwear? Atheists go ahead and laugh, but we don't discriminate. So we laugh at the catholics who drink blood and cannibalize Christ, the evangelicals who "speak in tongues", and the moderate christian who worships the bronze age equivalent of superman.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 8 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
23-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Double post

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
23-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Why do they always leave after I reply? Frusty

—Thomas Henry Huxley
23-06-2013, 01:15 PM
(23-06-2013 01:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Why do they always leave after I reply? Frusty

This one keeps coming back. He has been demolished in an evolution thread mocked in a couple others, after we have all had a good laugh at him and forgotten this unthinking troll, he will sneak back and start another illogical thread in this nature.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-06-2013, 01:18 PM
(23-06-2013 12:04 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  People don't trust Sikhs either, because they wear turbans that, as most Americans "know", are a symbol of jihadi Muslims.

I know, how sad is that? There is a Sikh running a small country store near here, and the poor guy just can't get it off the ground because people think he is a muslim.

I feel bad for him, he is the nicest guy around.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-06-2013, 01:32 PM
(23-06-2013 12:46 PM)kim Wrote:  I know and I love Sikhs! They are so kind and accepting; they don't give a hoot about what anyone believes and they certainly don't care that anyone doesn't believe something. Lack of faith has nothing to do with having a faith - the concept is an individual part of the self. Sikhs know this as much as atheists know this.
Dom Wrote:I know, how sad is that? There is a Sikh running a small country store near here, and the poor guy just can't get it off the ground because people think he is a muslim.

I feel bad for him, he is the nicest guy around.

My experience with Sikhs has also been very positive. Never any preaching, no racism, no homophobia, and a respect for people's differences in opinions and beliefs (at least in public). That's why I used the turban example. They're always getting confused for Muslims, and then becoming victims of Islamophobia. I've heard many unfortunate airport stories...

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
23-06-2013, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 03:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-06-2013 08:27 AM)theword Wrote:  have you ever thought of stand up comedy?

I have, since I love telling jokes.
But If I wanted to stand in front of a crowd and get paid to be funny, and tell humorous nonsensical, idiotic stories, I would have become a Christian preacher.
Their material is all pre-done. I would just have to look in the Bible for more hilarious stuff.
Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post