Why do people hate athesits do much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: Why do people hate athesits do much?
(23-06-2013 05:16 PM)Julius Wrote:  The Christian Troll Formula:

1. Christian Troll posts on Atheist Forum.

2. Atheist Go Bat-Shit Crazy and waste their time with hundreds of posts.

3. Repeat

Why, I thought they were sent here for our entertainment!
If sitting here laughing is a waste of time - so be it. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
23-06-2013, 06:52 PM
(23-06-2013 06:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  

3. Repeat

Why, I thought they were sent here for our entertainment!

OK. If you guys like Flogging Trolls, then it's really not for me to say that it's a waste of time.

Happy Flogging.
[+] 2 users Like Julius's post
23-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Why do people hate atheists? Because we point out to them (religious people) that, not only are they wrong, but are apparently stupid! Religious people have chosen, basically, a really stupid ideology, which they can't possibly defend. So, they have to admit that their entire ideology is ridiculous AND that they will rot in the dirt, rather than ascend to heaven and do whatever it is they think you do there . It's kind of hard to accept that you were not only wrong about something, AND you don't get to live forever. But maybe you are also an idiot.
[+] 2 users Like Ameron1963's post
23-06-2013, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 07:47 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-06-2013 06:52 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 06:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why, I thought they were sent here for our entertainment!

OK. If you guys like Flogging Trolls, then it's really not for me to say that it's a waste of time.

Happy Flogging.

Girly don't hate. Come here and give Girly a bigass hug you big lug you. Hug

[Image: qcbob.png]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-06-2013, 08:30 PM

3. Repeat

the great FSM sees we need some entertainment and sends them here.
Who are we to go against his will and not feed the theist troll?
Ramen

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
23-06-2013, 11:58 PM
(23-06-2013 02:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 02:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  'Cause we scarwee. Bery bery scarwee. Tongue

[Image: girly.png]

[Image: sakura.jpg]

I did not *gasp* fucking need to *choke* see that Girly *tears streaming*

You ruined a perfectly good thread Shocking

Dude, I think this is hot.

Nice one Girly definitely the best Sailor Moon Cosplay I have ever seen.(Honestly not joking.)

Well besides this interesting post the word reminds me of the creationists in this DarkMatter video(I know I seem to know all of his and TTA's videos besides his numerous podcasts.)

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
24-06-2013, 02:40 AM
(23-06-2013 07:09 AM)theword Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 06:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  People hate atheists because they make sense and because atheism pulls the rug out from under their whole belief system and the way their lives are lived.

Who wants to know that their life is built on a lie? No one.
Are you kidding me? Atheism has no proof what so ever. Atheists have no leg to stand on. Believe me, the last thing that Christianity has to be concerned with is atheism.

Ummm...Atheism doesnt require proof.

Also, babies are delicious

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 4 users Like PeterKA's post
24-06-2013, 10:39 AM
(23-06-2013 07:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 06:52 PM)Julius Wrote:  OK. If you guys like Flogging Trolls, then it's really not for me to say that it's a waste of time.

Happy Flogging.

Girly don't hate. Come here and give Girly a bigass hug you big lug you. Hug

Man, that pic offends my artistic sensitivities... so I fixed it for ya. Thumbsup

[Image: qcbob1_zpsc2f6233d.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-06-2013, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 11:46 AM by Reltzik.)
(22-06-2013 09:56 PM)theword Wrote:  Polls say that people do not trust atheists. One poll suggests that atheists are the most despised and most distrusted minority.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistbigot...sHated.htm

Well, several causes.

It is unfortunately human nature to seek to disparage or vilify portions of the population, typically parts that one is not a member of and has no personal contact with. It happens with race, with sexual orientation, with economic status, with political affiliation, and with religious belief and its absence. This reflects not on the targeted groups, but the targeting individuals. Put simpler, haters gonna hate, and they're gonna do it without much of a reason.

A certain... let us say non-denominational... segment of professional Christians have made a deliberate point of targeting atheism and atheists. (By professional Christian, I mean anyone who have made their Christian identity an integral part of their careers and incomes. This includes practicing clergy, academic apologists, authors of faith-based self-help books, celebrity figures whose faith is part of their "brand", etc.) There are many reasons for them to do so, and these likely vary from individual to individual: atheism is seen (often incorrectly) as the forefront of secularization movements trying to withdraw many Christian-specific governmental endorsements of religion; atheists (by their mere presence and disbelief) challenge their status as dispensers of moral codes and imperatives; atheists by example can cause followers to question beliefs, resulting in emptier pews, less political sway, and fewer revenues; this challenge (even if it is only a passive one) also amounts to a rejection of the professional Christian's core paradigm and works, which might offend and enrage the professional Christian; polarizing the population is to the tactical advantage of the professional Christian, as it retains their base of support by making interactions with atheist less common, and also energizes that base to whatever ends or profit the professional Christian may wish; while many religions are more popular than atheism in the US, only atheism really has the visible potential to displace Christianity in the long term; and, of course, because there's a few lines in some sort of book that tell them to hate without giving much of a reason and they gonna hate without much of a reason. These professional Christians are unfortunately well-respected by broad, misguided segments of the population, to the point where otherwise good people will do some pretty bad things at their behest. Put simpler, haters gonna get others hating.

And, let's face it, outside of the minority of the liberally religious out there and atheists themselves, there's not many people standing up to it. This is the part about what hatreds society allows and what hatreds it doesn't. Racism is now (justly) vehemently discouraged, as is sexism. Classism and homophobia are increasingly frowned upon. But persecution of nonbelievers is seen by large segments of the population as fine and dandy and a positive good and even beneficial to the godless heathens. (Because nothing brings people to Christ like treating them like shit. It worked on indigenous populations across the globe and it can work for atheists too!) The disapproval of such attitudes towards atheists just isn't there in the same volume as disapproval of the same attitudes towards, say, blacks. This is because, IMO, we've never really had an atheist's civil rights movement, the way we had a woman's rights movement or a gay rights movement, and so we haven't reaped the benefits.

So why are atheists hated? Because haters gonna hate, and gonna get others to hate, and all the other traditional targets are becoming verboten.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
24-06-2013, 09:01 PM
(24-06-2013 02:40 AM)PeterKA Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 07:09 AM)theword Wrote:  Are you kidding me? Atheism has no proof what so ever. Atheists have no leg to stand on. Believe me, the last thing that Christianity has to be concerned with is atheism.

Ummm...Atheism doesnt require proof.

Also, babies are delicious
Do you see what kind of empty argument you have? You have nothing. You say you do not require proof, because you know you have no proof.
Empty. Hypocritical.... That's all atheism has. Nothing!