Why do people in extreme poverty reproduce?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2013, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 09:35 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
RE: Why do people in extreme poverty reproduce?
(29-09-2011 03:49 AM)JesusLovesYou69 Wrote:  I'm not talking about say, a low income US citizen or something. I'm talking like those dying starving african people you see on TV (This isn't limited to african people, I'm talking just about extremely impoverished people in general). Why do they reproduce if they don't have any money at all to feed themselves, let alone the child they are about to have especially since so many of their kids die of starvation at such an early age?

I'm not trying to be mean at all, I'm just saying. Say you were barely getting by in life and always hungry, and you didn't really even have a sufficient amount of food for yourself. Would you have multiple children, knowing that you probably won't be able to feed/nurture them? I think its horrible what these people do.

And I am not saying its their fault they don't have enough food, I'm just saying, why bring a child into such a miserable existence?

I feel like if people who were extremely impoverished stopped having children, the world would be a much better place because then we wouldn't have nearly as many (if any at all) starving/dying children.

For the same reason everyone else reproduces - they were drunk and horny.

Seriously, its complicated. Some of it are local traditions, some is to guarantee at least on offspring survives to adulthood (infant and childhood mortality is quite high in these regions), some is for religious reasons, etc.

It is ironic how people who are so unfit to be parents seem to multiply like rabbits, while people who would make wonderful parents seem to be barren or struggle to have children.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
20-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Its obvious for 2 reasons :-

1) They are FUCKING STUPID
2) They are Selfish assholes

I can't quite figure out why the fuck my country even after 60 years of Independence STILL has fucking 70% poverty&illiteracy.. God i hate you if you exist!

While illiteracy seems to be main reason i personally think you'd really have to be an asshole to have children just to use them for labor.

Whenever i look at a new building being built i can almost ALWAYS see like 2 or 3 children roaming around the construction sight wearing no clothes and devoid of any personal hygiene.. seriously it pisses me off so much that i want to beat their stupid parents to death !

I cannot fucking see a difference between street dogs and the children of my species.. its appalling !

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
20-12-2013, 11:55 AM
In nature - the less the chance of survival, the more offspring are generated so that the genes have a chance of carrying on.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-12-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2013 12:02 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(20-12-2013 11:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  In nature - the less the chance of survival, the more offspring are generated so that the genes have a chance of carrying on.
But we're not simplistic animals.. we're highly intelligent beings who are capable of splitting atoms,there's no point regressing back in time when we have accomplished so much in less than 100 years.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
20-12-2013, 03:46 PM
(20-12-2013 11:58 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 11:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  In nature - the less the chance of survival, the more offspring are generated so that the genes have a chance of carrying on.
But we're not simplistic animals.. we're highly intelligent beings who are capable of splitting atoms,there's no point regressing back in time when we have accomplished so much in less than 100 years.

Tell that to all the reproducers... Tongue We are still simplistic animals. Maybe not you or me or a lot of the people here, but the species in general.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-12-2013, 04:56 PM
People in extreme poverty have little to no access to education and contraceptives. They are still people though, so naturally they still fall in love and have sex. It seems a bit obvious to me...

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
21-12-2013, 06:30 AM
Poverty is relative. There are a lot of people classified as poor who have access to education and tons of contraception and have babies galore.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-12-2013, 08:53 AM
The poorer people are, the more they're bullied by religious and political leaders. Religious and political leaders want to expand their power-base and armies.
So they make rules that keep poor people numerous, obedient and poor.
See Texas.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.