Why do people laugh at creationists, vol 39

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Why do people laugh at creationists, vol 39
(28-08-2013 05:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  holy crap

This is by far the dumbest YEC thing to date.

Is there any smart YEC thing to date?

I think we should rather count any intelligent remarks instead of the brainless ones.

So that leaves us at zero I suppose?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
31-08-2013, 04:00 AM
(29-08-2013 11:56 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  
(28-08-2013 05:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  holy crap

This is by far the dumbest YEC thing to date.

Is there any smart YEC thing to date?

I think we should rather count any intelligent remarks instead of the brainless ones.

No, I think he means that, all things being equal, this remark is far stupider than any other stupid explanation proposed by YEC.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
31-08-2013, 08:19 AM
(31-08-2013 04:00 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(29-08-2013 11:56 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Is there any smart YEC thing to date?

No, I think he means that, all things being equal, this remark is far stupider than any other stupid explanation proposed by YEC.

And by comparison, it makes those dumbarse Ol' Erf Crayshnists look smart.

Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-10-2013, 08:45 AM
That's gotta be fake, right? Like maybe some deep-cover conservative trolling to make them look dumb, or maybe Poe's Law at work, right? Right?

There's no way anyone can believe in this volcano dispersion belief. Even if they somehow survived the fall, the sudden change in acceleration from the blast would kill them. That's how the really real world work. I guess that whole "create an illusion to remove the dissonance" approach to cognitive dissonance has no limits, huh?
03-10-2013, 10:11 AM
(25-08-2013 09:02 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Yeah! Thunderf00t science series returns to YouTube!

Conservapedia suggests that, after the Noahic Flood,,the animals were dispersed to the far corners of the Earth by - get this - by being shot off an exploding volcano on Mount Ararat! I'm not kidding.

Love Thunderf00t's videos!
04-10-2013, 03:48 PM
You know, I've always kinda wondered how Noah GOT all those animals. I mean, some are very specific to certain environments and can't exist outside of them. And many are mutually exclusive to an area (big cats and marsupials CAN NOT live together according to my geology teacher). So how did he get them? I mean, racoons are a new world animal and koalas only live in Australia. Did Noah have a supersonic jet? If so, why did he need a boat?
04-10-2013, 07:05 PM
(04-10-2013 03:48 PM)natachan Wrote:  You know, I've always kinda wondered how Noah GOT all those animals. I mean, some are very specific to certain environments and can't exist outside of them. And many are mutually exclusive to an area (big cats and marsupials CAN NOT live together according to my geology teacher). So how did he get them? I mean, racoons are a new world animal and koalas only live in Australia. Did Noah have a supersonic jet? If so, why did he need a boat?

Those animals never existed until after the flood. Those animals are actually the mutant offspring of the animals he did have access to because of all the inbreeding between the animals.
07-10-2013, 01:53 PM
(25-08-2013 09:02 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Yeah! Thunderf00t science series returns to YouTube!

Conservapedia suggests that, after the Noahic Flood,,the animals were dispersed to the far corners of the Earth by - get this - by being shot off an exploding volcano on Mount Ararat! I'm not kidding.

Didn't want to start a new thread so found the nearest relevant subheading.
One little quip I noticed said something along these lines: "If the Sun wasn't created until the 4th day, how were there 'days' before that?"
I like to elaborate on it a little to point out that the scriptures mention an evening and a morning, the nth day. I do this as if you just mention the first portion about day only, they will offer a lame answer like "Well god illuminated everything."
I would then point out that if gods light filled everything, there would be no morning or evening. Hobo

Floggings to continue until morale improves.
10-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Now that's funny stuff

Twitter: @doubtingdragon
http://doubtingdragon.wordpress.com
13-10-2013, 05:26 AM
(04-10-2013 07:05 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Those animals never existed until after the flood. Those animals are actually the mutant offspring of the animals he did have access to because of all the inbreeding between the animals.

I do wish some fundie would use that argument. Then we could say "Oh, so you DO believe in evolution".
[+] 2 users Like jockmcdock's post