Why do people still believe Bush didn't lie about Iraqs WMD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Why do people still believe Bush didn't lie about Iraqs WMD
Lying http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lying

George Bush knew of intelligence reports that reported that Hussein had no WMD, bush and his staff chose to ignore those reports and push to the public the view that hussein had WMD. Speeches were constructed to scare the public into supporting an invasion of Iraq.

Interview with top CIA official http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFki2zArXq4

Cljr (don't care what his forum name is) and Chas seem not know that bush was lying about WMD, however they are insistent on denying evidence that bush lied which leads one to think that they are not neutral on this issue and that they lean towards the idea that bush didn't lie.

We will see by their reactions to the evidence that bush did lie.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2013, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 07:30 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Why do people still believe Bush didn't lie about Iraqs WMD
Interesting you claim to be able to read minds, now.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/20...telligence

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
24-09-2013, 07:20 PM
(24-09-2013 07:01 PM)I and I Wrote:  George Bush knew of intelligence reports that reported that Hussein had no WMD, bush and his staff chose to ignore those reports and push to the public the view that hussein had WMD. Speeches were constructed to scare the public into supporting an invasion of Iraq.

George Bush knew of intelligence reports that reported that Hussein had WMD, bush and his staff chose to believe those reports and push to the public the view that hussein had WMD. Speeches were constructed to scare the public into supporting an invasion of Iraq.

Man. I wonder which is true? If only we had some source of absolute knowledge on the matter. Y'know, besides your imagination.

(24-09-2013 07:01 PM)I and I Wrote:  Cljr (don't care what his forum name is)

Actually, that you had to add the qualifier would seem to suggest that you know very well that it's cjlr, and care so much that you get it wrong on purpose and tried to be snarky about it. Better luck next time!

(24-09-2013 07:01 PM)I and I Wrote:  and Chas seem not know that bush was lying about WMD, however they are insistent on denying evidence that bush lied which leads one to think that they are not neutral on this issue and that they lean towards the idea that bush didn't lie.

At least you've finally gotten it into your head that I don't claim to know, only to have inclinations. That only took six months.

Ah, the sweet, sweet taste of infinitesimal progress.

(24-09-2013 07:01 PM)I and I Wrote:  We will see by their reactions to the evidence that bush did lie.

Yes. We will see. As soon as you present any evidence.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-09-2013, 07:38 PM
You don't need to read minds dumbasses.

You see, since then many former officials have come out saying that there were reports that stated that Hussein had no WMD yet the bush administration chose to ignore those and only accept the ones that promoted their view. They then went on to tell the public and give the public the perception that Iraq had WMD. THIS IS CALLED LYING. To purposely ignore evidence contrary to your view then go on repeating your view to the public in order to get support for a war fits the description of lying.

Bush knew of reports that said Iraq had no WMD yet still lied about it and told the press along with his cabinet that Iraq had WMD.
24-09-2013, 07:47 PM
(24-09-2013 07:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  You see, since then many former officials have come out saying that there were reports that stated that Hussein had no WMD yet the bush administration chose to ignore those and only accept the ones that promoted their view. They then went on to tell the public and give the public the perception that Iraq had WMD. THIS IS CALLED LYING. To purposely ignore evidence contrary to your view then go on repeating your view to the public in order to get support for a war fits the description of lying.

No, it doesn't.

Let us assume that they had both reports stating that Iraq had WMD programs and those stating that Iraq did not. (incidentally, this is true).

One cannot be lying if one does not know which is true. If one is presented with two scenarios, and believes and espouses only one of them, and turns out to be wrong - this is not equivalent to lying.

I know this. You know this. And yet you don't care. You know the truth. You know what people eleven years ago knew. You know what people eleven years ago believed. You know with so much certainty that you'd rather engage in infantile personal attacks than articulate an argument.

(24-09-2013 07:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  Bush knew of reports that said Iraq had no WMD yet still lied about it and told the press along with his cabinet that Iraq had WMD.

And, conveniently enough, Bush ALSO knew of of reports that said Iraq HAD WMD.

Therefore without reading his mind - as you can apparently do; how's the JREF application going? - one can not know whether his statements were lies because one can not know what he believed at the time (one other than you, naturally).

This distinction cannot possibly escape you. The definitions are elementary. You are being dishonest for the sake of obstinacy. It is not endearing.

24-09-2013, 07:53 PM
So you are arguing that bush didn't lie?

If intelligence reports tell bush that there are no WMD and then bush and his cabinet get on the airwaves and construct a story that Hussein does have WMD this is called lying. They are not telling the public that there is evidence for and evidence against WMD, that would be not lying. Lying is when you say there is WMD when intelligence reports say otherwise.

BTW if Bush did have evidence for WMD what is this evidence? Please post it.
Drinking Beverage
24-09-2013, 07:57 PM
[Image: tumblr_mioibvv7jl1qgdc0oo1_500.gif]

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
[+] 3 users Like I Am's post
24-09-2013, 07:57 PM
(24-09-2013 07:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  If intelligence reports tell bush that there are no WMD and then bush and his cabinet get on the airwaves and construct a story that Hussein does have WMD this is called lying. They are not telling the public that there is evidence for and evidence against WMD, that would be not lying. Lying is when you say there is WMD when intelligence reports say otherwise.

If intelligence reports tell bush that there are WMD and then bush and his cabinet get on the airwaves and report a story that Hussein does have WMD this is called being wrong. They are not telling the public that there is evidence for and evidence against WMD, that would be not lying.

Troll on, bro. Troll on.

(24-09-2013 07:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  Lying is when you say there is WMD when intelligence reports say otherwise.

Only if A), there are only intelligence reports saying otherwise, and B), you have cause to believe those reports are entirely reliable.

Neither A nor B hold in this case. Therefore, to know whether it was lying or not requires C), retrospective mind reading. I'm jealous of your gift. I'd love to see you go to the JREF. People need to know.

(24-09-2013 07:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  BTW if Bush did have evidence for WMD what is this evidence? Please post it.

So, uh, the article Bucky posted? 45 minutes ago? Maybe start there.

24-09-2013, 08:13 PM
What evidence was there for WMD. You still have yet to post this. Either there is no evidence for Iraq WMD or maybe you can read George Bush's mind and know what he believed and saw when coming to his conclusion?

Evidence for Iraq WMD. post it or you are bullshitting. Validate your claim that bush received reports with evidence for Iraq WMD.

The link that bucky ball posted has to be subscribed to before reading.
24-09-2013, 08:15 PM
(24-09-2013 08:13 PM)I and I Wrote:  What evidence was there for WMD. You still have yet to post this. Either there is no evidence for Iraq WMD or maybe you can read George Bush's mind and know what he believed and saw when coming to his conclusion?

https://www.fas.org/irp/cia/product/iraq-wmd.html

As I have explained literally dozens of times: human error is more likely than conspiracy. Simple explanations are preferable to complex explanations.

(24-09-2013 08:13 PM)I and I Wrote:  Evidence for Iraq WMD. post it or you are bullshitting. Validate your claim that bush received reports with evidence for Iraq WMD.

You can use google just as well as I can.

(24-09-2013 08:13 PM)I and I Wrote:  The link that bucky ball posted has to be subscribed to before reading.

Nope. I just read it.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post