Why do people usually say they don't like democrats or republicans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 10:16 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
RE: Why do people usually say they don't like democrats or republicans?
(09-05-2016 09:59 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 09:04 AM)julep Wrote:  Your last sentence demonstrates why people who aren't democrats might dislike them: you've asserted that democrats are superior humans. Not people with more useful ideas or solutions: better people. Being classified as lesser breeds dislike. Second, of course, there are plenty of republicans who have a mirror view of democrats; they don't like them because they feel them to be inferior and/or vicious.
Well, one of them are inhuman Jesus freaks, the other is more egalitarian. So gee, I wonder who's worse. I definitely would like to see republicans pushed off a cliff by bulldozers.

I know you were just being matter of fact, but honestly there's a good reason to think republicans suck. Idk why that would make otherwise reasonable people dislike democrats. I think it's a generalization to say that all democrats are like me on this issue anyways, aka wishing republicans would literally fuck off and die.

This is why American republicans own 89% of all firearms on earth. And not all republicans are Jesus freaks. Some of us are atheists.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 10:25 AM by GirlyMan.)
(09-05-2016 10:12 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This is why American republicans own 89% of all firearms on earth.

Once again you show how pathetically weak your math fu is. You should just probably stop using numbers since you clearly by your own admission are incapable of using or understanding them properly.

"There are 89 guns for every 100 civilians, according to the 2011 Small Arms Survey. ... the U.S. is home to anywhere between 35 and 50 percent of all civilian-owned guns on earth."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-05-2016, 10:26 AM
(09-05-2016 10:22 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 10:12 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This is why American republicans own 89% of all firearms on earth.

Once again you show how weak your math fu is. You should just probably stop using numbers since you clearly by your own admission are incapable of using or understanding them properly.

"There are 89 guns for every 100 civilians, according to the 2011 Small Arms Survey. ... the U.S. is home to anywhere between 35 and 50 percent of all civilian-owned guns on earth."

I wasn't throwing out an actual number man. But my point stands. Republicans are the most powerful group on earth.

09-05-2016, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 10:46 AM by GirlyMan.)
(09-05-2016 10:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 10:22 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Once again you show how weak your math fu is. You should just probably stop using numbers since you clearly by your own admission are incapable of using or understanding them properly.

I wasn't throwing out an actual number man.

89% is an arbitrary number you just pulled out of your ass? Why didn't you go with 90%? How come your 89% corresponds exactly to the Small Arms Survey? You're full of shit that's why.

Pro tip: When you fuck up and make a clearly blatant mistake you admit it instead of running for cover. There is no cover.

(09-05-2016 10:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  But my point stands. Republicans are the most powerful group on earth.

That's just silly. They have the most small arms collectively. So what? Small arms pretty much don't mean dick when up against military grade weapons. More powerful than Al Qaeda? ISIS? Without the intervention by our federal military Joseph Kony's Christian Lord's Resistance Army would make Sherman's March to the Sea look downright humane.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-05-2016, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 10:59 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(09-05-2016 10:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 10:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I wasn't throwing out an actual number man.

89% is an arbitrary number you just pulled out of your ass? Why didn't you go with 90%? How come your 89% corresponds exactly to the Small Arms Survey? You're full of shit that's why.

Pro tip: When you fuck up and make a clearly blatant mistake you admit it instead of running for cover. There is no cover.

(09-05-2016 10:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  But my point stands. Republicans are the most powerful group on earth.

That's just silly. They have the most small arms collectively. So what? Small arms pretty much don't mean dick when up against military grade weapons. More powerful than Al Qaeda? ISIS? Without the intervention by our federal military Joseph Kony's Christian Lord's Resistance Army would make Sherman's March to the Sea look downright humane.

Of course more powerful than ISIS and AL Qaeda. Are you even being serious? Armed republicans have to be what? 80 million strong? Plus, the U.S. Military is what, 20% Democrat? I think we both know what side they're on. And honestly, the 89% was just a random number in my head. It sounded cool. It was a deliberate exaggeration.

09-05-2016, 11:03 AM
(09-05-2016 10:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And honestly, the 89% was just a random number in my head. It sounded cool.

So from now on I should pretty much treat any numbers you provide as random. Got it.

[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-05-2016, 11:05 AM
(09-05-2016 09:04 AM)julep Wrote:  Your last sentence demonstrates why people who aren't democrats might dislike them: you've asserted that democrats are superior humans. Not people with more useful ideas or solutions: better people. Being classified as lesser breeds dislike. Second, of course, there are plenty of republicans who have a mirror view of democrats; they don't like them because they feel them to be inferior and/or vicious.
Well, one of them are inhuman Jesus freaks, the other is more egalitarian. So gee, I wonder who's worse. I definitely would like to see republicans pushed off a cliff by bulldozers.

I know you were just being matter of fact, but honestly there's a good reason to think republicans suck. Idk why that would make otherwise reasonable people dislike democrats. I think it's a generalization to say that all democrats are like me on this issue anyways, aka wishing republicans would literally fuck off and die.

Try to step outside yourself and look objectively at what you just wrote. It sounds exactly like Sunni vs. Shia or Catholic vs. Protestant -- and by changing a few words around, could easily have been said by a Republican about Democrats.

I'm a Democrat and a Liberal, but I don't hate Republicans or Conservatives -- I just think they're wrong about some things. But I freely admit that I could also be wrong about some things. And I actually agree with some stereotypically "Republican" views.

I long for a political climate where Democrats and Republicans could intelligently discuss their differences of opinion without demonizing the other side. Such a climate has probably never existed, and certainly doesn't exist now, but it sure would be nice. You never win an argument by telling the other side to "fuck off and die."

Smile
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-05-2016, 11:52 AM

I wasn't generalizing about all democrats; I was discussing the words you used. I was trying to indicate how what you said is dehumanizing and generates dislike. This kind of group-support/group-opposition is by no means universal or confined to any one party. (It is never productive, IMO.)
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
09-05-2016, 12:01 PM
I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican, I am however a conservative, though I also hold classically liberal views on certain things such as free speech and equality before the law.

Once i get to the US I would likely register as a Republican, and yes your OP is a classic example of in-group/out-group bias. You view your group as the better one and the other as less.

Yes I vehemently disagree with the far right, by I also vehemently disagree with the far left. I have seen first hand what far right and far left politics result in.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
09-05-2016, 12:15 PM
(09-05-2016 12:01 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Once i get to the US I would likely register as a Republican, ...

You cannot register to vote on a K-1 Visa. You are not a citizen. Facepalm