Why do people usually say they don't like democrats or republicans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: Why do people usually say they don't like democrats or republicans?
I lean Left on most issues but I can certainly acknowledged a well-argued point on the other side. I can't stand either of the two major US parties.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 01:49 PM
There is problematic formats with the party lines and sometimes some may "like" one because they are better aka more leaning towards the way one may prefer. Though there is still a lot of dislike in that connection due to corruption or self interest dealing for financial gains.

When it boils down to ranges of liberal & conservative it may really boil down to just different value judgements. Moral Foundations Theory is an interesting study concept that stumbled into a contrast that is sensibly explained.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-05-2016, 02:01 PM
(09-05-2016 01:40 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Um, nah I'm pretty sure there's a lot of really disgusting republicans. I'm not blinded by that.
So what? There are a lot of really disgusting people in every significantly large enough group of people. That doesn't mean that wishing harm on the group as a whole or even condoning violence against them is okay.

Here's an easy way to see your statements from an outsider's perspective: Simply replace the subject in question with "Jews", "black people" or any other group of people that you don't dislike. Let's give it a try:
  • "Black people, that's a dead give away. I understand why anyone who's not an insane piece of shit would dislike black people."
  • "I definitely would like to see cripples pushed off a cliff by bulldozers."
  • "I know you were just being matter of fact, but honestly there's a good reason to think Jews suck. Idk why that would make otherwise reasonable people dislike democrats. I think it's a generalization to say that all democrats are like me on this issue anyways, aka wishing Jews would literally fuck off and die."

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Vosur's post
09-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Because the like bitching more than anything else.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
09-05-2016, 02:06 PM
(09-05-2016 02:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 01:40 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Um, nah I'm pretty sure there's a lot of really disgusting republicans. I'm not blinded by that.
So what? There are a lot of really disgusting people in every significantly large enough group of people. That doesn't mean that wishing harm on the group as a whole or even condoning violence against them is okay.

Here's an easy way to see your statements from an outsider's perspective: Simply replace the subject in question with "Jews", "black people" or any other group of people that you don't dislike. Let's give it a try:
  • "Black people, that's a dead give away. I understand why anyone who's not an insane piece of shit would dislike black people."
  • "I know you were just being matter of fact, but honestly there's a good reason to think Jews suck. Idk why that would make otherwise reasonable people dislike democrats. I think it's a generalization to say that all democrats are like me on this issue anyways, aka wishing Jews would literally fuck off and die."
The difference; there's nothing wrong with any of the groups of people you mentioned.

Okay, I'll capitulate to you on this. I don't actually wish that they would die, I was just being hyperbolic.

I know this may come as a shocker, but I had to say it.
09-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Why do people usually say they don't like democrats or republicans?

Just to piss you off.
Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-05-2016, 02:31 PM
(09-05-2016 02:06 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 02:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  So what? There are a lot of really disgusting people in every significantly large enough group of people. That doesn't mean that wishing harm on the group as a whole or even condoning violence against them is okay.

The difference; there's nothing wrong with any of the groups of people you mentioned.

Okay, I'll capitulate to you on this. I don't actually wish that they would die, I was just being hyperbolic.

Right, and there's nothing intrinsically wrong with Republicans as a group either. They just hold different opinions on some issues than you do.
09-05-2016, 02:44 PM
(09-05-2016 02:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 02:06 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  The difference; there's nothing wrong with any of the groups of people you mentioned.

Right, and there's nothing intrinsically wrong with Republicans as a group either. They just hold different opinions on some issues than you do.
I just feel like this negates the all the frustration I feel towards the things republicans do on the grounds of moral nihilism. Except, I get that what you're really saying is to not let them frustrating you, which is beneficial to me. I can still attack their ideas without hating them. How though, do you channel your feelings when you see something so vile and so nauseating, as the things republicans do and say? They make me think violent thoughts, because honestly how am I supposed to be a peaceful person, in a world that's anti love? It's fucking difficult to be kind and sensitive, it's hard as fucking hell. That's like going against your own nature. Yeah, I admit it, I'd take a spike bat to sarah palin's face, what of it?
09-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Why I don't like political parties ---

They're inhabited by habitual liars.

When a politician says "I will represent you" -- by default he's lying.

How can he represent your interests - and those who have diametrically opposed interests?

He can't.

But - the politician claims to be able to do it.

Find a politician who will say -- "I will serve those people who don't like your way of doing things" -- and you'll have an honest politician.

Good luck finding one.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-05-2016, 02:47 PM
I feel no differently to republicans than I do a fly buzzing around in my house.