Why do people usually say they don't like democrats or republicans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: Why do people usually say they don't like democrats or republicans?
(09-05-2016 08:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 08:18 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  So you're saying we should deport the republicans?

I didn't really have much of a point. It just clicked in my head, so I typed it :/

But nah, with two opposing sides of the same coin in control, and me somewhere in the middle, I rely too much on both. I value secular law too much to want to rid the country of the Democrats, and I value my guns too much to want to rid the country of the Republicans.

Nobody represents me, so the next best thing is to keep going back and forth in this ridiculous game of political ping pong and hope neither side gets too much control over the other.
I honestly have no idea why I even said that. It's late and I was just at my birthday party with my relatives for the past 5 hours. I cannot think right now, so if I have major lapses in concentration, that's why.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 08:38 PM
(09-05-2016 08:31 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 08:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I didn't really have much of a point. It just clicked in my head, so I typed it :/

But nah, with two opposing sides of the same coin in control, and me somewhere in the middle, I rely too much on both. I value secular law too much to want to rid the country of the Democrats, and I value my guns too much to want to rid the country of the Republicans.

Nobody represents me, so the next best thing is to keep going back and forth in this ridiculous game of political ping pong and hope neither side gets too much control over the other.
I honestly have no idea why I even said that. It's late and I was just at my birthday party with my relatives for the past 5 hours. I cannot think right now, so if I have major lapses in concentration, that's why.

I'm not one to judge for speaking off the cuff, I do it all the time. 90% of the stuff that comes out of my mouth or onto the keyboard is in the form of random, spontaneous, smartass, cynical thoughts with no real relevance to anything. Then every once in a while I'll see something that makes me think, and I'll start braining just long enough to formulate an actual, well thought out response.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-05-2016, 11:40 PM
I am conservative(Ted Cruz type) but I can not say that I don't like Democrats. One of my best friends is a Democrat all her life.
I just don't agree with everything Democrats believe. Before I see a Democrat in person I see a human being(a child of God).
I don't agree with Bernie Sanders believes but I really, really like him. I love his ideas I just don't believe they can be accomplished in this world that is far from being perfect(ideal).

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
11-05-2016, 06:30 AM
(09-05-2016 08:30 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Republicans, that's a dead give away. I understand why anyone who's not an insane piece of shit would dislike republicans. Why democrats though? Is it because of people like Hilary Clitweighsaton? Because I get that.

I mean, are you not left wing? Are you not progressive? Do you believe in free market capitalism and no government intervention? I've met some people with pretty egalitarian points of view who identify as anarcho capitalists, libertarians I guess.

If you're asking why people would hate both groups, it can be any number of reasons:
  • They don't feel either party represents their views.
  • They don't feel either party cares about them (or voters in general).
  • They're sick of partisan politics.
  • They love the golden mean fallacy and assume that if neither side agrees, they must both be wrong.
  • They think both sides must be equally bad.
  • It's all a corporate conspiracy to keep us arguing about abortion and immigration while the rich stay in power.
  • This specific election could be in protest against Clinton.
Personally, I don't hate the Democrats, but I only vote for them because they are the closest to what I want. I identify as liberal rather than as a Democrat; I just vote for them.
11-05-2016, 06:35 AM
(11-05-2016 06:30 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 08:30 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Republicans, that's a dead give away. I understand why anyone who's not an insane piece of shit would dislike republicans. Why democrats though? Is it because of people like Hilary Clitweighsaton? Because I get that.

I mean, are you not left wing? Are you not progressive? Do you believe in free market capitalism and no government intervention? I've met some people with pretty egalitarian points of view who identify as anarcho capitalists, libertarians I guess.

If you're asking why people would hate both groups, it can be any number of reasons:
  • They don't feel either party represents their views.
  • They don't feel either party cares about them (or voters in general).
  • They're sick of partisan politics.
  • They love the golden mean fallacy and assume that if neither side agrees, they must both be wrong.
  • They think both sides must be equally bad.
  • It's all a corporate conspiracy to keep us arguing about abortion and immigration while the rich stay in power.
  • This specific election could be in protest against Clinton.
Personally, I don't hate the Democrats, but I only vote for them because they are the closest to what I want. I identify as liberal rather than as a Democrat; I just vote for them.

That's gotta be a tough sell over there in rabid "Christian Reformed" territory............

Yer a brave man...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-05-2016, 06:57 AM

I dunno, I don't think I've heard nearly as much shit about democrats besides social justice warriors than I have from republicans. Republicans are overwhelmingly worse. I don't know that many reasons why you would dislike democrats in general, they're better people imo.

There are so many ways to criticize Ms. Clinton. She prolonged and maybe helped instigate a tragic war in Syria. She publicly defended an accused rapist in part by attacking and smearing his accusers. She is a shameless political opportunist. And all that doesn't even touch on her unflagging support of massive wealth inequality, not least her own.

Do you HAVE to resort to attacking her female anatomy? Is there nothing worse in your mind than having lady bits? I suspect you are a better critical thinker than that. Please, continue to criticize her, but do it based on what she has done.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
11-05-2016, 09:55 AM
(11-05-2016 06:57 AM)I Am Wrote:  

I dunno, I don't think I've heard nearly as much shit about democrats besides social justice warriors than I have from republicans. Republicans are overwhelmingly worse. I don't know that many reasons why you would dislike democrats in general, they're better people imo.

There are so many ways to criticize Ms. Clinton. She prolonged and maybe helped instigate a tragic war in Syria. She publicly defended an accused rapist in part by attacking and smearing his accusers. She is a shameless political opportunist. And all that doesn't even touch on her unflagging support of massive wealth inequality, not least her own.

Do you HAVE to resort to attacking her female anatomy? Is there nothing worse in your mind than having lady bits? I suspect you are a better critical thinker than that. Please, continue to criticize her, but do it based on what she has done.
I agree with everything you said about Hilary Clinton. I'm not sure whether or not it's okay to call Hilary Clinton a cunt. When I strongly dislike someone, I like to add words that emphasize my dislike of them. I realize that a lot of people see the word cunt as the same thing as faggot, or nigger, or kike, or dyke, or spick, etc. Maybe Hilary Clinton is a cunt, in that she represents a nasty woman, an unclean and smelly cunt. Maybe that's incorrect on some level, I don't know. I use cunt over faggot or nigger any day though.
15-05-2016, 08:28 AM

Complete bullshit in my opinion. I think they are equally fucked.
15-05-2016, 08:40 AM
(09-05-2016 09:02 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 08:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Bernie Sanders isn't a Democrat.

What is he? An independent?

Saying he is not a democrat is like someone pointing their finger at you as some do to us and declaring "You are not really an atheist because..."
16-05-2016, 12:02 AM
[Image: vote.png]

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post