Why do so many leftist atheists endorse Nietzsche?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Why do so many leftist atheists endorse Nietzsche?
(02-08-2013 03:00 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 02:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And I care about the opinion of a racist because?....

Why did you bother to continue conversing with me then?

Because I wanted to make sure you were a trolltard. Drinking Beverage Mission accomplished. Where is my ignore button? Consider

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-08-2013, 03:08 PM
TheBeardedDude: You come off as more of a troll than the 'racist'.

Anyways, I endorse Nietzsche as a Leftist-Libertarian Atheist because he is credited to have invented what has been called the 'Cult of Moral Grayness' or, moral relativity. I also sincerely dislike Ayn Rand's view on the matter, considering her work on it was filled to the brim with presumptions and ad hominem.

I must admit, however, that I have not read Nietzsche, but that his supposed view of Nihilism as the 'killer of humanity', as it were, is very interesting.

“It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
02-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Finally: woman! One-half of mankind is weak, typically sick, changeable, inconstant... she needs a religion of weakness that glorifies being weak, loving, and being humble as divine: or better, she makes the strong weak--she rules when she succeeds in overcoming the strong... Woman has always conspired with the types of decadence, the priests, against the "powerful", the "strong", the men--(The Will to Power - 864) - Nietzsche

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Nietzsche's philosophy is basically one elaborate way to make himself feel better, about his life.

He spent most of his life in mediocrity, plagued by poor health and steeped in philosophy.

-Baron d'Holbach-
02-08-2013, 03:55 PM
In my anecdotal experience atheists don't much care for Nietzsche except as a subject for philosophical criticism.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
02-08-2013, 04:05 PM
(02-08-2013 03:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Nietzsche's philosophy is basically one elaborate way to make himself feel better, about his life.

Your psychoanalysis is worthless, and not addressing Nietzsche's points that I quote and explain in my original post The same thing could be said for you, or any egalitarian for that matter.

As Dawkins says "It doesn't matter what makes you feel good, what matters is what's true!"
02-08-2013, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 04:39 PM by fstratzero.)
(02-08-2013 04:05 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 03:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Nietzsche's philosophy is basically one elaborate way to make himself feel better, about his life.

Your psychoanalysis is worthless, and not addressing Nietzsche's points that I quote and explain in my original post The same thing could be said for you, or any egalitarian for that matter.

As Dawkins says "It doesn't matter what makes you feel good, what matters is what's true!"

I believe in equality before the law, and wish for people to treat each other with respect.

However we know that people are not equal, their talents vary wildly as do their limits.

Nietzsche to me is irrelevant. I don't care for his philosophy at all. As to why other atheists may fall in love with his philosophy might be the same reason Nietzsche wrote it in the first place.

Why altruism is good and Nietzsche is wrong.

-Baron d'Holbach-
02-08-2013, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 05:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-08-2013 02:20 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  And I find it odd that so many of these atheists appeal to Nietzsche while ignoring his anti-leftist views.

Well, this nihilist don't look to metaphysicists for my politics anymore than I'd look to politicians for my metaphysics. That'd just be silly.

(02-08-2013 04:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Nietzsche to me is irrelevant. I don't care for his philosophy at all. As to why other atheists may fall in love with his philosophy might be the same reason Nietzsche wrote it in the first place.

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away when Girly was a Phil Major before realizing CompSci would be far more practical and lucrative, I wrote an essay comparing Nietzsche to the Buddha. I argued that not only was their message essentially the same, their practice and methodology were also effectively the same. ...

I AM ÜBERMENSCH!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-08-2013, 04:57 PM
(02-08-2013 04:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [quote='janthuffy' pid='353175' dateline='1375481154']

Why altruism is good and Nietzsche is wrong.

Nice strawman, twit.