Why do the wastes of flesh have all the money?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Why do the wastes of flesh have all the money?
So, I am spending yet another night away from my wife and home. Stuck at work doing security at a condo complex. There is a bar right here just outside the complex itself. Yet again I have had a few dozen people come in absolutely drunk. I worry about paying my bills and these residents are always hammered and never seem to have any ill effects. Most live here for years and then somehow buy a house somewhere, even though it seems that they never go to work and have never worked. Earlier I watched a fight between several drunks and it is an occurance that I witness most nights I am here. It doesn't need to be a weekend for these scum of the earth to party until 3 or 4 in the morning and then proceed to drive home drunk. They hook up with unknown people at the bar and then proceed to have them come into the complex. I know they are unknown, because most of the time they don't even know the name of their visitor. How the hell is it that I try to be resonsible and I get nowhere. They have complete freedom and are completely irresponsible and immature and life just goes their way?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2012, 12:20 AM
RE: Why do the wastes of flesh have all the money?
(08-10-2012 12:15 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  How the hell is it that I try to be resonsible and I get nowhere. They have complete freedom and are completely irresponsible and immature and life just goes their way?

#1 - You have no idea what is going on in their personal lives so you can't say with confidence that life 'just goes their way'.

#2 - It doesn't mean they are happier than you.

#3 - Just worry about your own life. Start thinking about the steps you need to take to improve your situation.
[+] 2 users Like kpax's post
08-10-2012, 04:58 AM
In light of the second reply; I'll simply take your original post at face-value.

The reason is simple. Psychopathy. Yes, psychopathy. Believe it or not, very few psychopaths are running around in hockey masks and kidnapping kids to hang on meat-hooks in their basement. The majority of them are sitting at the "CEO" desk in your office building, or addressing the nation on your nightly news. A psychopath isn't someone who's out for blood; he's simply someone who knows which rungs to grab in order to hoist himself to the top of the social ladder. He does this effectively because he is standing atop the heads of others to support his ascent, and he is free from the burden of remourse as he does so.

Much of the time, those who are clearly assholes (self-centered, unfeeling, and greedy) get to bathe in glory precisely because they're assholes, and thus knew how to get to that point. So, why do they get to have all the fun while you watch from the sidelines? It's simple:

You're not an asshole.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Misanthropik's post
08-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Beat me to it. ^ Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
08-10-2012, 01:32 PM
(08-10-2012 04:58 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  In light of the second reply; I'll simply take your original post at face-value.

The reason is simple. Psychopathy. Yes, psychopathy. Believe it or not, very few psychopaths are running around in hockey masks and kidnapping kids to hang on meat-hooks in their basement. The majority of them are sitting at the "CEO" desk in your office building, or addressing the nation on your nightly news. A psychopath isn't someone who's out for blood; he's simply someone who knows which rungs to grab in order to hoist himself to the top of the social ladder. He does this effectively because he is standing atop the heads of others to support his ascent, and he is free from the burden of remourse as he does so.

Much of the time, those who are clearly assholes (self-centered, unfeeling, and greedy) get to bathe in glory precisely because they're assholes, and thus knew how to get to that point. So, why do they get to have all the fun while you watch from the sidelines? It's simple:

You're not an asshole.

Ahh, here we go again!

Every single person that is wealthy or has any amount of power, is a selfish, immature, psychopath asshole. Every person that has more money than me is a self indulgent douchebag and they got it by trodding on others but I am going to sit here and whine about it because I wish I had more money but I don't.

Stop fucking thinking that anyone with money is an asshole. Some may the nicest people you will ever meet and worked their way up with honesty and with hard work. Of course, some may be assholes and did it the easy way by stepping on others, but not all. Same goes with everything. I think you are the asshole here.
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
08-10-2012, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 10:37 PM by Misanthropik.)
(08-10-2012 01:32 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 04:58 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  In light of the second reply; I'll simply take your original post at face-value.

You're not an asshole.

Ahh, here we go again!

Every single person that is wealthy or has any amount of power, is a selfish, immature, psychopath asshole. Every person that has more money than me is a self indulgent douchebag and they got it by trodding on others but I am going to sit here and whine about it because I wish I had more money but I don't.

Stop fucking thinking that anyone with money is an asshole. Some may the nicest people you will ever meet and worked their way up with honesty and with hard work. Of course, some may be assholes and did it the easy way by stepping on others, but not all. Same goes with everything. I think you are the asshole here.

Nice strawman, but I'm not sure I ever said that EVERYONE who is succesful is a psychopath.

For the record, I'm doing quite well myself. Thus, I have no need to be pissy about others and their successes.

Don't confuse established psychological science with jealousy. It would be an error on your part.

EDIT: Additionally, I never suggested that psychopathy is an inherantly bad thing. Socially frowned upon, perhaps, but not objectively "bad". If one has the mentality required to speed to the top without remourse or empathy, why shouldn't he? Being that I don't harbor any ill feelings toward such an individual, it wouldn't make sense for me to "whine" about his actions. My use of the word "asshole" is intended to be relatable by anyone who may be listening to me. The fact that the guy is an asshole doesn't mean I resent him for it.

If I did, it'd be difficult to look in a mirror Wink

09-10-2012, 01:08 AM
AW: RE: Why do the wastes of flesh have all the money?
(08-10-2012 10:31 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Additionally, I never suggested that psychopathy is an inherantly bad thing. Socially frowned upon, perhaps, but not objectively "bad".
Is there anything that is objectively bad? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-10-2012, 01:31 AM
RE: AW: Why do the wastes of flesh have all the money?
(09-10-2012 01:08 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 10:31 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Additionally, I never suggested that psychopathy is an inherantly bad thing. Socially frowned upon, perhaps, but not objectively "bad".
Is there anything that is objectively bad? Consider

Nope. Nor anything objectively good.

09-10-2012, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 09:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
'Cause they got some seriously fucked up misplaced priorities. ... You don't "win" if you got the most toys when you cease to be. You just ain't no more. It's no big deal, you've been there before. They're as fucked-up delusional as the fucking Christians. Hell, many of them are Christians who think they get to take shit with them into the abyss. ... just ... fucking ... clueless. ... We go into the abyss naked and alone, same way we fucking came out of it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.