Why do theists accept an evil act if something good happens from it ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: Why do theists accept an evil act if something good happens from it ?
(20-05-2014 04:15 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 02:19 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I've seen this so many times that it tends to boggle my mind.
I get the idea of looking for a silver lining when all around you is destroyed, but the idea that a god "planned" all this destruction just so little Timmy would survive and grow up to be a doctor who in turn saves 10 people before he himself is hit by a bus.

Fucking Nuts

Christians love a good story about death & destruction if one ounce of something good comes out of it.
It's as if they don't believe in a god, especially an all powerful one who could PREVENT all that death & destruction.

Mentally they rationalize it all with the words "That's god's plan"
Let me get this straight, you're OK with a plan that kills people by the millions if something good comes from it.

I prefer the plan in which millions aren't killed and good things still happen...Too much to ask ? especially from an all powerful god whom you say loves you, but yet shows this love by killing all your family members in a tornado. Oh but wait, most of your family is atheist and that baby wasn't baptized so ummmm, ya they get to be tortured for the next 100,000 billion years. Oh no, wait, my mistakes..........I meant to say FOR EVER.

PS. I love you

Damn fucking insane I tell ya.

Because Christians will always twist something into what they want it to be to make themselves and their god look good, and anybody who doesn't follow their religion to look bad:

Christian has his house blown away by a tornado. Christian says: "I lived because God protected me, thank you God!"

Atheist has his house blown away by a tornado, but survives. Christian says: "Your house got blown away because God is punishing you for being an atheist!"

Of course, even when other Christians are the ones suffering from some tragedy, they still have no problem using that as an excuse to explain why their religious beliefs should be forced on others. Jerry Falwell used Hurricane Katrina for this purpose. He said "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

Yeah, Jerry. If that is the case, then how come almost all the people that died in the hurricane were CHRISTIANS you fucking moron?! If I recall correctly, Denmark has the highest percentage of atheists among it's population (I think it's over 80% of the country's population). Yet, God didn't send Hurricane Katrina to Denmark. He sent it to kill a bunch of people in the U.S. - a nation that, at the time, was over 90% Christian! Yeah, that makes a lot of fucking sense Jerry! If that's how your god works, then he's a fucking imbecile!

Then you have the whole "God's plan" bullshit. Another hypocritical bullshit explanation used by Christians: "Well, it just wasn't in God's plan, and he's the only one that knows his divine plan!" Well, for a bunch of people who claim that only their god knows his divine plan, they certainly love to speak for him whenever they fucking please! I always want to tell them "If only God knows his plan, then maybe you should stop saying 'God did this or that because blah, blah, blah..." and stop speaking for him and shut the fuck up!" One second it's "Nobody knows God's plan", the next second they're a fucking expert on what God is doing and why.

I don't know if it is even possible for Christians to be more hypocritical than they already are.

For a post that wasn't intended to be funny, it sure did make me laugh! So true and so well put.

Quote:"If only God knows his plan, then maybe you should stop saying 'God did this or that because blah, blah, blah..." and stop speaking for him and shut the fuck up!"
Priceless. Laugh out load

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
21-05-2014, 11:30 AM
(20-05-2014 04:15 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Of course, even when other Christians are the ones suffering from some tragedy, they still have no problem using that as an excuse to explain why their religious beliefs should be forced on others. Jerry Falwell used Hurricane Katrina for this purpose. He said "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

Yeah, Jerry. If that is the case, then how come almost all the people that died in the hurricane were CHRISTIANS you fucking moron?! If I recall correctly, Denmark has the highest percentage of atheists among it's population (I think it's over 80% of the country's population). Yet, God didn't send Hurricane Katrina to Denmark. He sent it to kill a bunch of people in the U.S. - a nation that, at the time, was over 90% Christian! Yeah, that makes a lot of fucking sense Jerry! If that's how your god works, then he's a fucking imbecile!

Of course.

If there's a better indicator of an omnipotent divine intervention than a hurricane happening in hurricane prone areas in hurricane season, I haven't heard of it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
21-05-2014, 11:39 AM
(21-05-2014 11:30 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 04:15 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Of course, even when other Christians are the ones suffering from some tragedy, they still have no problem using that as an excuse to explain why their religious beliefs should be forced on others. Jerry Falwell used Hurricane Katrina for this purpose. He said "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

Of course.

If there's a better indicator of an omnipotent divine intervention than a hurricane happening in hurricane prone areas in hurricane season, I haven't heard of it.

No, the better indicator is that a hurricane happened in a hurricane-prone area during hurricane season, but when it demolished everything I own and everything I've been working for my whole life, it miraculously spared my life - thanks to Jesus!

(also thanks to the fact that I evacuated to a point 300 miles north and waited out the storm, because meteorologists using science told me that the storm was coming in time for me to get myself and my family to safety, but I'll still thank Jesus anyway!)

That's the ultimate indicator of omnipotent divine intervention.

(note: that's a reference to a fictional self; I've never been personally affected by a hurricane)
(further note: I have Jesus to thank for my hurricane-free life. In Utah. So thanks, Jesus!)

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
21-05-2014, 11:56 AM
I'll always be impressed by the thought gymnastics a theist can do to make things fit their mold.

(Side-note) *poke poke* Aseptic skeptic.....O.o Are you really there?

Is this real life?
21-05-2014, 12:12 PM
(21-05-2014 11:56 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'll always be impressed by the thought gymnastics a theist can do to make things fit their mold.

Is this real life?

Am I really here? Well, yes, I think so. Therefore I am, right? Unless I'm just a figment of your imagination...

Is this life real? The answer is out there, Hobbitgirl, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to. Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, are you the only one who's real and we're all just a figment of your imagination?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
21-05-2014, 12:19 PM
(21-05-2014 12:12 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 11:56 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'll always be impressed by the thought gymnastics a theist can do to make things fit their mold.

Is this real life?

Am I really here? Well, yes, I think so. Therefore I am, right? Unless I'm just a figment of your imagination...

Is this life real? The answer is out there, Hobbitgirl, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to. Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, are you the only one who's real and we're all just a figment of your imagination?

Thats so...deep. Shocking

*Laughs* It's good to see you man.
21-05-2014, 07:39 PM
(21-05-2014 12:12 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  

Is this real life?

[Image: 1399735823470.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Lol, Mockingbird, you need a picture of Trinity in there too; the first half of my quote/misquote was hers.