Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(04-02-2016 11:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Does this mean Q is going? Yay! Big Grin

No Undecided It's all Bucky's fault. Q's diagnosed him as demon possessed and keeps trying stronger and stronger incantations of meaningless drivel to drive the demon out, but he did promise to fuck off for good if Buckster would say "Jesus is Lord" in one post. I wonder if we could get Stark to make it binding - witness the agreement, and agree that as soon as Bucky says the word Q gets banned? I mean technically we have his promise as a Christian but we all know what those are worth, so no harm in making sure he keeps the promise right?

If we can do that it's a very small price to pay.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
05-02-2016, 05:31 AM
(04-02-2016 01:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 06:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  The majority doesn't engage in conversation with you.

Personally, I am neither angry nor bitter. I don't much care for you because I don't sense any empathy in you.

Look at the picture you sign your posts with, urging people to kill themselves on a dare, then tell me you are neither angry nor bitter. I just take a lot of guff because TTA members wear their pain on their sleeves.

[Image: 8KxLF3H.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 14 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-02-2016, 05:50 AM
(04-02-2016 01:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Look at the picture you sign your posts with, urging people to kill themselves on a dare, then tell me you are neither angry nor bitter. I just take a lot of guff because TTA members wear their pain on their sleeves.

Holy fuck, you are as dense as a piece of depleted uranium. Facepalm

I'd try to actually explain sarcasm, wit, or humor to you; if I had even the slightest inclining that you'd actually understand said explanation. Unfortunately your history here has made it abundantly clear that such an endeavor would be a staggering waste of my time.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-02-2016, 06:33 AM
(05-02-2016 12:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  
but he did promise to fuck off for good if Buckster would say "Jesus is Lord" in one post.

See Bucky, it's not that hard. Q never said you couldn't put quotation marks around the words.
[+] 3 users Like jason_delisle's post
05-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Actually, in the past, ... when discussing going to church, I've always said I could actually recite most any one of the creeds, and feel perfectly comfortable doing it.
I just translate the words into what they mean to me. Everyone who repeats words, references in their own mind, what meanings they have for them, including members of the 33,000 sects of Christians. Francis of Assisi had his things he thought were most important, Therese of Lisieux had hers, John of the Cross had his, the members of Suscipe Dummy Knee (Domine) have theirs, etc. They were and are, very different, with a few common threads, When talking about a "god", all that really means in 2016, (since the concept of "romantic love" arose in the West in the Arthurian legends and also was epitomized by the "mother goddess" - Mary, (and empathy / "chivalry") in the Medieval period, morphed more and more into the present day "god is love"), which is, ..... "god is what we value the most" ... which are relationships. In the sense that Paul (the founder of Christianity Paulianity said "the greatest of these is love", I guess that can mean some of us may be able to see ourselves as "Christians" without too many contortions and no actual deity needed. I'm willing to say it three times, and spin around, just as soon as Q tells us what is a *lord*, in 2016. I hope he knows, my demon could make me type that, and he would have no way of knowing. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-02-2016, 09:44 AM
(05-02-2016 09:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually, in the past, ... when discussing going to church, I've always said I could actually recite most any one of the creeds, and feel perfectly comfortable doing it.
I just translate the words into what they mean to me. Everyone who repeats words, references in their own mind, what meanings they have for them, including members of the 33,000 sects of Christians. Francis of Assisi had his things he thought were most important, Therese of Lisieux had hers, John of the Cross had his, the members of Suscipe Dummy Knee (Domine) have theirs, etc. They were and are, very different, with a few common threads, When talking about a "god", all that really means in 2016, (since the concept of "romantic love" arose in the West in the Arthurian legends and also was epitomized by the "mother goddess" - Mary, (and empathy / "chivalry") in the Medieval period, morphed more and more into the present day "god is love"), which is, ..... "god is what we value the most" ... which are relationships. In the sense that Paul (the founder of Christianity Paulianity said "the greatest of these is love", I guess that can mean some of us may be able to see ourselves as "Christians" without too many contortions and no actual deity needed. I'm willing to say it three times, and spin around, just as soon as Q tells us what is a *lord*, in 2016. I hope he knows, my demon could make me type that, and he would have no way of knowing. Tongue

[Image: 13-Lets-Use-The-Magic-WordsLMSZ-350x259.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-02-2016, 10:10 AM
(05-02-2016 05:31 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: 8KxLF3H.jpg]

*sniff, sniff* "He touched... my brain! I God, I feel so violated! Every night, the cognitive dissonance makes me lose sleep!"

(05-02-2016 09:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: 13-Lets-Use-The-Magic-WordsLMSZ-350x259.jpg]

A bit off topic, but as a Dungeons and Dragons player, I always chuckle at the benediction in my wife's church. Between the holy water they dip their hands in, the gesture they make by holding their hands out, and the very specific line they recite, I can see the material, somatic, and verbal components of their spell. I'm pretty sure each week, I get a +1 moral bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear. Sadly, I think the duration expires by the time I get home...
[+] 12 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-02-2016, 10:18 AM
(04-02-2016 11:32 PM)enochian Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 01:08 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'd be happy to tell KC on a PM why he gets what he gets from TTA. I'd be happy to tell you I don't (perhaps) have special demonic discernment. But I do recognize that per the scriptures, you are not being led by a clean spirit since you are utterly unable to type Jesus Christ, let alone Jesus Christ is Lord. Prove me wrong. I've further said if you will type Jesus Christ is Lord rather than have a helper type for you I will leave TTA. I pray you will be saved, though, and I do have empathy for you, yes. In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind the spirits that hold you prisoner to sexual immorality, idolatry and pride. Praise Jesus now and be free, I pray!

Jesus is not the original Greek or Aramaic pronunciation.

So Jesus is a meaningless name.

Not this again. Your superstition is even stupider than Q's.
05-02-2016, 10:27 AM
(05-02-2016 12:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  

No Undecided It's all Bucky's fault. Q's diagnosed him as demon possessed and keeps trying stronger and stronger incantations of meaningless drivel to drive the demon out, but he did promise to fuck off for good if Buckster would say "Jesus is Lord" in one post. I wonder if we could get Stark to make it binding - witness the agreement, and agree that as soon as Bucky says the word Q gets banned? I mean technically we have his promise as a Christian but we all know what those are worth, so no harm in making sure he keeps the promise right?

If we can do that it's a very small price to pay.

Bucky's post can just be deleted once Q is gone.

But then if Q is gone, who is going to save you?
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
05-02-2016, 10:46 AM
(05-02-2016 10:10 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  A bit off topic, but as a Dungeons and Dragons player, I always chuckle at the benediction in my wife's church. Between the holy water they dip their hands in, the gesture they make by holding their hands out, and the very specific line they recite, I can see the material, somatic, and verbal components of their spell. I'm pretty sure each week, I get a +1 moral bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear. Sadly, I think the duration expires by the time I get home...

Still OT:

You gave me an idea for a new meme.

[Image: 73AeJsr.jpg?1]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post