Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(05-02-2016 02:20 PM)enochian Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 02:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yabut, why?

Its simply what the Gospels state in multiple places.

So the omnipotent, omniscient, all loving god cannot/will not forgive?

If he cannot forgive, he is not omnipotent.

If he will not forgive, he is not all-loving.

If he did not foresee this happening, he is not omniscient.

If your god could forgive, but won't and did foresee this situation but created it anyway... That's just fucking sadistic.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-02-2016, 02:39 PM
(05-02-2016 02:05 PM)xieulong Wrote:  Buddhist nut vs. Christian nut, which will crack first? Hah!

Left nut, right nut, who's the dick in the middle?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-02-2016, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 03:02 PM by TheInquisition.)
(05-02-2016 02:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 01:43 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So... you won't type Jesus Christ is Lord, then? You PREFER I stick around to point out your nonsense?

If I type "Jebus is Lard" do we get a 2 week vacation from you ?
That should be worth *something*, no ? Close enough ?
I really could care less what you do, Queue. Your Fundie shit is almost too easy to refute, so you're not a challenge in the slightest. Your parroted pre-canned "stuf", we've all heard a million times.

My nurse friends in clinic triage answer calls in their queue. They call it the "qwee-wee". That's a good name for you.

I seem to remember Q said that god sent him here to proselytize, he's apparently willing to disobey god if you demonstrate a submissive attitude towards his religion in a post. So does he not really believe god sent him here or is he going to disobey god if you do this act of submission? Or is he simply lying about god sending him here and/or leaving if you perform this act of submission? Laugh out load

Perhaps submission is what Q's god is really all about.....

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
05-02-2016, 03:12 PM
So, Q is here to save Bucky.

I didn't realize Q actually believed people had demons.

Bucky gets a special messenger from god to help him rid himself of his demon, and he has been given the magic words.

Waiting for the next chapter.... Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-02-2016, 03:20 PM
(05-02-2016 02:20 PM)enochian Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 02:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yabut, why?

Its simply what the Gospels state in multiple places.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't answer the question as to why it is unforgivable.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-02-2016, 03:22 PM
(05-02-2016 02:59 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Perhaps submission is what Q's god is really all about.....

Have you read the babble?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-02-2016, 03:34 PM
(05-02-2016 03:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 02:20 PM)enochian Wrote:  Its simply what the Gospels state in multiple places.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't answer the question as to why it is unforgivable.

Dr. Richard Carrier thinks the verses are responding to some rival Christian sect.

Remember the Gospels are written after the authentic letters of Paul, etc.
05-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Yet another poem by Julep: for Bucky and Q

Jesus is Lord of some assholes, like Q.
Christ's Dad'll send you straight to hell, unless you
Repent and all of your evils eschew.

Eschew!! Eschew!!!

Bless you…oh please do
take this tissue...
[+] 11 users Like julep's post
05-02-2016, 03:56 PM
(05-02-2016 02:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If I type "Jebus is Lard" do we get a 2 week vacation from you ?

Now, if you won't do it for his sake (and why the fuck would you - stringing along his delusions is, as I said, tragically comedic), would you at least consider it for the benefit of the forum at large?

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
05-02-2016, 05:55 PM
(05-02-2016 12:06 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Good analysis, but word is that his father is GM so don't criticize guy too much. Otherwise you know, rock falls everybody dies.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus