Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
Quote:I think I am supposed to be here to some extent. Not necessarily to help others, but perhaps to strengthen my own resolve and/ or test it.

Wouldnt that be selfish? How is that compatible with christian belief?
Wouldnt that be a kind of anti-social, to talk to people, but not care about them at all, instead just to care about (reinforcing) your own belief?
Wouldnt it be despicable to use other human beings as a means solely for your personal gain? Once again: How is that compatible with christian doctrine?
Why arent you interested in your fellow human beings on this forum?
Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
10-02-2016, 10:47 AM
(10-02-2016 10:23 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 10:10 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Bs. If I state that a child cannot speak I can show that to be the case.

If I say someone is a danger to themselves of society I should be able to show those things. Is I say you are a dumb Ass then I should be able to show that as well. What differentiates opinion from fact? Evidence right? So if ones opinion of me is that I a dumb Ass then they should be able to support that claim making it closer to factual than opinion.

Ironic, when you make so many conclusions based from subjective experience with no evidence.Drinking Beverage

People make subjective assessments about other people all of the time, if enough people agree with these subjective assessments, then it becomes your problem.

People dismiss the things you say, the things you believe, the way you come to conclusions.

Would you care to guess where you fall in that spectrum on this forum?

Here's your chance to be honest.......
And still just because a majority shares an opinion it doesn't make it true. Look at all th religions, they all Believe in god in some fashion but don't agree on stupid shit. Also if herd mentality rules the day and makes opinion fact then why are you atheist?

Your statement is a display of idiocy and hypocrisy at best.
10-02-2016, 10:52 AM
(10-02-2016 10:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 10:23 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Ironic, when you make so many conclusions based from subjective experience with no evidence.Drinking Beverage

People make subjective assessments about other people all of the time, if enough people agree with these subjective assessments, then it becomes your problem.

People dismiss the things you say, the things you believe, the way you come to conclusions.

Also if herd mentality rules the day and makes opinion fact then why are you atheist?

Because of lack of evidence of any gods, however, I understand that there is a qualitative difference between subjective feels and scientific evidence.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
10-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Deesse23,
Wouldn't what be selfish? I said not necessarily. As in not only, as in I think I can help others and myself.

Never said I didn't care about people in any way shape or form, quite the contrary. Again not solely for my gain. But for growth and understanding for all.

I am very much interested in others and empathetic towards them. How did I say otherwise? Please don't connect dots that aren't even there to draw a picture of me.

Thank you,
Peace
10-02-2016, 10:55 AM
(10-02-2016 10:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 10:23 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Ironic, when you make so many conclusions based from subjective experience with no evidence.Drinking Beverage

What spectrum?

Many here either claim I am nuts or stupid in order to not address my points. Thing is one can be dumb or crazy, yet seldom both.

I have faith in your abilities to multitask. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
10-02-2016, 10:57 AM
(10-02-2016 08:38 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Of course you can rationally speak of possibilities without evidence. All scientific theory is just that.

The definition of scientific theory has been explained to you (and other theists as well) multiple times. Chas in fact just posted the definition again for you.

Why were (until now) you not making use of the correct definition of this term in your posts?
Are you unable to absorb the given info?
Are you unwilling to absorb the info?
Do you not care about this info (are you sloppy)?
etc.
Huh
10-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Quote:Grow up, Q. You are a disgrace to the human race, and civilized people.

And... you like having me troll here, and therefore are unwilling to type "Jesus Christ is Lord!" on a reply because you are not demon-possessed in any way.

Perhaps it is I'm wrong regarding the doctrine of free will. You cannot help yourself to step out in "faith" to help TTA members.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2016, 11:01 AM
(10-02-2016 10:55 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 10:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What spectrum?

Many here either claim I am nuts or stupid in order to not address my points. Thing is one can be dumb or crazy, yet seldom both.

Cute, but someone with low cognitive capacities wouldn't even catch that, nor would they be able to be crazy so much as just slow.

I'm still waiting for anyone to show that I am indeed dumb(not ignorant) and/ or psychotic.

Different, yeah.

Lacking a "higher education", sure.

Those things don't equate to y'all's claims though.
10-02-2016, 11:03 AM
(08-02-2016 02:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So, you would say you are a healthy, non-demon possessed man, yet you are physically/psychically unable to type less than a half-dozen words to rid me from these forums? Are you a masochist, then?

Oh, for crying out loud, Q!

Jesus is Lord!

So now I lied so you would be happy. I said something I don't believe, and you don't ever see me doing that. But, just for you! Does it satisfy?

I asked BB because I know where BB "is at". But thank you. It does my heart good to hear you saying this...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2016, 11:03 AM
(10-02-2016 10:55 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 10:43 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What spectrum?

Can a dumbass even multitask? I mean according to many here it would be doubtful that I could count past my digits.