Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(10-02-2016 06:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 05:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Since the Theory of Gravity is "just a theory" Pops, please walk out a 50 story window and we'll see how factual you find this "just a theory". K ?
Gravity is a law, Ass.
So much for ol pops being an ignoramouse incapable grasping the scientific method. Evidently the same cannot be said about you.

It's both, ass.
BTW, you spelled "ignoramus" incorrectly, you ignoramus.
http://thehappyscientist.com/science-exp...ory-or-law

BTW, no one missed you. Get lost.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-02-2016, 08:30 PM
(10-02-2016 07:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 06:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Gravity is a law, Ass.
So much for ol pops being an ignoramouse incapable grasping the scientific method. Evidently the same cannot be said about you.

It's both, ass.

I'd miss him.

#sigh
10-02-2016, 09:17 PM
(10-02-2016 08:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 07:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's both, ass.

I'd miss him.

Find out what christ-puncher site he frequents and visit him there! Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
10-02-2016, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 09:36 PM by Fireball.)
(10-02-2016 05:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Since the Theory of Gravity is "just a theory" Pops, please walk out a 50 story window and we'll see how factual you find this "just a theory". K ?
Gravity is a law, Ass.

Your lack of understanding of the scientific process is appalling. If all that science is just a theory (in your description a "guess"), you can just turn every electronic gadget you own over to someone else. You live by skimming on top of the results of the deep understanding of scientists, mathematicians, chemists and engineers, using the technology while steadfastly refusing to admit that the (scientific) method they use works. Pathetic troll. You're a builder? Do you use nails? At some point in mankind's past, someone figured out that an iron nail would hold pieces of wood together more efficiently. It sure as fuck wasn't a god-botherer like you or your personally acknowledged intermediary between the "heavenly cosmos" and you. Hmmm, I recall that your god can't handle iron. Guess you should eschew iron structures from now on.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
10-02-2016, 09:35 PM
(10-02-2016 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 07:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No shit
I was referring to Newton's law of gravity.

A scientific law is a mathematical description of behavior and is man-made.
A scientific theory is an explanation of the causes and effects of the behavior based on evidence.

Quote:Not the theory of general relativity by Einstein.

No one mentioned that, did they? Consider
Why are you bringing that up?

Relativistic Straw Man for the win? Evil_monster
10-02-2016, 10:10 PM
(10-02-2016 03:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  By the way; if I'm equivacating or whatever then why is the THEORY of evolution given as an example?
I actually believe in evolution, and there is some evidence for it...but it's still a theory.

How do people not get that?

Rhetorical

Oh for fucks sake.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
10-02-2016, 11:50 PM
Gravity is a law, Ass.

[Image: c14.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
10-02-2016, 11:58 PM
(10-02-2016 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 07:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No shit
I was referring to Newton's law of gravity.

A scientific law is a mathematical description of behavior and is man-made.
A scientific theory is an explanation of the causes and effects of the behavior based on evidence.

Quote:Not the theory of general relativity by Einstein.

No one mentioned that, did they? Consider
Why are you bringing that up?
Because that is the theory of gravity. I brought it up because I was told to jump out of a window because gravity was just a theory. However, it isn't just a theory, it is also a law.
11-02-2016, 12:00 AM
(10-02-2016 09:17 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 08:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'd miss him.

Find out what christ-puncher site he frequents and visit him there! Yes
What is a Christ puncher?
11-02-2016, 12:02 AM
(10-02-2016 09:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 06:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Gravity is a law, Ass.

Your lack of understanding of the scientific process is appalling. If all that science is just a theory (in your description a "guess"), you can just turn every electronic gadget you own over to someone else. You live by skimming on top of the results of the deep understanding of scientists, mathematicians, chemists and engineers, using the technology while steadfastly refusing to admit that the (scientific) method they use works. Pathetic troll. You're a builder? Do you use nails? At some point in mankind's past, someone figured out that an iron nail would hold pieces of wood together more efficiently. It sure as fuck wasn't a god-botherer like you or your personally acknowledged intermediary between the "heavenly cosmos" and you. Hmmm, I recall that your god can't handle iron. Guess you should eschew iron structures from now on.
I never said I was against science or learning through science. Stop adding to what I say please.