Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2016, 06:50 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(11-02-2016 03:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's been two days and it seems now that somehow a scientific law is nearly synonymous to with a scientific theory. I'm done. I accept defeat on this topic, though I'm still slightly confused.

Peace

THIS is why you are ridiculed.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2016, 07:26 PM
(11-02-2016 06:50 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 03:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's been two days and it seems now that somehow a scientific law is nearly synonymous to with a scientific theory. I'm done. I accept defeat on this topic, though I'm still slightly confused.

Peace

THIS is why you are ridiculed.
Yeah it was kinda sorta cleared up earlier. I was thinking that laws where without change or possibility of change because there was no doubt whatsoever to their validity. Evidently, that isn't the case.
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
11-02-2016, 09:11 PM
(11-02-2016 06:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 06:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, they are not. White light is a mixture of wavelengths while black is the absence of light.

OK.

That is sort of true for pigments but utterly untrue for light.

Well, sure.
I didn't mean they were literally exactly the same but that both contain. The full spectrum of color

No, they don't.

Quote:and in that regard saying that someone is viewings things as if all is black and white could mean anything.

No, it can't.

Quote:Not that I don't understand the term, was just being difficult I guess, and have a good grasp on color and art.

No, you don't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-02-2016, 10:22 PM
(11-02-2016 09:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 06:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I didn't mean they were literally exactly the same but that both contain. The full spectrum of color

No, they don't.

Quote:and in that regard saying that someone is viewings things as if all is black and white could mean anything.

No, it can't.

Quote:Not that I don't understand the term, was just being difficult I guess, and have a good grasp on color and art.

No, you don't.
No, really, I do.
11-02-2016, 11:31 PM
(11-02-2016 03:40 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
Quote:Also, it's kind of difficult to learn when constantly ridiculed. I have stated that I can learn and that I am in no way a scientist or versed in specific terminologies so why continue being negative. I'm actually open to learn of what I don't know, but that openness is stifled by repeated negativity.

We have had so many malicious trolls here that many of us instinctively treat theists badly. I agree that it is wrong to do this as a general rule, and I try to resist the temptation (not always successfully).

I will make no apology for ridiculing the ridiculous Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
11-02-2016, 11:33 PM
(11-02-2016 10:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, really, I do.

Are you fucking 5 years old? Colour doesn't work that way. If you don't want to be ridiculed for being stupid, *don't be stupid*. It's simple yet you can't seem to grasp the concept.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Quote:The absence of light causes all to seem black.

Not necessarily.
Black can be the absence of light or the complete absorption of light, (ie non reflected).
You have no understanding of light and the spectrum.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-02-2016, 07:15 AM
(11-02-2016 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 10:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, really, I do.

Are you fucking 5 years old? Colour doesn't work that way. If you don't want to be ridiculed for being stupid, *don't be stupid*. It's simple yet you can't seem to grasp the concept.
Color does work that way. Do yourself a favor and get some paint. You don't need all colors, just the primaries are sufficient. Now take equal parts of the three and mix them. You will get black.

Now, observe a rainbow or prism. Sun light or white light refracted in a prism will give all colors.

White is a hue, and black is a shade.

They aren't technically the same but both hold hold all colors.
12-02-2016, 07:16 AM
(11-02-2016 11:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
Quote:The absence of light causes all to seem black.

Not necessarily.
Black can be the absence of light or the complete absorption of light, (ie non reflected).
Same thing. Pretty much.
12-02-2016, 07:27 AM
(12-02-2016 07:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 11:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not necessarily.
Same thing. Pretty much.

Except they are totally different, *pretty much*. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.