Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(13-02-2016 08:56 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  They are all peaceable and give the same message. Read the whole book instead of picking negativity out of context to support your view.

Says the fool who picks and chooses just the parts that support his own claims and ignores anything that disagrees. It is really sad to see anybody SO deeply mired in delusion. You need help Pops. Get some.

I'm still waiting for what you label as the law of Moses

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-02-2016, 10:11 AM
(13-02-2016 09:09 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 09:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A parable, and a metaphore still have meaning, in fact, more so than literal interpretation. Why would a parable mean it isn't the will of GOD or God inspired. Christ spoke pretty much only in parables and is of GOD.

Are you this dense? You literally are making a presumption into your conclusion right there.

"Jesus spoke in parabales and is god"(You don't know that ya clod) This is just based on the biblical claims.. which uses metaphors and parables.

This ALL is ONLY based on the bible itself. SO you're saying because the bible uses parables it shows that parables have the will of god. Because the bible proclaims it...

There is nothing outside to give you context to believe it in your statement.

So you're claiming not ALL of the bible is metaphor and parable. You said others reading of hte bible is flawed for taking it literal. You are taking it LITERAL to think it is literally saying Jesus is God instead of that being merely metaphorical and just a message of goodness for people written without literal meaning. All you are doing is saying, Oh I pick and choose these parts but they pick and choose (The WRONG parts) to take literal.
Sorry, didn't read the whole thing.

I didn't say Jesus was GOD.

I didn't see a need to read any further.

Was just stating that a parable, riddle, entendres is not void of knowledge, but has capacity for multiple truths.
13-02-2016, 10:11 AM
(13-02-2016 09:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You're missing what I am trying to convey.

The will of God is not mine own, but was given to me, by his grace and mercy. Me... I fight it in the ways this fool tries to explain.
How dare I claim the will of Creator is my will? I cannot.

Even when I cut this beast loose by God's will, I still won't be worth, or look for reward. The reward is in the doing, the changing. The newness of the unrecognized vessel is by definition not mine. Though I do attempt to embrace it.

It's not been loosed, and as such drags me through the winds and breaks me. Though it will not kill me, but makes me more stout.

Ultimately, it has shit to do with me.

I am thankful to GOD and do recognize many things that where in me prior to what happened, but even still, all is ultimately the will of GOD. I didn't form myself. In fact my thought and drive brought me to the knowledge of the opposite of life.

Hard to explain.

Peace

[Image: spot-the-looney-01.jpg?w=300&h=263]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
13-02-2016, 10:16 AM
(13-02-2016 10:06 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 08:56 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  They are all peaceable and give the same message. Read the whole book instead of picking negativity out of context to support your view.

Says the fool who picks and chooses just the parts that support his own claims and ignores anything that disagrees. It is really sad to see anybody SO deeply mired in delusion. You need help Pops. Get some.

I'm still waiting for what you label as the law of Moses
The law is placed on the heart and mind. I could go through the things I know are sin for me, but that wouldn't really help you.

If you want to post what you consider law of Moses then I will explain them.

Might even do it myself, but not right now.

Peace
13-02-2016, 10:17 AM
(13-02-2016 10:11 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 09:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You're missing what I am trying to convey.

The will of God is not mine own, but was given to me, by his grace and mercy. Me... I fight it in the ways this fool tries to explain.
How dare I claim the will of Creator is my will? I cannot.

Even when I cut this beast loose by God's will, I still won't be worth, or look for reward. The reward is in the doing, the changing. The newness of the unrecognized vessel is by definition not mine. Though I do attempt to embrace it.

It's not been loosed, and as such drags me through the winds and breaks me. Though it will not kill me, but makes me more stout.

Ultimately, it has shit to do with me.

I am thankful to GOD and do recognize many things that where in me prior to what happened, but even still, all is ultimately the will of GOD. I didn't form myself. In fact my thought and drive brought me to the knowledge of the opposite of life.

Hard to explain.

Peace

[Image: spot-the-looney-01.jpg?w=300&h=263]
Called it
13-02-2016, 11:05 AM
(13-02-2016 10:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 10:11 AM)unfogged Wrote:  [Image: spot-the-looney-01.jpg?w=300&h=263]
Called it

Called what? That you would be considered a complete lunatic? Where did you call it?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2016, 11:06 AM
(13-02-2016 10:11 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 09:09 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Are you this dense? You literally are making a presumption into your conclusion right there.

"Jesus spoke in parabales and is god"(You don't know that ya clod) This is just based on the biblical claims.. which uses metaphors and parables.

This ALL is ONLY based on the bible itself. SO you're saying because the bible uses parables it shows that parables have the will of god. Because the bible proclaims it...

There is nothing outside to give you context to believe it in your statement.

So you're claiming not ALL of the bible is metaphor and parable. You said others reading of hte bible is flawed for taking it literal. You are taking it LITERAL to think it is literally saying Jesus is God instead of that being merely metaphorical and just a message of goodness for people written without literal meaning. All you are doing is saying, Oh I pick and choose these parts but they pick and choose (The WRONG parts) to take literal.
Sorry, didn't read the whole thing.

I didn't say Jesus was GOD.

I didn't see a need to read any further.

Was just stating that a parable, riddle, entendres is not void of knowledge, but has capacity for multiple truths.

A deepity from pops right there.
Red is red.
Like, wow, man.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-02-2016, 11:20 AM
(13-02-2016 08:56 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 08:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You changed the goal posts here pops. No one was talking about "a law". YOU claimed all scriptures were peaceful.

We just proved you wrong. In fact we proved your stupid god demanded the killing of innocents. You are so delusional.

Why are you here ? Oh ..... dancing bear. I forgot.
They are all peaceable and give the same message. Read the whole book instead of picking negativity out of context to support your view.

Even Jesus said he will come with a sword. Taken out of context sounds pretty bad. But if you have any real knowledge of the bible to understand that the word of GOD is the sword and no where is the word of GOD to kill any, but to strike men down severing evil from good which lies in us all.

Nice try. All rationalizations. You're re-interpreting words that clearly were put there to suit your prejudices. (Also you are no scholar of the Bible. You are incompetent to even begin to discuss it).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Curiosity.

*How in the world one could someone deny the glory of god? All one has to do is look at the wonders of the world around us, sentience, LIFE, and see this couldn't have been an accidental pairing of some gases and bacteria which evolved into the brilliant beings humans are. Let me go see what these heathens are saying so I can laugh at their epic ignorance. Perhaps I can be a warrior for god and teach them the errors of their ways.*

Denial.

They fight to suppress the doubt that ALL who are infected with faith must have at some degree or another. In my opinion and in my experience, the louder one screams about the glory of god, the harder they are trying to convince themselves, and everyone else, that they truly believe....all in an attempt to silence the growing doubt that wiggles deep in their pysche.

*Perhaps I can go forth into an atheist forum, and make much noise, to prove to myself they haven't a clue, and that I hold the "true" TRUTH.*

Fear.

*If god finds out I have doubts, I may spend eternity in hell. Perhaps I will join an atheist forum and bloviate with great gusto about the glory of god, the inerrancy of the bible, and smugly teach the nonbelievers how shallow, unloved, and doomed to hell they are if they don't accept jesus christ the lord as their savior.*

*I may even invite some of my fellow infected with faith peers to come by as guests so they can watch me battle the satan worshippers, which will convince them of my true allegiance to the trinity.*

The psychological profile of those that embrace this nonsense is intriguing to me.

Rolleyes

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
13-02-2016, 12:11 PM
(13-02-2016 10:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you want to post what you consider law of Moses then I will explain them.

Moses never existed.

Instead let's discuss the law of Spider Man...or perhaps bigfoot....or any other fabricated character.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post