Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(13-02-2016 12:11 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 10:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you want to post what you consider law of Moses then I will explain them.

Moses never existed.

Instead let's discuss the law of Spider Man...or perhaps bigfoot....or any other fabricated character.

The Law of The Joker:

[Image: OerOKgV.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
13-02-2016, 01:40 PM
(13-02-2016 12:11 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 10:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you want to post what you consider law of Moses then I will explain them.

Moses never existed.

Instead let's discuss the law of Spider Man...or perhaps bigfoot....or any other fabricated character.

Bullshit, Spiderman exists. I know, I have a book about him.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
13-02-2016, 01:51 PM
(13-02-2016 01:40 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 12:11 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Moses never existed.

Bullshit, Spiderman exists. I know, I have a book about him.

Yes! Spiderman exists! Drinking Beverage
But I worship Carnage! Evil_monster

Laugh out load Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
13-02-2016, 04:36 PM
(13-02-2016 11:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 10:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Called it

Called what? That you would be considered a complete lunatic? Where did you call it?
13-02-2016, 04:44 PM
(13-02-2016 04:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 11:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  Called what? That you would be considered a complete lunatic? Where did you call it?

You need to be more specific. I'm assuming you mean post #428 on this thread, but I don't see a prediction there.

Truth seeker.
13-02-2016, 04:46 PM
(13-02-2016 04:44 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  428

You need to be more specific. I'm assuming you mean post #428 on this thread, but I don't see a prediction there.
Last paragraph I said the was feeding people ammo towards their inclinations towards me
13-02-2016, 04:57 PM

Put up or shut up Pops. You are the one who claimed that the law of Moses did not order murder and when shown that Deuteronomy (which details the law according to Moses) does call for killing under many circumstances you tried to tap-dance around the claim.

You don't know science. You don't know scripture. You demonstrate repeatedly that you are a sad, ignorant fool who suffers from delusions. You claim that you have gotten communications from god and are able to determine what his will is and yet you consistently get even the most basic science wrong. If you are hearing from a god then it's either got a sense of humor that would be the envy of a drunk frat boy or it is as batshit insane as you appear to be.

Your religious zealotry and frequent, sudden, and dramatic personality shifts both tell me that you need to be under the care of a qualified therapist. You need serious help Pops. Get some.

Quote:Might even do it myself, but not right now.

That seems to be a recurring pattern with you. Make some ridiculous claim and, when shown repeatedly that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about you put it off and/or disappear for a few days and then come back with something else.

Answer a fucking question for once. What do you include in the law of Moses?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
13-02-2016, 05:05 PM
(13-02-2016 04:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:44 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You need to be more specific. I'm assuming you mean post #428 on this thread, but I don't see a prediction there.
Last paragraph I said the was feeding people ammo towards their inclinations towards me

You said no such thing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-02-2016, 05:30 PM
(13-02-2016 05:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Last paragraph I said the was feeding people ammo towards their inclinations towards me

You said no such thing. Drinking Beverage
Last sentence, or structure that somewhat resembles a sentence. My bad.
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
13-02-2016, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 11:19 PM by xieulong.)
(13-02-2016 07:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 10:36 PM)xieulong Wrote:  Why a new Covenant? Why a new way to understand it? Was the old way wrong or broken? This god guy wasn't very good at communication or something? All moot until someone give some actual evidence of his existence in the first place.
Yes the Torah was misinterpreted in ways and God's people we're lead astray and leading others astray.
Oh please. Why couldn't god make it so that his words are clearer? Was he inept and unable to? Didn't he have the foresight to see that unclear instructions would be "misinterpreted"? Who determines that the Torah was misinterpreted, you?

(13-02-2016 08:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 07:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  It wasn't just in war, nor were those wars just.
War usually isn't just, but at that time may have been needed that people in general could survive, learn, and grow from their lessons and mistakes.
Really? Murder everyone in the city, young and old, but keep the virgins for your own use. What lessons was god hoping Mosse's would learn from that? Worship me or I'll send my marauding army to come rape your kids? An all knowing, all powerful wasn't able to teach people to be kind and reasonable? Instead he taught a bunch of barbarians to be more barbarous, I don't think that was a good plan.

(13-02-2016 04:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:44 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You need to be more specific. I'm assuming you mean post #428 on this thread, but I don't see a prediction there.

It wasn't their inclination toward you. I think it was their inclinations toward your depraved justifications for a horrible belief.
[+] 4 users Like xieulong's post