Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(29-02-2016 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 12:11 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  The need for apologetics and apologists is a great argument against the existence of your god.

We can debate CS Lewis and his writings, both fiction and non-fiction.

Josh McDowell? Please. A series of inaccuracies, logical fallacies, half truths and mistakes. It would be comedic if it wasn't so nauseating.

Have you read Bart Ehrman, Richard Carrier or other secular scholars? Or have you checked out because the voices in your head already told you the truth?

I also wonder if you are aware of how staggeringly arrogant it is, for you to be implying that a god, a creator of the entire universe, is speaking to us through you.
From what I've read, I would have assumed god could do better.

It does give pause for reflection to think God chose me to speak for Him. It is humbling. However, you should know He specifically told me NOT to share with TTA members--after all, the Bible warns that the wicked who are closed to God's love offering with despise those who witness to them. Every time a mean post is made against me at TTA, it affirms the Bible. See my avatar signature for more.

I'd be compelled to laugh if I wasn't so nauseated by such arrogance.

Be glad that your deity of make believe is not real for the one you've chose to worship supposedly frowns upon pride and arrogance...though it is rather a hypocritical stance on his part. Yours is a "do as I say, not as I do" type of god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
29-02-2016, 04:54 PM
(29-02-2016 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 12:11 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  The need for apologetics and apologists is a great argument against the existence of your god.

We can debate CS Lewis and his writings, both fiction and non-fiction.

Josh McDowell? Please. A series of inaccuracies, logical fallacies, half truths and mistakes. It would be comedic if it wasn't so nauseating.

Have you read Bart Ehrman, Richard Carrier or other secular scholars? Or have you checked out because the voices in your head already told you the truth?

I also wonder if you are aware of how staggeringly arrogant it is, for you to be implying that a god, a creator of the entire universe, is speaking to us through you.
From what I've read, I would have assumed god could do better.

It does give pause for reflection to think God chose me to speak for Him. It is humbling. However, you should know He specifically told me NOT to share with TTA members--after all, the Bible warns that the wicked who are closed to God's love offering with despise those who witness to them. Every time a mean post is made against me at TTA, it affirms the Bible. See my avatar signature for more.

You are the best god could do?
Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
02-03-2016, 08:35 AM
(29-02-2016 02:10 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It does give pause for reflection to think God chose me to speak for Him. It is humbling.
Not humbling. The word is delusional. I would recommend mental evaluation by trained professionals.

(29-02-2016 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  However, you should know He specifically told me NOT to share with TTA members--after all, the Bible warns that the wicked who are closed to God's love offering with despise those who witness to them. Every time a mean post is made against me at TTA, it affirms the Bible. See my avatar signature for more.

Out of curiosity, how would you react to Abraham's test, I wonder? Since god speaks directly to you.
If god told you to kill someone to prove yourself would you?

And god's love? The love he showed to the first born of Egypt? or the Amalekites? The innocents who died during the flood? Job's family? The love of eternal damnation? Damnation for mortal sins?
Yeah, I'll pass, thanks.

And regarding your signature and the "mean" responses:
Everything you do on this forum is designed to provoke.
You troll, you prod, you stir up anger and when people respond, you play the martyr.

If you bothered to look around the site, you would see that there is more than anger. There is compassion, there is altruism, there is happiness and there is camaraderie.
That'd be one more refutation of the bible, along with the myriad of others.

On what basis do you recommend I pursue mental health counseling as a well-adjusted father, business owner and civic leader? Are you a trained health professional? I may have confused you with a bitter atheist on a forum, cursing God and your fellow men.

And if very patiently, without anger, responding to bitter, vicious atheists on a forum is "provoking them to anger" then they and not I need counseling. Do you not agree?

PS. I love you!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2016, 08:41 AM
(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And if very patiently, without anger, responding to bitter, vicious atheists on a forum is "provoking them to anger" then they and not I need counseling. Do you not agree?

Very persistently acting in a supercilious manner and running off crying "bitter atheists" whenever your butthurt is sufficiently large is quite annoying yes. You need a smack upsides the head IMO, more than counselling, but I've no doubt many a psychologist would love to analyze your blind faith and automatic rationalizations whenever the said faith is challenged.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
02-03-2016, 09:12 AM
(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  On what basis do you recommend I pursue mental health counseling as a well-adjusted father, business owner and civic leader? Are you a trained health professional?

This grows tiresome.

You repeatedly claimed that "god" was speaking to you. Since I am not a trained mental health professional, I recommended you seek their evaluation. Looking back at the posts, I believe I made this perfectly clear and understandable. Your avoidance of the issue and pretending not to understand is a point against you.

(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I may have confused you with a bitter atheist on a forum, cursing God and your fellow men.

Hmm. Am I bitter? Perhaps. Angry? Yes. For decades I was taught things that were patently untrue. I don't recall cursing god because that would imply a belief in such a being's existence.

(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And if very patiently, without anger, responding to bitter, vicious atheists on a forum is "provoking them to anger" then they and not I need counseling. Do you not agree?

You post arrogantly, condescendingly, dishonestly (see above) and with words and phrases specifically chosen to provoke. While there are bitter and angry atheists here, their positions are entirely justified given the deceptive nature of religion and the hypocrisy common to its adherents. Furthermore, given the inflammatory nature of your posts, I would not characterize the responders as vicious.

(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. I love you!
Good luck on that psych eval!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 6 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
02-03-2016, 10:41 AM
(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 02:10 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Not humbling. The word is delusional. I would recommend mental evaluation by trained professionals.

On what basis do you recommend I pursue mental health counseling as a well-adjusted father, business owner and civic leader? Are you a trained health professional? I may have confused you with a bitter atheist on a forum, cursing God and your fellow men.

And if very patiently, without anger, responding to bitter, vicious atheists on a forum is "provoking them to anger" then they and not I need counseling. Do you not agree?

PS. I love you!

What you may claim to be in your personal life has no bearing on whether or not you need mental health counseling.

Just to give you one example: On the surface, Dennis Rader, the BTK killer (serial killer from the late 70s) was a well-adjusted father (was married and raised a couple of well-adjusted kids), had a series of steady jobs to support his family, and was a civic leader (he was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and had been elected president of the church council. He was also a Cub Scout leader.) Turns out, he REALLY needed mental health counseling!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rad...sonal_life

PS I love you??? -- I don't think Dennis Raider ever said anything as creepy as that!

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
[+] 10 users Like mgoering's post
02-03-2016, 08:11 PM
(02-03-2016 10:41 AM)mgoering Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  On what basis do you recommend I pursue mental health counseling as a well-adjusted father, business owner and civic leader? Are you a trained health professional? I may have confused you with a bitter atheist on a forum, cursing God and your fellow men.

PS. I love you!

What you may claim to be in your personal life has no bearing on whether or not you need mental health counseling.

Just to give you one example: On the surface, Dennis Rader, the BTK killer (serial killer from the late 70s) was a well-adjusted father (was married and raised a couple of well-adjusted kids), had a series of steady jobs to support his family, and was a civic leader (he was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and had been elected president of the church council. He was also a Cub Scout leader.) Turns out, he REALLY needed mental health counseling!

PS I love you??? -- I don't think Dennis Raider ever said anything as creepy as that!

That's a big ol win for mgoering.
04-03-2016, 10:08 AM
(02-03-2016 08:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Very persistently acting in a supercilious manner and running off crying "bitter atheists" whenever your butthurt is sufficiently large is quite annoying yes. You need a smack upsides the head IMO, more than counselling, but I've no doubt many a psychologist would love to analyze your blind faith and automatic rationalizations whenever the said faith is challenged.

You are reading "supercilious" into mostly sincere, patient posts with a few jokes thrown in to keep it real.

And if you tell supercilious people they need to be smacked in the head, you are somewhere between rude and needing anger management!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
04-03-2016, 10:11 AM
(02-03-2016 09:12 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  On what basis do you recommend I pursue mental health counseling as a well-adjusted father, business owner and civic leader? Are you a trained health professional?

This grows tiresome.

You repeatedly claimed that "god" was speaking to you. Since I am not a trained mental health professional, I recommended you seek their evaluation. Looking back at the posts, I believe I made this perfectly clear and understandable. Your avoidance of the issue and pretending not to understand is a point against you.

(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I may have confused you with a bitter atheist on a forum, cursing God and your fellow men.

Hmm. Am I bitter? Perhaps. Angry? Yes. For decades I was taught things that were patently untrue. I don't recall cursing god because that would imply a belief in such a being's existence.

You post arrogantly, condescendingly, dishonestly (see above) and with words and phrases specifically chosen to provoke. While there are bitter and angry atheists here, their positions are entirely justified given the deceptive nature of religion and the hypocrisy common to its adherents. Furthermore, given the inflammatory nature of your posts, I would not characterize the responders as vicious.

(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. I love you!
Good luck on that psych eval!

Why would I seek counseling for hearing from God? He's not telling me to kill people in a stadium, He tells me to share the gospel and love on people. Are you blithely unaware that the AMA and professionals consider prayer a healthy outlet in every respect?

Again, you write:

Quote:Furthermore, given the inflammatory nature of your posts, I would not characterize the responders as vicious.

You must be right, for I write "Here are some more reasons why God loves you and I love you," and I get back @##@$%@#% you and drop dead and go kill yourself.

You're right! My posts are inflammatory--for love is inflammatory to the unredeemed atheists of the world.

04-03-2016, 10:12 AM
(02-03-2016 10:41 AM)mgoering Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 08:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  On what basis do you recommend I pursue mental health counseling as a well-adjusted father, business owner and civic leader? Are you a trained health professional? I may have confused you with a bitter atheist on a forum, cursing God and your fellow men.

PS. I love you!

You're right! Based on your single anecdotal case in evidence, let's lock up every well-adjusted father in the world, just to be safe! Are YOU well-adjusted? Should we lock up the well-adjusted TTA'ers, too?