Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(03-02-2016 11:47 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 09:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  However, it is a truism that atheists who are active on atheist forums are bitter and angry. Healing is available, my friends!

Oh, Christ. I don't know why I chose to leave you off the ignore list so long, but that problem is easily corrected.

Fucking troll.

Logically speaking, and I am unanimous in this (forgive the Are You Being Served? pun) if you were angry but not bitter, you would simply put me on ignore without the angry, bitter cursing--directed at me--on a public forum.

I can't say checkmate because you are angry and bitter and not reconciled. I'll say, "repent".

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2016, 02:49 PM
(03-02-2016 02:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 10:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  That is not true. You haven't engaged in conversation with the majority here, only those who are inclined to argue with you.

The majority of us here are neither bitter nor angry, they are here to give and receive support and for entertainment, amusing bantering and learning about various things.

And of the ones who do engage with you, some may be angry, but I know of no bitter ones.

Do you honestly believe your assertions? When I post to all, that is, the majority, I sometimes get three-five pages of mean-spirited commentary.

A. Atheists are bitter.
B. You are an atheist.
C. Deductively speaking, you are bitter.

I believe your own reply to this post will demonstrate that fact. Prove me wrong.

I licked my hand, I taste salty not bitter. Your claim is false.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
03-02-2016, 02:49 PM
(03-02-2016 10:29 AM)mgoering Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 09:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The Q originally touched down on this forum to hear your rationale. When The Q shares Jesus with others The Q finds people either open or closed, but the atheists know ALL the Christian canards, so in a Hegelian synthesis The Q's already near-omniscient knowledge base grows having atheists reprove The Q's arguments.

However, it is a truism that atheists who are active on atheist forums are bitter and angry. Healing is available, my friends! The Q longs for a good synthesis/antithesis argument here and not just vituperative vindictiveness. Then again, people tend to get upset not understanding The Q's sense of humor acknowledging itself as a collective hive mind of near-omniscience in the first person...

PS. Omniscience comes from Omni-science and The Q is highly scientific.

This is a highly obnoxious response to a request for your sincere motivations. I guess it's my fault. I did say snarky answers were ok. Dodgy

When is an atheist joking or punning? When they post at TTA.

When is The Q being obnoxious rather than injecting a bit of humor? When The Q collective hive mind posts at TTA.

Hmmmm... No

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
03-02-2016, 03:19 PM
(03-02-2016 12:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you really think that the general description of unevidenced beliefs as delusional, or decrying the occurrence of indoctrination as a source of belief, or that theists regularly defend faith as comforting is comparable to the narrow, personalized assumptions you make about individuals?

They tend to be assumptions about others, which tend to be generalized and also universally applied. While mines are as you put it “personalized”, and I think less offensive, lol. Now most theists, will claim they are not delusional, that their beliefs are not a part of indoctrination, nor because it makes them feel good. But you like other atheists will likely persist with these assumptions about them regardless.

So I’m not too sure why my less offensive assumptions are inappropriate, but the common sort of assumptions made by atheists in regards to theist like myself, are not.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
03-02-2016, 03:23 PM
(03-02-2016 03:19 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  So I’m not too sure why my less offensive assumptions are inappropriate, but the common sort of assumptions made by atheists in regards to theist like myself, are not.

You realize the give and take element here, right? Maybe not, as it didn't seem all too intentional.

Even positive stereotypes or non-harmful generalizations can be problematic if you're searching for something beyond labeling.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-02-2016, 04:07 PM
I came here for the cookies.
[+] 4 users Like jason_delisle's post
03-02-2016, 04:10 PM
(02-02-2016 12:44 PM)Ace Wrote:  they come here because their god-thingy told them in another one of their usual hallucinations to come here to covert your evil sinful life and ours back into the 10% income tax payment life so that we may be saved from our savior's unending love of throwing us in hell Drinking Beverage

seriously what else would be their motivation besides trying to covert us back in order to think "they converted to my personally preferred version of religion so what I believe in IS true and absolute" Dodgy
Cookies.
03-02-2016, 04:16 PM
(02-02-2016 09:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 09:01 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I could see curiosity being a driving force behind a theist coming here. A theist can relate to other theists of other religions like football fans relate to other fans of other teams.

But the idea of someone lacking a belief of any religion, must drive them up the wall.

Their delusion is so strong, it feels real to them.
So in their eyes, we are denying an element of reality.

Fortunately for us, reality is not an opinion.

I cannot relate to other theists. There is no camaraderie among us, and it's not like we're getting together and holding secret theist meetings where we plot out how to convert you all. Tongue

... Or maybe I'm just not invited to such events. Dodgy
There is always one friend in a group that everyone hates. If you don't think it is true...you are that friend.
03-02-2016, 04:18 PM
(02-02-2016 10:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  More theists should weigh in...come on, lurkers, the Dark Side is waiting. Yes Drooling
[Image: a135978df780fa0614d72d73faa42eeb.jpg]
03-02-2016, 04:19 PM
(03-02-2016 03:19 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 12:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you really think that the general description of unevidenced beliefs as delusional, or decrying the occurrence of indoctrination as a source of belief, or that theists regularly defend faith as comforting is comparable to the narrow, personalized assumptions you make about individuals?

They tend to be assumptions about others, which tend to be generalized and also universally applied. While mines are as you put it “personalized”, and I think less offensive, lol. Now most theists, will claim they are not delusional, that their beliefs are not a part of indoctrination, nor because it makes them feel good. But you like other atheists will likely persist with these assumptions about them regardless.

So I’m not too sure why my less offensive assumptions are inappropriate, but the common sort of assumptions made by atheists in regards to theist like myself, are not.

Who here has assumed anything about you?
You utterly missed the point. You make assumptions about people's character. That is the difference.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post