Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(08-03-2016 01:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Why do they come here? Because deep down inside of themselves they know they are wrong, and want to argue about it in an attempt to feel better. Feel less threatened.

To be honest, I've been questioning recently why I do come here. Regarding spirituality, I speak with open-minded atheists quite regularly. The ones here at TTA, spiritually speaking, are dumb as posts. This is not a slur on you but a natural consequence of "joining a club" to mock believers, and publicly.

I have wondered, "Why aren't tons of Christians posting at TTA?" But I think I have some insight there.

PS. Are you going to try to marry Frodo, or Sam? They saw you at the Green Dragon last week, you know...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2016, 12:25 PM
(09-03-2016 10:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 01:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Why do they come here? Because deep down inside of themselves they know they are wrong, and want to argue about it in an attempt to feel better. Feel less threatened.

To be honest, I've been questioning recently why I do come here. Regarding spirituality, I speak with open-minded atheists quite regularly. The ones here at TTA, spiritually speaking, are dumb as posts. This is not a slur on you but a natural consequence of "joining a club" to mock believers, and publicly.

I have wondered, "Why aren't tons of Christians posting at TTA?" But I think I have some insight there.

PS. Are you going to try to marry Frodo, or Sam? They saw you at the Green Dragon last week, you know...

Hah Smile The scumbag shows his true nature. We mock you, True Believer, because you're an idiot. We didn't "join a club" to mock you, you thrust your unwanted attentions on us and were rebuffed. So go thrust your religion-dick into some bunch of believers and receive praise. You show by your last sentence that you are by no means the high-minded wonderful person you pretend to be, just a vindictive dickhead.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
09-03-2016, 12:29 PM
(09-03-2016 12:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hah Smile The scumbag shows his true nature. We mock you, True Believer, because you're an idiot. We didn't "join a club" to mock you, you thrust your unwanted attentions on us and were rebuffed. So go thrust your religion-dick into some bunch of believers and receive praise. You show by your last sentence that you are by no means the high-minded wonderful person you pretend to be, just a vindictive dickhead.

I'm pretty sure he knows he's going to Hell and is scared shitless by it. 'Cause he's a pussy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-03-2016, 12:34 PM
(09-03-2016 12:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure he knows he's going to Hell and is scared shitless by it. 'Cause he's a pussy.

Nah, he knows there's no hell and can't face the void. 'Cos he's decided that somehow he's the specialest little monkey that ever got stuck to a rock in the emptiness of space, and he desperately wants to believe that unlike all the other monkeys somehow he will survive the bit where he is absolutely guaranteed with no hope of a reprieve, that he will eventually die.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
09-03-2016, 12:42 PM
(09-03-2016 10:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  To be honest, I've been questioning recently why I do come here. Regarding spirituality, I speak with open-minded atheists quite regularly. The ones here at TTA, spiritually speaking, are dumb as posts. This is not a slur on you but a natural consequence of "joining a club" to mock believers, and publicly.

Sort of like, joining a church and mocking non-believers and getting debating advice from your imaginary friend.

(09-03-2016 10:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I have wondered, "Why aren't tons of Christians posting at TTA?" But I think I have some insight there.

Wow. That has to be one of the most inane comments I have seen on these forums. You need to imagine a smarter imaginary friend.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
09-03-2016, 01:12 PM
(09-03-2016 12:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 12:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hah Smile The scumbag shows his true nature. We mock you, True Believer, because you're an idiot. We didn't "join a club" to mock you, you thrust your unwanted attentions on us and were rebuffed. So go thrust your religion-dick into some bunch of believers and receive praise. You show by your last sentence that you are by no means the high-minded wonderful person you pretend to be, just a vindictive dickhead.

I'm pretty sure he knows he's going to Hell and is scared shitless by it. 'Cause he's a pussy.

And the Q is mad because he will never convert a single person in the site. His evangelism is a failure of epic proportions.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post
09-03-2016, 01:54 PM
(09-03-2016 01:12 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 12:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure he knows he's going to Hell and is scared shitless by it. 'Cause he's a pussy.

And the Q is mad because he will never convert a single person in the site. His evangelism is a failure of epic proportions.

Does jealous God like failures do you think?

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-03-2016, 01:57 PM
(09-03-2016 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 01:12 PM)Leo Wrote:  And the Q is mad because he will never convert a single person in the site. His evangelism is a failure of epic proportions.

Does jealous God like failures do you think?

Nope. God will send Q to hell. God doesn't like living jokes like the Q.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
09-03-2016, 04:11 PM
(09-03-2016 01:57 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  Does jealous God like failures do you think?

It's been my opinion for a while that if, for the sake of argument, there is a god, Q is an instrument of Satan. Witting or un? (I think witting)

He evangelizes here because here he can be as angry and condescending as he wants to be offline.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
09-03-2016, 04:26 PM
(09-03-2016 01:57 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  Does jealous God like failures do you think?

Q is already in Hell. He's on an atheist forum hoping that he will somehow influence someone, somewhere that his metaphysics are not naive and juvenile. Not sure whether that's quixotic or ironic.

He should try SuscipeDomine. Yes

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post