Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 05:27 PM by Grasshopper.)
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(09-03-2016 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 01:57 PM)Leo Wrote:  Nope. God will send Q to hell. God doesn't like living jokes like the Q.

Q is already in Hell. He's on an atheist forum hoping that he will somehow influence someone, somewhere that his metaphysics are not naive and juvenile. Not sure whether that's quixotic or ironic.

He should try SuscipeDomine. Yes

Yabut, they're Catholics (i.e., not True Christians™). I suspect he would make about as many friends there as he has here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
15-03-2016, 09:47 AM
(09-03-2016 12:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 10:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  To be honest, I've been questioning recently why I do come here. Regarding spirituality, I speak with open-minded atheists quite regularly. The ones here at TTA, spiritually speaking, are dumb as posts. This is not a slur on you but a natural consequence of "joining a club" to mock believers, and publicly.

I have wondered, "Why aren't tons of Christians posting at TTA?" But I think I have some insight there.

PS. Are you going to try to marry Frodo, or Sam? They saw you at the Green Dragon last week, you know...

Hah Smile The scumbag shows his true nature. We mock you, True Believer, because you're an idiot. We didn't "join a club" to mock you, you thrust your unwanted attentions on us and were rebuffed. So go thrust your religion-dick into some bunch of believers and receive praise. You show by your last sentence that you are by no means the high-minded wonderful person you pretend to be, just a vindictive dickhead.

Friends,

I recognize how most people are not looking for an “answer,” but a willing, non-judgmental listener. You are entitled to same--and likely came to TTA to be in a like-minded community.

Having said that, I also recognize that most atheists don't make dozens of posts at forums including TTA mocking theists. Also, I'm here to listen, to discuss, but also to evangelize. Jesus hasn't given up on any of you--yet--as far as I know.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2016, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2016 10:06 AM by Free Thought.)
(15-03-2016 09:47 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 12:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hah Smile The scumbag shows his true nature. We mock you, True Believer, because you're an idiot. We didn't "join a club" to mock you, you thrust your unwanted attentions on us and were rebuffed. So go thrust your religion-dick into some bunch of believers and receive praise. You show by your last sentence that you are by no means the high-minded wonderful person you pretend to be, just a vindictive dickhead.

Friends,

I recognize how most people are not looking for an “answer,” but a willing, non-judgmental listener. You are entitled to same--and likely came to TTA to be in a like-minded community.

Having said that, I also recognize that most atheists don't make dozens of posts at forums including TTA mocking theists. Also, I'm here to listen, to discuss, but also to evangelize. Jesus hasn't given up on any of you--yet--as far as I know.

I'm a little busy tomorrow, but I'm free through most of Friday and the whole weekend. Please inform your boss that I would happily receive him for an interview at any time convenient to him in that space, appointments are not necessary for his class of creature.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 8 users Like Free Thought's post
15-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Quote:Jesus hasn't given up on any of you--yet--as far as I know
How do you know? Talked to him lately?
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
15-03-2016, 01:08 PM
(15-03-2016 11:52 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  How do you know? Talked to him lately?

He claims to, yes.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
15-03-2016, 03:57 PM
(15-03-2016 11:52 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Quote:Jesus hasn't given up on any of you--yet--as far as I know
How do you know? Talked to him lately?
Ha, well I was thinking of saying I know Jesus gave up on me. I am Jesus, everyone tells me it all the time.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-03-2016, 04:03 PM
(15-03-2016 03:57 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 11:52 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  How do you know? Talked to him lately?
Ha, well I was thinking of saying I know Jesus gave up on me. I am Jesus, everyone tells me it all the time.

You know it's blasphemous to claim that you're G-rly Man.
[+] 8 users Like Aliza's post
16-03-2016, 08:58 AM
We mock and deride what makes us uncomfortable. It's not my intention to distress you but to bless you. Jesus hasn't given up on you AFAIK, but beware:

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron..."

Put in other words, toward the end of days, many will go apostate from Christianity, and sear their consciences as with a soldering iron, so that they can no longer respond to the promptings of God... I hope you are still tender toward love and truth. If so, I'll see you in Heaven!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes The Q Continuum's post
16-03-2016, 12:59 PM

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
16-03-2016, 01:41 PM
(16-03-2016 08:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  We mock and deride what makes us uncomfortable. It's not my intention to distress you but to bless you. Jesus hasn't given up on you AFAIK, but beware:

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron..."

Put in other words, toward the end of days, many will go apostate from Christianity, and sear their consciences as with a soldering iron, so that they can no longer respond to the promptings of God... I hope you are still tender toward love and truth. If so, I'll see you in Heaven!

[Image: gallery_2_6_11155_zps4r4epymw.png]

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post