Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(16-03-2016 08:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'll see you in Heaven!

No, you won't.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Unbeliever's post
16-03-2016, 06:09 PM
(16-03-2016 08:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  We mock and deride what makes us uncomfortable. It's not my intention to distress you but to bless you. Jesus hasn't given up on you AFAIK, but beware:

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron..."

Put in other words, toward the end of days, many will go apostate from Christianity, and sear their consciences as with a soldering iron, so that they can no longer respond to the promptings of God... I hope you are still tender toward love and truth. If so, I'll see you in Heaven!

Although you've ignored my questions 99% of the time in the past...

But you do mock and deride us. You are very comfortable with saying what all atheists are like or think or believe or feel. In the next breath, you want us to differentiate you from people like kingschosen and Egor and Ken Ham and so on. You do not, however, give us the same luxury. Why do you expect us to treat you a certain way when you refuse to treat us like that?

Again, saying we're listening to demons and deceitful spirits is just passive-aggressive behavior towards us. Do you not see this?

You say we should be tender toward love and truth. From what I see in your posts, you do not practice this. I'm trying to like you, I really am. When you start accusing us of things, even those of us who don't have you in debates, how do you think we're supposed to act?

You rarely have anything nice to say unless you're asking us to pray. Why is this your usual mode? Why should any of us give you the benefit of the doubt when you arrived with preconceived notions of atheists and refuse to see we're all different?

If your reply is just going to be another "Clockwork, you're stupid/bitter/cynical, and I expected as much from an atheist" or "Open your heart to God/Jesus/etc" then please just ignore me for good.
[+] 12 users Like Clockwork's post
17-03-2016, 04:26 AM
(16-03-2016 08:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  We mock and deride what makes us uncomfortable. It's not my intention to distress you but to bless you. Jesus hasn't given up on you AFAIK, but beware:

I completely and utterly admit to my guilt of wanton mockery on many occasions.

However, I must protest that my prior response was perfectly genuine. Indeed made in jest, but genuine in the words also. Any time your god wants to kick things into gear and get me on-side, it is more than welcome to come and convince me at any time it should decide.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
17-03-2016, 05:11 AM
If Q's God is anything like Q then no thanks.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
17-03-2016, 06:20 AM
(17-03-2016 05:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  If Q's God is anything like Q then no thanks.

God's plan:
  1. Create world.
  2. Populated it with people.
  3. Set up eternal paradise and torment.
  4. Set criteria for deciding who gets eternal reward or punishment to be based on believing in God.
  5. Give people the ability to question things that don't make sense.
  6. Perform a bunch of miracles on a spot of the globe the size of a dime.
  7. Don't do much of anything verifiable anywhere else.
  8. Hide for several thousand years.
  9. Send people like Q to win back all the skeptics who wonder if this god really exists.

Good call, Morondog.
[+] 12 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-03-2016, 09:13 AM
(16-03-2016 06:09 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron..."

Put in other words, toward the end of days, many will go apostate from Christianity, and sear their consciences as with a soldering iron, so that they can no longer respond to the promptings of God... I hope you are still tender toward love and truth. If so, I'll see you in Heaven!

Although you've ignored my questions 99% of the time in the past...

But you do mock and deride us. You are very comfortable with saying what all atheists are like or think or believe or feel. In the next breath, you want us to differentiate you from people like kingschosen and Egor and Ken Ham and so on. You do not, however, give us the same luxury. Why do you expect us to treat you a certain way when you refuse to treat us like that?

Again, saying we're listening to demons and deceitful spirits is just passive-aggressive behavior towards us. Do you not see this?

You say we should be tender toward love and truth. From what I see in your posts, you do not practice this. I'm trying to like you, I really am. When you start accusing us of things, even those of us who don't have you in debates, how do you think we're supposed to act?

You rarely have anything nice to say unless you're asking us to pray. Why is this your usual mode? Why should any of us give you the benefit of the doubt when you arrived with preconceived notions of atheists and refuse to see we're all different?

If your reply is just going to be another "Clockwork, you're stupid/bitter/cynical, and I expected as much from an atheist" or "Open your heart to God/Jesus/etc" then please just ignore me for good.

Do you want me to respond truthfully? I'd like to smooth things over with you. I mean that sincerely. However, I'd also like to be truthful.

The Bible says your stance--not YOU--is demonic. If you consider the Bible to be passive-aggressive, I consider it to be merely aggressive. Jesus Christ is warning you and warning me of spiritual and material consequences to spiritual acts--sin.

I didn't show up at TTA with preconceived notions of atheists. I showed up as a former skeptic myself!

There are five (?) Christians at TTA and hundreds of atheists. I get ten or more nasty memes, disgusting posts, etc. for posting 1,000-word statements patiently explaining my positions--and you are asking me to play nicely with the other bullies at the playground? YOU and I can be civil--always--and I appreciate you. But the reason I rarely anymore post 1,000-word thoughtful answers here is because I'm entitled to share briefer, pithier comments with people who void their bladders on truth.

Did you know I preach publicly at times? You know, in the States, it's typical for 100 people to gather when I preach. Probably 10 to 20 of the crowd agree with me, and mostly silently. Over two-thirds are not evangelicals but want to listen, and more rarely, ask questions. About five (random) atheists come to wherever in the USA I preach, and they are unbelievably bitter, vile and angry. They say horribly filthy things--even a nice Jewish gal herein said this week, Jesus was a "d$^^" but then He died and He wasn't anymore. Nice! Wow! Is THAT the kind of love you aren't getting in life? WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT TTA? This community doesn't truly love others. No way!

I got into the whole demonic thing with BB because the Bible says you can tell if someone is demonized simply by seeing how they fail to respect the name of Jesus and address Him appropriately. You can do it--but BB is LITERALLY unable to type "Jesus is Lord" because he is demonized. A dozen or so times, I've offered to leave TTA forever if he will do so, but he can't! I'm sorry you are offended but that's one of my attempts at a wakeup call to you. You are a nice guy. Hang out long enough as an atheist at TTA, and you'll be BB someday. Save yourself, man!

SAVE YOURSELF from the hot air of TTA. Is that fundamentally different than the "Jesus can save you" message you told me not to post? It is and it isn't. Do the math--and if you want to accuse me of being unloving on a public post, will you accuse the nasty, mean, vicious, vile people who write "Q is a C#$% and Q should get the F#%$ out of my life," too?

Or is it that you KNOW TTAtheists are vile--you being a rare exception--and you KNOW that Christians in general are supposed to be meek, loving people. WHERE DID YOU COME BY THIS KNOWLEDGE? THINK! THINK!! THINK!!!!!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2016, 09:14 AM
(17-03-2016 06:20 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 05:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  If Q's God is anything like Q then no thanks.

God's plan:
  1. Create world.
  4. Set criteria for deciding who gets eternal reward or punishment to be based on believing in God.
  9. Send people like Q to win back all the skeptics who wonder if this god really exists.

Good call, Morondog.

If the miracles were dime-sized, how is it that you and every other TTAtheist knows ALL about them--including the main one for salvation, the resurrection of Jesus Christ!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
18-03-2016, 10:55 AM
(18-03-2016 09:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 06:20 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  God's plan:
  1. Create world.

Good call, Morondog.

If the miracles were dime-sized, how is it that you and every other TTAtheist knows ALL about them--including the main one for salvation, the resurrection of Jesus Christ!

When you have some actual evidence for that resurrection get back to us.

Until you do it is just an unevidenced claim.

Pro tip: The Bible is not the evidence; the Bible is the claim.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
18-03-2016, 01:12 PM
(15-03-2016 03:57 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  ...
I am Jesus, everyone tells me it all the time.

The hair?

It's the hair, isn't it.

Yes

18-03-2016, 01:17 PM
(18-03-2016 09:13 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  [quote='Clockwork' pid='963019' dateline='1458173362']

SAVE YOURSELF from the hot air of TTA. Is that fundamentally different than the "Jesus can save you" message you told me not to post? It is and it isn't. Do the math--and if you want to accuse me of being unloving on a public post, will you accuse the nasty, mean, vicious, vile people who write "Q is a C#$% and Q should get the F#%$ out of my life," too?

You are the hot air of TTA.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post