Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(22-03-2016 10:52 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I come to this forum because I was told you had cookies.

Yeah, those aren't cookies.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-03-2016, 01:10 PM
(22-03-2016 09:27 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 10:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  When you have some actual evidence for that resurrection get back to us.

Until you do it is just an unevidenced claim.

Pro tip: The Bible is not the evidence; the Bible is the claim.

1. You are shifting the posts--the challenge was that God was making small, insignificant miracles.

2. You are again conveniently ignoring the fact--and the Bible addresses this fact--that God conceals His miraculous power from people like... TTA members. If you WANT to experience miracles, you shall! Even non-Christian motivational speakers know and teach the same. Thumbsup

Sorry Mr. Q. Your childish nonsense is refuted by your savior.

Matthew 12:39 "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah".

(BTW, the HIGHEST level Christianity achieves according to it's mystics, is the very opposite of what you say. Someday read St. John of the Cross' "Dark Night of the Soul".)

But what do I know. I have a devil. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-03-2016, 01:14 PM
(22-03-2016 01:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I found myself in a black-hat Jewish community asking questions.
Cool hats.
[Image: jew.png]

(22-03-2016 01:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  … and the girls were a nice perk, too.

You're a dirty, dirty girl.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-03-2016, 01:24 PM
(22-03-2016 01:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 10:52 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I come to this forum because I was told you had cookies.

Yeah, those aren't cookies.
Not cookies! Then what the heck did I eat?
22-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Good question. For me I think it's partly out of a need to defend christianity.
Wherever that comes from, ego maybe ...not sure.
I'll ask the same question of non believers? Why gather and discuss non-belief?
I don't believe cows are sacred. I googled "are cows sacred" and i could not find a discussion on the topic? I'm guessing folks are comfortable with the answer to that question regardless of the answer?
[+] 1 user Likes ScottD's post
22-03-2016, 01:44 PM
(22-03-2016 01:24 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 01:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, those aren't cookies.
Not cookies! Then what the heck did I eat?

Don't ask, don't tell.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-03-2016, 01:45 PM
(22-03-2016 01:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 01:24 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Not cookies! Then what the heck did I eat?

Don't ask, don't tell.
Well...as long as it tastes good who cares what I put in my mouth....feel free to use that quote Chas. Lol
23-03-2016, 09:46 AM
(22-03-2016 11:16 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 09:27 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. You are shifting the posts--the challenge was that God was making small, insignificant miracles.

Bullshit. RobbyPants has already pointed out (in a post that precedes yours, so you should have seen it) that his original claim was that the miracles were (supposedly) performed in a "dime-sized" area (i.e., Palestine) -- not that the miracles themselves were dime-sized.

Quote:2. You are again conveniently ignoring the fact--and the Bible addresses this fact--that God conceals His miraculous power from people like... TTA members. If you WANT to experience miracles, you shall! Even non-Christian motivational speakers know and teach the same. Thumbsup

No, the Bible explicitly states that the miracles were signs "so that you may believe" (Gospel of John, I believe). They were not intended for people who already believed. That was the whole point of them. If you already believe, who needs miracles?

Also, if you already believe, you are much more inclined to see something as miraculous that really isn't -- or even to manufacture and fabricate "miracles". The fact that only "true believers" see the miracles is a strong argument against them.

1. I didn't see that in Robby's post, so thank you. Again, though, the news got out far beyond Israel, so there's that.

2. Your second thought, which I find logical, is one of the reasons I moved from skeptic to believer--it wasn't only a few true believers seeing things... the text records large numbers, as in "John changed rivers because there was more water in the new river to baptize" and "all Judea was following" and "all Asia Minor heard the good news in two years" and etc. Taken together with the serious challenge to "traditional" Judaism--just like Aliza speaks of here, now--there should have been THOUSANDS of Jewish objectors able to say, "No way Jesus healed MULTITUDES of people AROUND Israel and had HUGE crowds hanging on His every word, we live here, and we know..."

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
23-03-2016, 09:49 AM
(22-03-2016 11:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 09:27 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. You are shifting the posts--the challenge was that God was making small, insignificant miracles.

2. You are again conveniently ignoring the fact--and the Bible addresses this fact--that God conceals His miraculous power from people like... TTA members. If you WANT to experience miracles, you shall! Even non-Christian motivational speakers know and teach the same. Thumbsup

More special pleading. You are tedious.

It's not special pleading for to discover, over and again, that every one of hundreds of objections skeptics have is specifically, logically addressed in the Bible. No.

It's also not special pleading to review Bible evidence within the text AND outside the text--but wait--there it is--atheists still have no reason to reject God FOREVER that is logical, since they:

1. Have no evidence God doesn't exist

2. Know "darn well" that the overwhelming majority of people think atheists are stunted spiritually since God's existence is self-evident to them

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
23-03-2016, 09:51 AM
(22-03-2016 01:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Sorry Mr. Q. Your childish nonsense is refuted by your savior.

Matthew 12:39 "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah".

(BTW, the HIGHEST level Christianity achieves according to it's mystics, is the very opposite of what you say. Someday read St. John of the Cross' "Dark Night of the Soul".)

But what do I know. I have a devil. Rolleyes

You do have a demon, since you remain unable to type "Jesus is Lord". Go ahead and do so now at the privacy of your keyboard without posting here at TTA for your public embarrassment.

The "sign of the prophet Jonah" was that Jonah died and resurrected in the fish. Jesus died and resurrected. Not everyone saw His resurrection. Now you have the choice to trust the testimonies of those persons who did.