Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 08:21 AM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(24-03-2016 07:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 11:02 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  But Bucky has taught me things and done "good" deeds for humankind such as others and I.

I thought your point of distinction on how it was KNOWN by the jewish folk at the time Jesus couldn't possibly be a possessed or evil figure because he was doing positive deeds and that demons only trick and lie. How come you don't get to apply that full circle but only in the instances you think it fits? How come?

Um, if Bucky was filled with the Spirit instead, He would testify. How many times have I told you that is the distinction and benchmark?

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

And the "obvious good things" Jesus did included healing the blind, the deaf and mutes--indeed, this was happening in the moment the Pharisees accused Him of being Satanic--because they could not say He was a charlatan and they had to say something.

Adolph Hitler loved his dogs--cared about his ideals--taught people strength--gave Germans "Volkswagens" and "leisure holidays from work"--emphasized pastoral traditions--but was not Spirit-filled.

Bucky may be a nice person--in person--might have a beer or two with me and talk baseball, even Bucky Ball--but he is LITERALLY unable to even type "Jesus is Lord" because he has sold out to darkness. But he can still come back from the brink!
So you just changed you value of having a demon to not have the spirit?

Such a silly range of positions one can judge someone to have.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2016, 08:52 AM
(24-03-2016 07:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 11:02 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  But Bucky has taught me things and done "good" deeds for humankind such as others and I.

I thought your point of distinction on how it was KNOWN by the jewish folk at the time Jesus couldn't possibly be a possessed or evil figure because he was doing positive deeds and that demons only trick and lie. How come you don't get to apply that full circle but only in the instances you think it fits? How come?

Um, if Bucky was filled with the Spirit instead, He would testify. How many times have I told you that is the distinction and benchmark?

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

And the "obvious good things" Jesus did included healing the blind, the deaf and mutes--indeed, this was happening in the moment the Pharisees accused Him of being Satanic--because they could not say He was a charlatan and they had to say something.

Adolph Hitler loved his dogs--cared about his ideals--taught people strength--gave Germans "Volkswagens" and "leisure holidays from work"--emphasized pastoral traditions--but was not Spirit-filled.

Bucky may be a nice person--in person--might have a beer or two with me and talk baseball, even Bucky Ball--but he is LITERALLY unable to even type "Jesus is Lord" because he has sold out to darkness. But he can still come back from the brink!

Are you saying that anyone who has "sold out to darkness" is incapable of saying "Jesus"? Hmmm... somebody should try to verify this. I would, but I really don't care that much and am quite lazy.
24-03-2016, 09:05 AM
(24-03-2016 07:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. There ARE quite a number of Orthodox who convert, and who have converted. Many are secret believers. I remember one fellow witnessing to me--in a church--long white beard and filled with Talmudic wisdom and all. He said to me, "I buried my father and my grandfather and watched them go to Hell, and said nothing because I was afraid. Believe in Y'shua! Don't be afraid!"

Awesome. Can you get me in touch with some of these converts who were raised Orthodox? Even just point me to their websites, or youtube channels... anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
24-03-2016, 10:24 AM
(24-03-2016 08:21 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 07:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Um, if Bucky was filled with the Spirit instead, He would testify. How many times have I told you that is the distinction and benchmark?

So you just changed you value of having a demon to not have the spirit?

I'm unsure why this is now your stance. If you are a good person, you are a typical person. If you cannot type Jesus is Lord, you have a demon. Take the test!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2016, 10:25 AM
(24-03-2016 08:52 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 07:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Um, if Bucky was filled with the Spirit instead, He would testify. How many times have I told you that is the distinction and benchmark?

Are you saying that anyone who has "sold out to darkness" is incapable of saying "Jesus"? Hmmm... somebody should try to verify this. I would, but I really don't care that much and am quite lazy.

Jesus is Lord. READ the Bible I post. THINK. TRY. STRIVE.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-03-2016, 10:27 AM
(24-03-2016 09:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 07:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. There ARE quite a number of Orthodox who convert, and who have converted. Many are secret believers. I remember one fellow witnessing to me--in a church--long white beard and filled with Talmudic wisdom and all. He said to me, "I buried my father and my grandfather and watched them go to Hell, and said nothing because I was afraid. Believe in Y'shua! Don't be afraid!"

Awesome. Can you get me in touch with some of these converts who were raised Orthodox? Even just point me to their websites, or youtube channels... anything.

Why did you ask, after I 1) cited the fact that many are secret believers for fear of ridicule--by you, too, no doubt 2) gave a personal anecdote of a secret Orthodox believer 3) told you if you are interested--I don't think you are interested--that you can go online and read testimonies of tremendous Christian thinkers who left their shtetls and orthodoxy over the centuries...?

24-03-2016, 10:42 AM
(24-03-2016 10:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 08:21 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So you just changed you value of having a demon to not have the spirit?

I'm unsure why this is now your stance. If you are a good person, you are a typical person. If you cannot type Jesus is Lord, you have a demon. Take the test!

You do realize you're putting up two different status scenarios though right? This is "my stance" now because you changed YOUR stance. It was previously just demon this demon that, never were you bringing up the "having spirit" element to it.

And i've already typed it to you, don't you remember? Don't you have faith?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-03-2016, 11:48 AM
(24-03-2016 10:27 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 09:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Awesome. Can you get me in touch with some of these converts who were raised Orthodox? Even just point me to their websites, or youtube channels... anything.

Why did you ask, after I 1) cited the fact that many are secret believers for fear of ridicule--by you, too, no doubt 2) gave a personal anecdote of a secret Orthodox believer 3) told you if you are interested--I don't think you are interested--that you can go online and read testimonies of tremendous Christian thinkers who left their shtetls and orthodoxy over the centuries...?

Q, I think you've been hoodwinked. I think the "Orthodox" person you met adopted his Jewishy appearance after deciding to be Christian.

There are no Christian Jews in Orthodoxy. If any are really hiding in our midst, then I'd suspect they were raised reformed and adopted Orthodxy to try to bolster the Jewish street-cred.

But they won't pass the sniff test to actual learned Jews.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
24-03-2016, 09:18 PM
(24-03-2016 07:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Bucky may be a nice person--in person--might have a beer or two with me and talk baseball, even Bucky Ball--but he is LITERALLY unable to even type "Jesus is Lord" because he has sold out to darkness. But he can still come back from the brink!

Isn't it obvious that Bucky is messing with you? I have no feelings (good or bad) toward Bucky, but that's obvious.
24-03-2016, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2016 10:28 PM by Free Thought.)
(24-03-2016 10:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 08:21 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So you just changed you value of having a demon to not have the spirit?

Hold on a second here.... Highlight... CTRL C CTLR V.... "Jesus is Lord"

Oh good, I'm free of daemons. I can rest easy now that the Inquisition shall not purge me. Last thing I need is the Ordo Malleus or Ordo Hereiticus paying me a visit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post