Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(03-02-2016 04:16 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 09:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I cannot relate to other theists. There is no camaraderie among us, and it's not like we're getting together and holding secret theist meetings where we plot out how to convert you all. Tongue

... Or maybe I'm just not invited to such events. Dodgy
There is always one friend in a group that everyone hates. If you don't think it is true...you are that friend.

Considering some of the theists here (present company excluded, of course), I'm more than comfortable with that. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
03-02-2016, 06:03 PM
(03-02-2016 02:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 10:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  That is not true. You haven't engaged in conversation with the majority here, only those who are inclined to argue with you.

The majority of us here are neither bitter nor angry, they are here to give and receive support and for entertainment, amusing bantering and learning about various things.

And of the ones who do engage with you, some may be angry, but I know of no bitter ones.

Do you honestly believe your assertions? When I post to all, that is, the majority, I sometimes get three-five pages of mean-spirited commentary.

A. Atheists are bitter.
B. You are an atheist.
C. Deductively speaking, you are bitter.

I believe your own reply to this post will demonstrate that fact. Prove me wrong.

The majority doesn't engage in conversation with you.

Personally, I am neither angry nor bitter. I don't much care for you because I don't sense any empathy in you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 14 users Like Dom's post
03-02-2016, 06:07 PM
(03-02-2016 06:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 02:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Do you honestly believe your assertions? When I post to all, that is, the majority, I sometimes get three-five pages of mean-spirited commentary.

A. Atheists are bitter.
B. You are an atheist.

I believe your own reply to this post will demonstrate that fact. Prove me wrong.

The majority doesn't engage in conversation with you.

Personally, I am neither angry nor bitter. I don't much care for you because I don't sense any empathy in you.

I was gonna make the distinction between universal and existential quantification and then thought "fuck it". Be like trying to explain it my dog.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-02-2016, 06:10 PM
(03-02-2016 06:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 06:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  The majority doesn't engage in conversation with you.

I was gonna make the distinction between universal and existential quantification and then thought "fuck it". Be like trying to explain it my dog.

He's not the only theist here who can't grasp that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2016, 06:55 PM
(03-02-2016 06:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 06:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  The majority doesn't engage in conversation with you.

[Image: 76a78c046e717c62b2150a3a8f6a7fdf.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like jason_delisle's post
03-02-2016, 09:41 PM
(03-02-2016 02:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Do you honestly believe your assertions? When I post to all, that is, the majority, I sometimes get three-five pages of mean-spirited commentary.

A. Atheists are bitter.
B. You are an atheist.

You are a liar.

You get three to five page responses because that is usually the minimum required to sort through all the misrepresentations, misstatements and outright falsehoods. Add in the odd non-sequitur and other logical fallacies and it might take even more. Not to mention, deliberate, willful ignorance on basic science, evolution and philosophy.

You are also a troll, although not a very good one. See, with a good troll, it takes a while to realize that you're being trolled.

Looks like you're moving towards the martyrdom phase of your posting. You start with preaching, move to whining, then self aggrandizement and self-martyrdom.
Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
03-02-2016, 09:56 PM
(03-02-2016 02:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Logically speaking, and I am unanimous in this (forgive the Are You Being Served? pun) if you were angry but not bitter, you would simply put me on ignore without the angry, bitter cursing--directed at me--on a public forum.

I can't say checkmate because you are angry and bitter and not reconciled. I'll say, "repent".

Kingsy and a few of the other theists don't get pages of angry responses. You do Q, because you post ignorant Fundi crap. YOUR posted Fundie nonsense is what provokes the responses you get. No one is angry or bitter. We get you idiots like to make that judgmental generalization cuz it makes church ladies like you, feel all superior and righteous. But I have a demon, (according to you). Jebus gave you the power to discern demons in people you don't even know. How special. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-02-2016, 10:55 PM
(03-02-2016 09:41 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

A. Atheists are bitter.
B. You are an atheist.

You are a liar.

You get three to five page responses because that is usually the minimum required to sort through all the misrepresentations, misstatements and outright falsehoods. Add in the odd non-sequitur and other logical fallacies and it might take even more. Not to mention, deliberate, willful ignorance on basic science, evolution and philosophy.

You are also a troll, although not a very good one. See, with a good troll, it takes a while to realize that you're being trolled.

Looks like you're moving towards the martyrdom phase of your posting. You start with preaching, move to whining, then self aggrandizement and self-martyrdom.
Drinking Beverage

BAM! Right on. I made a joke a few pages back, but the truth is, people like the "Q" are mentally injured at some level (BTW, sorry for your injury, ("Q")).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-02-2016, 11:13 PM
(03-02-2016 09:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 10:45 AM)mgoering Wrote:  We're all here for different reasons.

I'm a relatively new deconvert, so I come here frequently to listen to rational arguments against theism in order reinforce my newly held beliefs. Something so irrational should be very easy to dismiss. But because the decades of indoctrination and the threats for apostasy built in to the religion itself, it takes longer than it should.

That's my reason for being here. I wondered why others would visit this site daily. Especially Christians or other theists. What do you get out of it? Are you here to proselytize, to evangelize or to save souls? Do you have your own doubts and are looking for answers? Are you here to defend God, Jesus, Mohammad, Allah, Joseph Smth, et al against attacks by faithless cretins?

I know many will respond with snarky answers. That's OK. But, what I'm really interested in is understanding the psychology of what causes a person to so passionately believe or not believe. So if you can, be brutally honest.

The Q originally touched down on this forum to hear your rationale. When The Q shares Jesus with others The Q finds people either open or closed, but the atheists know ALL the Christian canards, so in a Hegelian synthesis The Q's already near-omniscient knowledge base grows having atheists reprove The Q's arguments.

However, it is a truism that atheists who are active on atheist forums are bitter and angry. Healing is available, my friends! The Q longs for a good synthesis/antithesis argument here and not just vituperative vindictiveness. Then again, people tend to get upset not understanding The Q's sense of humor acknowledging itself as a collective hive mind of near-omniscience in the first person...

PS. Omniscience comes from Omni-science and The Q is highly scientific.

Bwahahaha... you're very funny and very "Q-like". It's a good act. Thanks for the giggles. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
04-02-2016, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 08:09 AM by Tomasia.)
(03-02-2016 04:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Who here has assumed anything about you?

Pretty make every atheists here who attempted to make assumptions about why I believe and etc...

Quote:You utterly missed the point. You make assumptions about people's character. That is the difference.

I'm not too sure what you mean here. Have I made assumptions about your character?

My interactions with TbD should be excluded since our relationship is a unique beast of it's own. But other than this, I'm not sure what assumptions you're referring to.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."