Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(25-03-2016 05:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 01:24 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Not cookies! Then what the heck did I eat?

Uh... possibly a small part of the Q Continuum's brain that's seemingly fallen out? Confused

Taste like shit?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-03-2016, 06:01 AM
(25-03-2016 04:44 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 03:55 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  No, they didn't/couldn't have. The whole beginning of 'Genetics' was with Watson and Crick actually, finally working out what it was inside the cells and its shape/form that lead onto the vast, amazing field of genetics.

Before that I'm sure there were a plethora of ideas about what as happening inside cells. Much like people used to believe in the 'eather' before better tests were devised work out what lay between the stars.

I didn't mean to imply that they had some kind of advanced (or even correct) understanding of genetics. But of course they understood that a person is made up of material from 4 grandparents. If 2 or 3 of those grandparents were Jews, then that person was classified as a Jew themselves. -Or could be considered Jewish. I think there was a "test" that was administered to determine "how Jewish" a person was, and lifestyle did play a factor as material inherited from grandparents became more watered down.

Ideology did play a role, but it was not solely based on ideology because it is my understanding that Christians with a certain amount of Jewish grandparents were considered to be Jewish, and their own beliefs did not factor in.

Also, people with 1 Jewish grandparent passed for normal society, but they were not permitted to marry Jews because the intention was to breed the "Jewishness" out of the population.

(25-03-2016 03:55 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Consider That's cool to know.

So it's a person's education which determines who is and ins't of the fiath?

Uhm... not quite, but education and willingness to be a part of the Jewish community can play a role. The explanation is based on woo, too. Jewishness is not a trait that can be scientifically tested for.

I heard back when I was in high school that Hitler started to gain power because back in those days Germany was pulling the same shit that the U.S. is doing. I am white and if I apply for a job that a "minority" is also going for and there is some type of test, I have to be at least ten points better than the "minority" in order to even be considered. I am not saying this because I am angry or anything. I have a good job. If what I was told is true, then that might be what initially gave him power. And knowing how the jewish people like to be exclusive and keep as much money in their group as possible, this could be the cause. I know that if you are non-Jewish and you apply for a job in a company owned by a jew, most likely they will wait to higher a jewish individual. Likewise, if you own a business in a jewish neighborhood and there is a similar place nearby owned by someone who is jewish, all the jews in the area are going to spend their money in the jewish business. I am not sure if this is accurate or not, but it at least sounds plausible. I am not so sure it is just a coincidence that someone decides to wipe them from existence every hundred or so years. I am just asking a question.
26-03-2016, 06:03 AM
(25-03-2016 08:33 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 05:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Uh... possibly a small part of the Q Continuum's brain that's seemingly fallen out? Confused

Taste like shit?
It was rather bland and nutty actually.
[+] 3 users Like jason_delisle's post
26-03-2016, 10:25 AM
(26-03-2016 06:03 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 08:33 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Taste like shit?
It was rather bland and nutty actually.

It's mostly empty calories anyway.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-03-2016, 10:34 AM
(25-03-2016 03:16 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 11:32 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I don’t self-identify because the Jewish community is small and the observant circles are even smaller. To me, this is a matter of personal safety, and I choose not to leave an obvious trail of breadcrumbs to my front door.

(25-03-2016 11:32 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh, cause they’re secret Christians and they're scared about what we'll think. Why are they so scared?
I dunno, why would someone be scared about what the Jewish community would think?

We consume Christian souls (and we do it just for fun). Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
26-03-2016, 10:56 AM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
26-03-2016, 11:47 AM
(24-03-2016 10:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If you cannot type Jesus is Lord, you have a demon. Take the test!

I could type that, but since I believe it to be a lie I will not type that. I'll take My chances with the demon, thankyouverymuch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
26-03-2016, 03:12 PM
(26-03-2016 10:34 AM)Aliza Wrote:  We consume Christian souls (and we do it just for fun). Evil_monster

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
28-03-2016, 09:45 AM
(24-03-2016 10:42 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 10:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm unsure why this is now your stance. If you are a good person, you are a typical person. If you cannot type Jesus is Lord, you have a demon. Take the test!

You do realize you're putting up two different status scenarios though right? This is "my stance" now because you changed YOUR stance. It was previously just demon this demon that, never were you bringing up the "having spirit" element to it.

And i've already typed it to you, don't you remember? Don't you have faith?

Clyde, stop being self-centered and "it's all about you" in mentality. BB cannot type Jesus is Lord because BB is a demoniac. I've made that clear multiple times. I'm sure you're a nice chap in person, I'm sure BB is too. But he's gone a little too far and is paying a price for it.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
28-03-2016, 09:49 AM
(24-03-2016 11:48 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 10:27 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Why did you ask, after I 1) cited the fact that many are secret believers for fear of ridicule--by you, too, no doubt 2) gave a personal anecdote of a secret Orthodox believer 3) told you if you are interested--I don't think you are interested--that you can go online and read testimonies of tremendous Christian thinkers who left their shtetls and orthodoxy over the centuries...?

Q, I think you've been hoodwinked. I think the "Orthodox" person you met adopted his Jewishy appearance after deciding to be Christian.

There are no Christian Jews in Orthodoxy. If any are really hiding in our midst, then I'd suspect they were raised reformed and adopted Orthodxy to try to bolster the Jewish street-cred.

But they won't pass the sniff test to actual learned Jews.

I see. There are many hundreds of thousands of secret Christians among Muslim, Hindu and other populations, because they fear reprisals, but no Orthodox Jew has anything to fear (like having their family sit shiva for them and remove all contact with them). Not.

Nor is it even remotely possible, in your humble estimation, having grown up Reform (?) and now, later in life, getting more interested--like the false Orthodox you wrote about... c'mon. Be consistent. Use your brain and a level playing field. I ALREADY TOLD YOU ABOUT AN ORTHODOX WHO BURIED HIS FATHER AND GRANDFATHER WHO WERE ORTHODOX REBBES and had a testimony about being a secret believer. A NUMBER OF NEW TESTAMENT contributors were in the same state as secret believers, too.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.