Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(11-04-2016 01:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:12 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  For the sake of argument, let's just say a god does exist. Not everyone can be correct. It might be Thor, you never know. You may be pissing god off by going to the wrong church or whatever. It may be the muslim god allah. I don't see any reason to believe any of them exist, but all the holy books disagree about so many things. They can't all be correct and that is assuming that one of them is. So to say that you don't have to worship exactly the way the supposedly correct ones do it in order to be accepted by "god" is incorrect at the very least.

Good point. Most holy books agree on a wide variety of things. Most important for this discussion? That we save ourselves via our works/religion. Christianity is unique in making salvation a gift you cannot earn, only receive.

Too bad you never read the Bible.

James 2:14-26
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2016, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 01:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
And the Q is back, breaking his word. And thus Q will go down in the books as just another typical lying piece of shit representative of fake Christians everywhere pretending to be something they have no fucking clue what it means to be. Sacrificing their principles for a piece of God. .... Did I point out Q's a hypocritical liar?

#sigh
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-04-2016, 01:37 PM
(11-04-2016 01:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And the Q is back, breaking his word. And thus Q will go down as just another typical lying piece of shit representative of fake Christians everywhere pretending to be something they have no fucking clue what it means to be. Sacrificing their principles for a piece of God. .... Did I point out Q's a hypocritical liar?

Yep the Qunt is back. Qunt will never be banned , so I don't think he will stop posting nonsense in the site.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
11-04-2016, 01:40 PM
(11-04-2016 01:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:44 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Just for the record... from a Jewish perspective, worshiping G-d or believing in G-d is not required at all. We think it would be nice if you believed in G-d, but it's okay if you don't. If G-d needed to be worshiped, then G-d would not be infinite. If you needed to worship G-d to avoid eternal punishment, then G-d had the means to ensure your compliance.

The main idea is to learn, grow, and live a wonderful life. Not to turn your life over to G-d and just let Jesus take the wheel.

There are thousands of verses in both testaments about learning, growing and living wonderfully. Regarding salvation, however, yes, Christianity says it is a gift we receive rather than a reward we earn.

I'm sorry, Q. I was enjoying our conversation, but you made a promise to the forum that you would leave if certain conditions were met. Those conditions have been met, so you're breaking a promise by remaining here.

I don't feel comfortable at this time carrying on any further communications with you.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
11-04-2016, 01:46 PM
(11-04-2016 01:37 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And the Q is back, breaking his word. And thus Q will go down as just another typical lying piece of shit representative of fake Christians everywhere pretending to be something they have no fucking clue what it means to be. Sacrificing their principles for a piece of God. .... Did I point out Q's a hypocritical liar?

Yep the Qunt is back. Qunt will never be banned , so I don't think he will stop posting nonsense in the site.

The power of Christ compels him.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-04-2016, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 01:51 PM by Leo.)
(11-04-2016 01:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:37 PM)Leo Wrote:  Yep the Qunt is back. Qunt will never be banned , so I don't think he will stop posting nonsense in the site.

The power of Christ compels him.

Or maybe he is a demon ? Or possessed by atleast 5 demons ?

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
11-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Hah. Qbert can't keep a promise it seems. I was moderately impressed (and hopeful) that he'd stayed the fuck away, but his irrepresible need to be an arrogant douche was finally too much for him it seems.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-04-2016, 02:28 PM
I have sent someone three possible predictions for why he returned. We shall see if I was right.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
11-04-2016, 03:04 PM
(11-04-2016 01:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:44 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Just for the record... from a Jewish perspective, worshiping G-d or believing in G-d is not required at all. We think it would be nice if you believed in G-d, but it's okay if you don't. If G-d needed to be worshiped, then G-d would not be infinite. If you needed to worship G-d to avoid eternal punishment, then G-d had the means to ensure your compliance.

The main idea is to learn, grow, and live a wonderful life. Not to turn your life over to G-d and just let Jesus take the wheel.

There are thousands of verses in both testaments about learning, growing and living wonderfully. Regarding salvation, however, yes, Christianity says it is a gift we receive rather than a reward we earn.

Yabut, why are you here again? The place was so much nicer without you.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Well, we already knew he is a liar, so noone should have been really surprised. Disappointed, yes, surprised, not really.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse