Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(11-04-2016 02:28 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I have sent someone three possible predictions for why he returned. We shall see if I was right.

If you don't count "He's a lying sack of shit who doesn't keep his promises", I can think of two. But I shall remain silent for the time being as to what those two are.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2016, 03:46 PM
(11-04-2016 03:36 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 02:28 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I have sent someone three possible predictions for why he returned. We shall see if I was right.

If you don't count "He's a lying sack of shit who doesn't keep his promises", I can think of two. But I shall remain silent for the time being as to what those two are.
Actually that wasn't one of mine. But I can send you them.
11-04-2016, 03:51 PM
He has to save us...by lying his ass off. Isnt that obvious? Lecture_preist

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
11-04-2016, 03:56 PM
(11-04-2016 03:46 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 03:36 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  If you don't count "He's a lying sack of shit who doesn't keep his promises", I can think of two. But I shall remain silent for the time being as to what those two are.
Actually that wasn't one of mine. But I can send you them.

Why not? PM me, and we shall see if mine match any of yours.
11-04-2016, 04:03 PM

#sigh
11-04-2016, 04:39 PM
I knew Q wouldn't keep his word. A liar. Imagine that. *yawn*

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-04-2016, 10:35 PM
(11-04-2016 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I knew Q wouldn't keep his word. A liar. Imagine that. *yawn*

God will forgive him Dodgy Saving our souls by being a prick is more important.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
12-04-2016, 10:13 AM
(11-04-2016 01:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  [...]Most holy books agree on a wide variety of things. Most important for this discussion? That we save ourselves via our works/religion. Christianity is unique in making salvation a gift you cannot earn, only receive.

Simply because most "holy" books allegedly agree on a wide variety of things doesn't mean they're (all) necessarily any more truthful or accurate—as you seem to be inferring.

The Christian bible, the Quran, the Talmud, the Upanishads etc are all full of absolute bullshit, and talk about imaginary gods and spirits, and angels and devils, and heaven and hell. So yes; they're in agreement broadly speaking, but it's all neither here nor there in the real world.

And "salvation" is a Christian "gift" you can only receive? What's that mean in simple English?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
12-04-2016, 11:11 AM
(12-04-2016 10:13 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And "salvation" is a Christian "gift" you can only receive? What's that mean in simple English?

Anal sex?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-04-2016, 12:53 PM
(11-04-2016 01:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Good point. Most holy books agree on a wide variety of things. Most important for this discussion? That we save ourselves via our works/religion. Christianity is unique in making salvation a gift you cannot earn, only receive.

Too bad you never read the Bible.

James 2:14-26
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Would you like to add James 2 to our debate? Because you are misunderstanding what it says.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user