Why do theists come to this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: Why do theists come to this forum?
(12-04-2016 11:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 10:13 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And "salvation" is a Christian "gift" you can only receive? What's that mean in simple English?

Anal sex?

Only if you're an altar boy.Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
12-04-2016, 12:55 PM
(12-04-2016 12:53 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 01:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Too bad you never read the Bible.

James 2:14-26
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Would you like to add James 2 to our debate? Because you are misunderstanding what it says.

Would you like to keep your promise, and leave the forum?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-04-2016, 12:55 PM
All,

I have challenged BB to a video debate on another thread. It did not escape my notice that it took him months to (have someone type for him) "Jesus is Lord". I recommend you all attend this video debate, following which, I will leave TTA, forever.

Thanks!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2016, 12:59 PM
(12-04-2016 12:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

I have challenged BB to a video debate on another thread. It did not escape my notice that it took him months to (have someone type for him) "Jesus is Lord". I recommend you all attend this video debate, following which, I will leave TTA, forever.

Thanks!

You already promised once to leave under a certain condition, without any caveats.

Now that the condition has been met, you remain, restate the promise with caveat and expect us to believe you. And you insult the integrity of another poster.

Or even care what you do, for that matter.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
12-04-2016, 01:05 PM
I doubt Q is a theist. He is a troll. Actually, he probably is a theist of one sort or another.
12-04-2016, 01:13 PM

Thanks!

I have a feeling after the video debate (which I don't think anyone should have to do just to get rid of you) you will simply ask for an in person meeting or deny the person in the video is in fact BB. Just like any theist once you are proven wrong you simply move the goal post further down the field and hope the person you're debating can't reach it or will refuse to even try so you win. In fact you have already lost and you just won't admit it. If you have any dignity you would just leave and be done with it or just admit you never planned on leaving. The Skype debate is just a desperate attempt to control the situation after you stated you wanted BB to write that "Jesus is Lord", which he already did.

It's funny you don't believe it was really BB who wrote it but you believe men who followed Jesus around really did "write" the Bible or their words were transcribed, translated, edited and compiled into the Bible and we just have to believe that? I have to say in this situation you lack faith and for a theist that's pretty pathetic.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like SitaSky's post
12-04-2016, 01:24 PM
(12-04-2016 01:13 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  

Thanks!

I have a feeling after the video debate (which I don't think anyone should have to do just to get rid of you) you will simply ask for an in person meeting or deny the person in the video is in fact BB. Just like any theist once you are proven wrong you simply move the goal post further down the field and hope the person you're debating can't reach it or will refuse to even try so you win. In fact you have already lost and you just won't admit it. If you have any dignity you would just leave and be done with it or just admit you never planned on leaving. The Skype debate is just a desperate attempt to control the situation after you stated you wanted BB to write that "Jesus is Lord", which he already did.

It's funny you don't believe it was really BB who wrote it but you believe men who followed Jesus around really did "write" the Bible or their words were transcribed, translated, edited and compiled into the Bible and we just have to believe that? I have to say in this situation you lack faith and for a theist that's pretty pathetic.

Actually it can be worse than that. I once had someone hack my skype to get a list of people I am friends with on facebook as well as my personal info. I don't know what type of program they used.
12-04-2016, 01:30 PM

Thanks!

Why bother to make more promises you won't keep?

Oh, wait…that's exactly like the god character you worship. Never mind, go ahead and continue with your lying weasel tactics. Very Christian of you.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
12-04-2016, 02:22 PM

Thanks!

[Image: charlie-brown-kick-the-football-ebook-ap...abel=eBook]

We’re not Charlie Brown and you’re not Lucy. Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
12-04-2016, 02:35 PM
A liar who thinks someone else spoke for Bucky. Nice dodge btw.

Some people here respect and positive rep a liar, makes me wonder about them. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post