Why do theists need God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2015, 08:12 AM
RE: Why do theists need God?
(21-03-2015 08:08 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 08:00 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  It has existed for quite a long time so far, if measurable evidence matters, and we have no evidence that it will end any time soon. Thank you for playing.
we also have no evidence of opposite. If you think that universe will exist for billions of years you are not different from any believer

Ignore is the only option left. You are too pathetic to even feel sorry for.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Security blanket.
[+] 1 user Likes Helio's post
21-03-2015, 08:19 AM
(21-03-2015 07:49 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  You really need to get some anti-depressant medication. Drinking Beverage
You have scientific proof that Universe won't end tomorrow? Where's your skepticism?

Yes, it's called physics.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
21-03-2015, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 08:24 AM by NoSkyDaddy.)
Z
(21-03-2015 08:08 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 08:00 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  It has existed for quite a long time so far, if measurable evidence matters, and we have no evidence that it will end any time soon. Thank you for playing.
we also have no evidence of opposite. If you think that universe will exist for billions of years you are not different from any believer

We can measure the speed of light. We can use a parallax to calculate the distance to cosmic objects. We can use distance divided by speed of light to tell how long the light has traveled. Based on this measureable data, we can reasonably conclude that the universe is very old. On what data are you basing your "beliefs"?

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
21-03-2015, 08:24 AM
(21-03-2015 08:12 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  I'm teaching my children that its a big wonderful world
This world is not wonderful, you just ignore reality and tell your kids fairy tales.
If you want to teach them real world let them go to Iraq/Syria or at least visit bestgore/liveleak
Quote: In other words I'm teaching my children to live and grow, not suffer and sacrifice.
And also giving them death sentence
21-03-2015, 08:26 AM
(21-03-2015 08:20 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Z
(21-03-2015 08:08 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  we also have no evidence of opposite. If you think that universe will exist for billions of years you are not different from any believer

We can measure the speed of light. We can use a parallax to calculate the distance to cosmic objects. We can use distance divided by speed of light to tell how long the light has traveled. Based on this measureable data, we can reasonably conclude that the universe is very old. On what data are you basing your "beliefs"?
There can be yet undiscovered law of physics which limits how long Universe can last and it can happen in billions of years or tomorrow
21-03-2015, 08:32 AM
(21-03-2015 08:26 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
There can be yet undiscovered law of physics which limits how long Universe can last and it can happen in billions of years or tomorrow

And when you have evidence we can discuss it. If such a thing is available to be discovered, it will happen through careful measurement and observation. It will then be rigorously tested for flaws before being accepted . It will not, however, be mystically devined by priests, witch doctors, prophets or any other manner of fraudulent fucktard hucksters.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
21-03-2015, 08:33 AM
(21-03-2015 08:26 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  

There could be undiscovered laws of physics that show that the universe can never end and will exist is some way for all of time. For now, all the evidence says that it will not end tomorrow or even in a hundred years but billions. When you have some evidence that shows otherwise, present it. Do you hate life so much that you want the universe to end tomorrow?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
21-03-2015, 08:37 AM
(21-03-2015 08:33 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  For now, all the evidence says that it will not end tomorrow or even in a hundred years but billions.
There is no such evidence. Universe expanded very fast in the begining and can collapse very fast at any moment.
21-03-2015, 08:43 AM
(21-03-2015 08:24 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 08:12 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  I'm teaching my children that its a big wonderful world
This world is not wonderful, you just ignore reality and tell your kids fairy tales.
If you want to teach them real world let them go to Iraq/Syria or at least visit bestgore/liveleak

That's your opinion. I don't judge the world by the worst in it. What's happening in Iraq is caused by religion. Different factions of the same religion are killing each other. It's nothing new. This world would be a damn sight better without mysticism.

I would never send my children to a land full of savages and mystics who believe that they are justified by their beliefs in an imaginary god to kill others who don't believe as they do. Those places are better left alone to suffer their own misery.

(21-03-2015 08:24 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  [quote='true scotsman' pid='752796' dateline='1426947142']
Quote: In other words I'm teaching my children to live and grow, not suffer and sacrifice.
And also giving them death sentence

So in other words, happiness is bad, suffering is good. Got it. We know what your hierarchy of values is.