Why do theists need God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 06:10 AM
RE: Why do theists need God?
(21-03-2015 01:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 01:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Since I ain't dimaniac, I ain't gonna show shit (I'd hafta re-research), but I am gonna say the math is out there. Big Grin

Yabut, it's in crayon.

Quote: Their model suggests dark energy will dominate the universe shortly before a “turnaround,” leading to an eventual collapse. While they cannot set a date on when this turnaround will occur, a natural choice for the strengths of forces suggests it could be quite soon.

Tomorrow. Evil_monster

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-03-2015, 06:59 AM
(25-03-2015 06:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 01:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, it's in crayon.

Quote: Their model suggests dark energy will dominate the universe shortly before a “turnaround,” leading to an eventual collapse. While they cannot set a date on when this turnaround will occur, a natural choice for the strengths of forces suggests it could be quite soon.

Tomorrow. Evil_monster

Nooooooooo! I'm expecting a package to arrive on Friday. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
25-03-2015, 10:21 AM
(25-03-2015 06:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 06:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Tomorrow. Evil_monster

Nooooooooo! I'm expecting a package to arrive on Friday. Weeping

No worries. They don't even know if they're modeling the right universe. Fucking math. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Because if they didn't have a god they wouldn't be theists.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
25-03-2015, 09:38 PM
I'd say people always want to belong somewhere, they want to feel safe, that there's someone to stand up for them when they are down. Who could be better than an all powerful, awesome, it-will-all- be-ok-at-the-end parents figure. They even call him "father".
And have you noticed how people usually turn to god, when they are in a difficult situation...
But yes, life sucks sometimes, it's shit and horrible sometimes, but get the fuk up and get going. No one's gonna pick you up and carry you there. but then again, we all cope with hard things differently, and some of those people really need something to believe in, even if it's untrue, to get by.
25-03-2015, 09:52 PM
(21-03-2015 07:52 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It took me a while to stop thinking that my paternal grandmother was watching over my kids and me. It also took a while to accept the fact that my first husband was gone forever and to stop 'talking' to him. I do think this is the last bit of theism that I was able to release. Somehow, it was comforting to believe they 'lived on'. But it's all an illusion.

I'm with you, I miss my grandma terriblySad